hello

is there any chance to test your website ? If so, please share the url

I figured it out on getting multiple images on the same line. You have to change two things in the blockadvmulti.css file

line 1 div.blockadvmulti {

add a

width: ****px;

Make it wide enough to fit the images you want on one line. I made mine 1000px to be able to add 10px padding between 3 images and match up with the 980px

Line 43 p.advmulti4 img which controls the HOME banners using phpmadman's version of the module

change

display: block to display: inline

and then add a

float: left

to get images on the same line

Edited by JANDSCLOTHINGCO (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I figured it out on getting multiple images on the same line. You have to change two things in the blockadvmulti.css file line 1 div.blockadvmulti { add a
width: ****px;

Make it wide enough to fit the images you want on one line. I made mine 1000px to be able to add 10px padding between 3 images and match up with the 980px Line 43 p.advmulti4 img which controls the HOME banners using phpmadman's version of the module change

display: block to display: inline

and then add a

float: left

to get images on the same line

Hi good that you solved it by yourself.

In the next version I allready have fixed an option to make them display side by side, currently only implented for Top, but I will probarly add it do Home also.

I'm still strugeling with getting rotating images centred in top. I managed to make a fix so it dosen't overlap the page itself, but it's still on the left.

We are just getting started with PrestaShop & this is my first attempt to download a module. I downloaded the zip files & extracted them. When I go to Modules/add a module from my computer, which file do I choose to upload? I am used to an exe file & don't see one. Thanks.

you have to upload downloaded .zip file, you don't have to extract it on your hdd etc.

HI

I have version 10.2, but still the error

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/joserui/public_html/modules/blockadvertmulti/blockadvertmulti.php on line 314
in /home/joserui/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1845

it's not ERROR, it's a warning. Moreover, it is not from PHP but from your prestashop core. It mean that module mentioned in the message aren't fully compatibile with new prestashop - but it will work.

you can hide these uncompability mesagges in file: config/defines.inc.php

you've got there:

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', true);

change it to

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);

Great mod!!

I have a real stupid question and I'm still staring at my screen... how does the 'rotate' feature works? I assume you need to have 2 or 3 banners in the top block to let them rotate and check the 'rotate' boxes. My images just appear below each other.... no rotating if I refreash the page.

Great mod!!

I have a real stupid question and I'm still staring at my screen... how does the 'rotate' feature works? I assume you need to have 2 or 3 banners in the top block to let them rotate and check the 'rotate' boxes. My images just appear below each other.... no rotating if I refreash the page.

it looks like issue with css styles / js scripts

are you able to share url to your website? it will be much easier to say what's going on there

it looks like issue with css styles / js scripts

are you able to share url to your website? it will be much easier to say what's going on there

It seems to me I had the older version. The newer one rotates and works great except it floats over the 'Featured Products' at the top of the page. Won't be able to post a link beacuse I have to remove the banner :(

Hi,

I tried to use this module but I encountered some problems on PS 1.5.4.1.

While deleting this module, I had this error "Unknown table 'fsps_blockadvertmulti'".

I encountered the same warning with addCSS message. The hookHeader() method should be updated. Just replace "Tools::" by "$this->context->controller->" (lines: 314, 316) 

It is an interesting module but it misses some features like support of multilanguage. It should be a nice feature to select an image for a language and another image for another language because sometimes the images contains text which need to match with the correct displayed language.

Regards

• Like 1

Thank you for this nice Module,

Has anyone found the fix for when you have more than one image in rotation that it displays floating on top of the next module in the column and it does not matter what size a put the image at ??

Could anyone help please, please view image below or click the link:

http://bit.ly/1e2PiyM

(Fixed) more or less

Images are 193 x 130 and all works OK, is there anyway to make the Pic´s longer with out then going over the next module ??

post-123199-0-83155200-1381097455_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlmeraGTI (see edit history)

i checked your website and your menu isn't behind the adverts

yLlvRrH.png

Another question:

I would test it in my official site and i get this issue

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module blockadvertmulti:
Call to undefined function checkImage()

Can somebody help?

thx for your answer but this doesn´t helped :(

i look in this file and it stands 1 on 1 how you it write.

