Version 1.5.3.1 Help on Products Ordering

PC33

Hello everyone, after searching everywhere i cannot seem to find the fix for this problem.

On other prestashop 1.4 version i can easy go to the products in back-office and change their position by drag and drop them to which position i need.

With 1.5 versions that option not even exists, i mean, there is no drag and drop there is not position option, the only thing that we have is on product preferences changing the way they display and the ascending descending option.

So having say this, i would expect to have a more functionally Prestashop after a new version like 1.5, im a bit regret of changing my old fully functional 1.4 version to this one now.

Is there anyway to have the drag and drop option available.

Thank You all

OMG, that simple!!!!

Big thank you for the fast answering and still think that should be more intuitive, anyway, problem solved :)

Your the best

Kind Regards

you are most welcome...easier than 1.4...now we don't have to drill through the each category and sub-category to sort the products...10x better than 1.4 :)

• 2 weeks later...

you are most welcome...easier than 1.4...now we don't have to drill through the each category and sub-category to sort the products...10x better than 1.4 :)

Could you elaborate on the instructions for this please? I cannot order products specifically within categories in the way you have described.

In the back office I have navigated to: Catalog > Products > Ticked "Filter By Category", and selected a category.

In the list of products under iPods, I have several products, but cannot drag and drop in the way you have described. I can order by the usual title sort arrows (ID, Name, Reference etc...), But I'd like to arrange them how I like.

I'm using 1.5.3.1. Is there a bug with drag and drop, am I doing it wrong, or has it just been disabled in this version?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Edited by garyjj127 (see edit history)

Could you elaborate on the instructions for this please? I cannot order products specifically within categories in the way you have described.

In the back office I have navigated to: Catalog > Products > Ticked "Filter By Category", and selected a category.

In the list of products under iPods, I have several products, but cannot drag and drop in the way you have described. I can order by the usual title sort arrows (ID, Name, Reference etc...), But I'd like to arrange them how I like.

I'm using 1.5.3.1. Is there a bug with drag and drop, am I doing it wrong, or has it just been disabled in this version?

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry I don't know why it doesnt' work for you....as you can guess it's difficult to figure out without back office...please post screen shots

Thenks for the quick reply Elpatron.

OK, this is weird... I just logged into the back office to take a screen shot for you. Navigated to the product section, filtered by category, and it works! The position arrows were definitely not there before!! Spooky...

Thenks for the quick reply Elpatron.

OK, this is weird... I just logged into the back office to take a screen shot for you. Navigated to the product section, filtered by category, and it works! The position arrows were definitely not there before!! Spooky...

user error..jajajajaja...it takes some getting used to...I think the 1.5 back office is a 'huge' improvement over 1.4...jump menus!...no more select and filer...sweet

Haha, yes I'm still getting to find my way around, and it's still 1000 times better than many "paid" carts.

The strange thing is, I tried drag and drop at home last night on both IE9 and Chrome and couldn't get it to work. I wonder whether it's a browser issue? It worked straight away this morning when I got to work and I haven't changed a thing!