How do I setup combination shipping (step by step) and force max items per box

A sample order:

- 1 piano roll will fit in a Medium Flat Rate Box

- 2 manuals (will also fit in that box)

So, I just want to send one Med Flat Rate box

Also:

Each Med Flat Rate box will fit a max of 5 piano rolls - so 6-10 will need two boxes; and so on - I need to ba able to set a max item per box.

Thanks, Duaine

I'm only new to prestashop, but I have a similar situation with my candles, so many items fit into a small box, more into a medium etc., So I have set up different shipping methods according to weight (not price) - as I know what weight each box will take. So I have carriers set for up to 0 - 500grm, 500gr - 3kg and then for 3-15kg... so for my method, I need to add a weight for each product and once an order reaches a certain weight, then that carrier/shipping method kicks in. So far this works and shows correctly in the cart on simple testing as I'm not that advanced into setting up the total shop as yet :)

Would this method work for you?

I know that some shipping modules allow size settings.

My Presto-Changeo USPS Module ships by item size or weight and has a multi-box mode. Box sizes can be set up. It figures the boxes on item size, weight, or max items per box. You can set a weight limit per box also. You can add in fixed fees for a certain country or service type. Paid modules have their benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this module also do provisions for Flat Rate Boxes (US and International) ?

Yes the Pesto-Changeo USPS module covers flat rate boxes and letters. International included. You just set up a carrier for small flat rate boxes or what ever. Each service needs a carrier, First-Class, Priority, Priority Flat Rate small, medium, large. Express envelope etc.. You then set the price or weight ranges and you can assign carriers to products like normal. I find the weight based calculation still the best for what I sell. Easy to set up, adding $1.00 to the calculation usually keeps Priority rates very accurate, its hard to figure the packaging weight of every combination, so $1.00 added to the postage keeps it very close to actual.