Another ideas?

I have prestashop 1.5.4.0

Try to add a clearfix class to the block.

In the tpl file, you should have div class="blockadvmulti". Try to add clearfix: div class="blockadvmulti clearfix"

i can confirm that it works now, i checked your website in several browsers and now it works well :)

nice catch titchagcreation!

I would like to display the banner that is seen here:

http://www.tridea.dreamhosters.com/prestashop/    - hanf-natur canalade (the big white picture below navigation)

In the module options I have selected top of the page. How can I change this position? I have searched everywhere and have no idea where to edit the code to position this advertisement elsewhere.

I want to display on the right to the logo in the header. What part of code do I need to edit? Prestashop has got me confused with all the files and I can't seem to find what I need to change, been looking at it for a couple of hours.

The module installed without any problem (v0.10.2), but I'm not able to add banners.
No options under "General Configuration", and "Add new banner" does nothing.
I've tried changing the permissions of the files / directories to 777, did not solve the problem.

I am running Presta 1.4.8.2

post-300684-0-53633500-1383828777_thumb.jpg

Solved: Old version works for me!

Edited by emanuelt (see edit history)

hello

nice job! installed and worked correctly on presta 1.5.4.

My question: is there any way to set images in a horizontal row in home position?

for some reason, when i set the banners to function as sliders they enlarge and occupy almost the whole screen (while more than 1 is selected to do so in the same stack)

Edited by kakalxlax (see edit history)

for some reason, when i set the banners to function as sliders they enlarge and occupy almost the whole screen (while more than 1 is selected to do so in the same stack)

"solved"  it by manually changing the image size to 1,8cm x 1,8cm

another question, is it possible to have, for example, 2 or more stacks of sliding pictures at the left ?

Firstly I would like to say this is a great module and thank you very much for releasing it for free!

Are there any plans for making it multistore compatible? I've seen someone on here say it is but when I've tried to have different banners on different stores, it doesn't work... unless I'm missing something?

Hi,

Nice module! Tested and working with ps 1.5.6.0

Does anybody know solution, is there is possibility to show banner on left column in selected category or categories?

I mean each banner to show only in choosen categories.

problem with addcss deprecated.

this module uses old deprecated function addcss()

in new prestashop (1.5) it's necessary to use context object to include css files.

$this->context->controller->addCSS(($this->_path).'MODULE_CSS_FILE_HERE.css');
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Now available for download the new module for Prestashop "blockadvertmulti v0.10" that incorporates improvements over my previous module "bannermanager v0.9.1".

Blockadvertmulti development will continue to improve with the help of the community.

Changelog for Blockadvertmulti v0.10:

Added Features:
[+] BO/FO: Images in Top position
[+] BO/FO: Images in Footer position
[+] FO: One image rotator per position
Improved/changed features:
[*] BO: Treating load JS / CSS
[*] BO: Properly use the DB methods
Fixed bugs:
[-] BO: Changing the name of the module to prevent the action of adBlock
Regards

attachicon.gifblockadvertmulti_v0_10_1.zip - zip installation fix

Really nice,

As in older version there was error in sorting order. Is this particular error resolved?

Hi this is a very nice module. But is it possible to change the position left and right to the outside like an banner on the background. on the outside of the mainpage. 

thanks 

outlet

Prestashop 1.5.6.1 (Translated with Google)

First of all, thank you very much for this excellent module. It is very useful.
In my tests something is not working properly, or have bad post, so I prefer to ask.

I put a rotating banner on featured products and works, but is mounted on these products, which does not happen when it's just an image. Deputy catch the problem.
It is normal operation, or is wrongly configured?

Thank you very much.. :)

post-726082-0-01799900-1388032286_thumb.jpg

post-726082-0-17077800-1388032317_thumb.jpg

Prestashop 1.5.6.1 (Translated with Google)

First of all, thank you very much for this excellent module. It is very useful.

