Problem With Product Cutomization

kalai20078

Hi

I have a problem in PS1.5.3 with product custom fields. i want my customization fields to be just a text fields not a text area fields.

my current code is

<textarea type="text" style="width:50px; height:17px;" name="textField{$field.id_customization_field}" id="textField{$customizationField}" rows="1" cols="10" class="customization_block_input" />{if isset($textFields.$key)}{$textFields.$key|stripslashes}{/if}</textarea>

and i have changed this to

<input type="text" style="width:50px; height:17px;" name="textField{$field.id_customization_field}" id="textField{$customizationField}" rows="1" cols="10" class="customization_block_input" value="{if isset($textFields.$key)}{$textFields.$key|stripslashes}{/if}"/>

to make all the fields as just a text filed. it displays the data from the db but am unable to Save or Update the custom data's. if i revert it to the textarea code its working fine.

Please help me to fix this....

and also want to know, how can i make this Customization part common for all of my products (not interested in any modules but through code). is there any way to do this. my products are all having the same customization it would be a lot easier to refer the same custom part instead of adding it each time when you add the product...

Thanks...! Any helps Please