Cannot enable memcached or change encryption config

Hi there,

I have configured memcached in my server using localhost for settings (127.0.01) and default port, it is enabled and should work with Prestashop.

Also, I have insalled the mcrypt library for PHP (and I used it) but when I try to change the settings in the backend it does not save my configuration.

Any advice ?

Kind regards,

Permissions on config folder for writing was causing this. Probably because changing FastCGI / mod_php configuration.

Just check you gave permissions.

Hi there,

I have configured memcached in my server using localhost for settings (127.0.01) and default port, it is enabled and should work with Prestashop.

Also, I have insalled the mcrypt library for PHP (and I used it) but when I try to change the settings in the backend it does not save my configuration.

Any advice ?

Kind regards,

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any other solutions to this problem?

Linux Fedora 17

Using Prestashop 1.5.3

Have done the following - yum install memcached, have edited /etc/sysconfig/memcached to allow cachesize of 512mb, turned on using systemctl start memcached.service, checked was running using echo stats | nc localhost 11211 and returned output showing memcached was running.

Then I edited /etc/iptables and added -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 11211 -j ACCEPT before restarting firewall using systemctl restart iptables then checked again using echo stats | nc 127.0.0.1 11211 and again got output showing was working.

Then did yum install memcached and restarted httpd.

Everything works (as far as I can tell)

Go to Prestashop > Advanced Parameters > Performance - select Yes for Caching.......click save and screen refreshes saying Update Successful but when check shows use caching as No.....

Have checked that /var/www/html/sexythings4u.eu/config is read & writeable (it is)

Have turned on error reporting in config.inc.php and tried again...not returning any errors.

Not sure where I am going wrong....any help gratefully accepted....thanks in advance for your help

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, This is somit using prestashop v1.5.6 English version. and my website is http://www.slmobileprice.com

I am trying to configure Performance - Ciphering option but getting error -  The PHP "Mcrypt" extension is not activated on this server.

Could you please tell me how to enable Rijndael with mcrypt lib.

Mcrypt is faster than our custom BlowFish class, but requires the PHP extension "mcrypt". If you change this configuration, all cookies will be reset.

Algorithm

Use Rijndael with mcrypt lib. 
 Keep the custom BlowFish class.