In my tests something is not working properly, or have bad post, so I prefer to ask.

I put a rotating banner on featured products and works, but is mounted on these products, which does not happen when it's just an image. Deputy catch the problem.

It is normal operation, or is wrongly configured?

Thank you very much.. :)

Hello David, Can i have link of your site??

Hello David, Can i have link of your site??

(Translated with Google)

Course. He had taken pictures, but put it back to see the effect. They are just test images, the site also.

Any of the 2 test images display correctly if single and static.

test Store

Edited by David Venegas (see edit history)

(Translated with Google)

Course. He had taken pictures, but put it back to see the effect. They are just test images, the site also.

Any of the 2 test images display correctly if single and static.

test Store

Hi David,

Go to modules/blockadvertmulti/css/ and edit file blockadvertmulti.css and add below code at last that's it .... Enjoy..

.innerfade{height: 322px;}

Hi David,

Go to modules/blockadvertmulti/css/ and edit file blockadvertmulti.css and add below code at last that's it .... Enjoy..

div.blockadvmulti {

height: auto;

}

p.advmulti img {

display:block;

margin:0 auto;

width:auto;

margin-bottom:10px;

}

(Translated with google)

Greetings. I added the code and I was like I show above. But no change is made. Sorry

(Translated with google)

Greetings. I added the code and I was like I show above. But no change is made. Sorry

Hello David,

Use below code instead of previous one..

.innerfade{height: 322px!important;}

Hello David,

Use below code instead of previous one..

.innerfade{height: 322px!important;}

Perfect, thank you very much :)

(Translated with Google)

A query. You can use this module instead of the static image of the categories??

Hi all,

Now available for download the new module for Prestashop "blockadvertmulti v0.10" that incorporates improvements over my previous module "bannermanager v0.9.1".

Blockadvertmulti development will continue to improve with the help of the community.

Changelog for Blockadvertmulti v0.10:

Added Features:
[+] BO/FO: Images in Top position
[+] BO/FO: Images in Footer position
[+] FO: One image rotator per position
Improved/changed features:
[*] BO: Treating load JS / CSS
[*] BO: Properly use the DB methods
Fixed bugs:
[-] BO: Changing the name of the module to prevent the action of adBlock
Regards

attachicon.gifblockadvertmulti_v0_10_1.zip - zip installation fix

Hi,

can i ask how do i change the transition time of the adverts?

Kindest Regards

LP

dear developer,  

Best Wishes for 2014,  Thank you very much for your free module.

After installation of the module on PS 1.5.4.1 we get warning in front (debug on):

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/modules/blockadvertmulti/blockadvertmulti.php on line 260
in /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1845 

Any change this is related to this module?

Thx,

Peter

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/modules/blockadvertmulti/blockadvertmulti.php on line 260
in /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1845 

this message means that blockadvertmulti uses old method to attach css files to page <header> section.

turn off error reporting and you will not see this message anymore (it's not issue or bug, it's only information from prestashop core that this module uses old method of attaching css files)

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. In fact we trying to solve problem after upgrading from PS 1.5.4.1 to PS 1.5.6.1.  We cannot add product to shopping cart anymore. Testing for for days trying to solve this problem. Tried many suggestions from the forum.. :(.

Peter

i can check what's going on, 

is your website online now?

Heya Vekia,

thank you for offering your help. :)
Just did have put website back on line.

www.derks-wielersport.nl

checked it and it... works!

Arh70SA.png

i added product to cart without any problem

eKNYWKN.png

Yes, works again.  

Observations, weird process. Tried many suggestions from fora to resolve this issue. Wrote down what I did in what order:

disabled / checked / enabled third party modules on-by-one (problem stayed).
Ajax cart on (save) > off (save) (problem stayed) 
Regenerated .htaccess, (problem stayed)
manual emptied all cache postions, (problem stayed)
Apache security mode off > on > off, (problem stayed)
domain/SSL domain www.xxx   >  .xxx > www.xxx, (problem stayed)
Apache optimalisation on > off > on (problem stayed)
CCC all enabled > disabled (save) > enabled (save)

Restored full backup (files + SQL) from PS 1.5.4.1. Regenerated .hataccess, cart worked O.K. again.
Restored SQL only availble from PS 1.5.6.1., cart kept working!  

Expected site to be on PS 1.5.4.1, but  surprise, PS then reported X files (can't recall which files)  were updated and the site was on 1.5.6.1, cart problem gone. euhh?! :)  (I'm happy again), sorry that I can't help further.

Now PS BO via adds-on account reports there are updates for some modules. Update is not implemented through add-on link, although PS reports that module is updated. Continue to show that there is update  available.

We contacted the module suppliers, just  received update by mail for one of the modules, to be installed as 'new' module.  Installation of this module ran O.K.  Could be there is bug in updating modules via adds-on account. 

I reported bugs via bug tracker, will close them there.

Have a nice weekend

Hi

Great Module, thanks.

I have 2 doubts:

1. is there any way to make this to work inside each product page? I read that was possible to duplicate the module and hook it, is this correct?

2. i need to have some space above for the top banner, how can i do it? (you can see it here 

Hi, 

I'm using this module to display one banner in the right column of our PS store: www.dekom.co.rs

I was wondering how can I add some thin frame around the module space like there is such on Vekia facebook social plugin module below?

If there is no such feature maybe I can make this post a feature request  :) 

Thanks
Dean

somewhere in global css use this:

.advmulti {border:1px solid black; margin-bottom:20px;}
.advmulti img {width:200px!important;}

effect:
Er5e0w4.png

hope that this is what you're looking for

• Like 1

global.css file of your theme, but i suppose that if you paste it to module css files, it will work too

• Like 1

Hello

I am using v: 1.5.5, and I would like to use it to create an internal link, so question is if it's possible. In particular:

How do I manage the translation, so to get: www.mysite.com/en/targetpage and www.mysite/fr/targetpage

Is there any dynamic way of doing it ? I would like to link it to a category.

thx for your help!

Edited by mfermo (see edit history)

(it's the Saint Valentin banner on the left column)

i don't see there any banner like that

i see only this:

eJa6SsG.png

i don't see there any banner like that

i see only this:

eJa6SsG.png

Hi Vekia,

thx...indeed it's gone. I changed the question but you were too fast ;-)

In order to use it (now that I know I can come back...) I would like to put internal link (for clustering some products under a category for Saint Valentin), so that customer can see and click and go to this list.

The problem is that I don't know how to write the link (the site is in 2 languages) so I can't put a single link.

Great, good module, thanks !

I want to display someone banner on one link, example display it index.php?controller=order-confirmation page, then How can I customize code?

Thanks for your suggestion.

hello,

It's very good but it's responsive?

can we check clicks on banner?

Hi,

thanks for this module. Is there anyway to make it work with 2 different languages and/or 2 different stores?

I mean, have 2 different descriptions for the same image : one in french, one in english (for example) because my shop propose both languages.

Thanks

hello, in blockadvertmulti_0.10.2 version has a bug, can solve? see attached images.

backoffice prestashop v1.4.10

Greetings

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62677780/F%C3%B3runs/Anexos/Prestashop/blockadvertmulti_0.10.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62677780/F%C3%B3runs/Anexos/Prestashop/blockadvertmulti_0.10.2.jpg

Edited by Speed2010 (see edit history)

Does module run on 1.6 ?

Hello;

I just install the version 1.6.0.6 and it works perfectly.

Sorry for my English, I use the Google translator.

turn on error reporting

then instead of blank page you will see detailed information about what and where doesnt work.

Where is it? error reporting?

turn on error reporting

then instead of blank page you will see detailed information about what and where doesnt work.

It worked in v 1.6 but It didn't display properly when I tried & also gave some warning messages. so I think its not 100% compatible with version 1.6.

hello, does anyone know if it works in prestashop 1.6x?