HELP! Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

Ok I am not sure what I did b/c I have done a lot tonight lol.

Here is what I was doing when this happened.

First of all I was trying to increase the file size upload limit for virtual products.

I got this working after a lot of php.ini changes and setting the size in admin pref.

I also changed "accessories" naming in the english lang file.

When it happened first. Once I got the upload file size increased and working. I went in and change the price of one of the products to $0 to test. Once I did this. I went back out to the main store and tried to add it to the cart. Then I got this error:

Impossible to add the product to the cart,

testStatus: 'parsererror'

errorThrown: 'SyntaxError: Unexpected token <' responseText:

So I figured something got messed up somewhere. So I logged out. Once I logged out I couldn't log back in in the front office. It just reloads the page. No error, nothing.

Then I dumped my cache. This logged me out of the admin panel. Now I get this error when trying to login there:

Details: Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

And when trying to add a new customer I get this error:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to load form.

Details:

Error thrown: [object Object]

text status: parsererror

I have searched all over the place and have tried everything I have read. Nothing has worked so far. HELP!

Edited by mdunnam (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I receive the same error message when I try to increase the number of products in my cart past the set carrier weight ranges when the following settings are true:

Shipping > Carriers > Out-of-range behavior: Disable Carrier

If I change the out-of-range behavior setting to "Apply the cost of the highest defined range" then the error does not occur.

Anyone else reporting the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I receive the same error message when I try to increase the number of products in my cart past the set carrier weight ranges when the following settings are true:

Shipping > Carriers > Out-of-range behavior: Disable Carrier

If I change the out-of-range behavior setting to "Apply the cost of the highest defined range" then the error does not occur.

Anyone else reporting the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

please let me know if u already fix this problem, i'm also have same trouble with this. i don't why?

i do upgrade from ps 1.5.4 - 1.5.6 with autoupgrade, with manual prestashop.zip to local archive.

post-374708-0-86715100-1384420771_thumb.png

Edited by Bejo (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Same, have all of a sudden gotten this error:

testStatus: 'parsererror'
errorThrown: 'SyntaxError: Unexpected token 1' responseText:

The problem does not seem to have been solved above? any solutions? My website is now under maintenance and we are loosing sales. 
I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same error.

here the message in the chrome Konsole:

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery-1.7.2.min.js:3
body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode. jquery-1.7.2.min.js:4
body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode.

Same error here, when I try to remove a discount through cart block, in cart summary page.

Firebug console shows this POST:

controller $order_process?deleteDiscount=1?rand=1391278087032

related to line 4 of jquery-1.7.2.min.js

If I am in home page and delete a discount through cart block, the error doesn't show up, the discount is removed from the block cart, BUT if I go to cart summary, the discount is still there!!

So... Removing discounts through block cart is not working...

Edited by ilovekutchi.com (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have just installed a new Prestashop (1.5.6.2). With the default theme, and without any change or modification (I already have the demo products), when in SEO options I activate friendly urls (with mod_rewrite active), the friendly url works fine, but always a page is loaded, I have the same problem:

TECHNICAL ERROR: 

Details:

When I turn friendly urls off, the problem disappears. I can't figure the relationship between friendly URLs and javascript, nor what to modify to fix it.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have just installed a new Prestashop (1.5.6.2). With the default theme, and without any change or modification (I already have the demo products), when in SEO options I activate friendly urls (with mod_rewrite active), the friendly url works fine, but always a page is loaded, I have the same problem:

TECHNICAL ERROR: 

Details:

When I turn friendly urls off, the problem disappears. I can't figure the relationship between friendly URLs and javascript, nor what to modify to fix it.

Hello to all,

This is my first post in these forums and I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to the many contributors who have unknowingly assisted me over the past couple months as I work on my first PrestaShop project.

Like darnux, I've been having this issue with friendly urls: turned off, my site works perfectly; turned on, each page loads correctly but I get the popup error message as above. It had been driving me crazy!!!

After much reading and trial and error I figured out what was causing the error on my site. Currently I have a live site running PrestaShop v1.3. I have two domains related to the store - a .com and a .co.nz  The live site is on one webhost and directly linked to the .co.nz domain. At another hosting company I have the .com domain redirecting via an index.html page using meta refresh to the .co.nz site.

A couple months back, I decided to upgrade to the then latest version of Prestashop (1.5.6.1). I plan to use the .com domain as the main one with the .co.nz domain being redirected. Anyway, not wanting to mess with the live .co.nz site. I backed up and move the old site to the folder for the .com domain and starting my upgrades there. That's where I've been having the issue when the friendly urls are turned on.

It seems that the redirection in my index.html file was causing that parsererror. When I removed the index.html file the error disappeared, when I put the file back the error returned. Now I know the source of/solution to MY friendly url problem. I've turned off friendly urls for now and left the index.html file in place until I'm ready to make the site live.

Hope this can be of help to someone else. :)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hello to all,

This is my first post in these forums and I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to the many contributors who have unknowingly assisted me over the past couple months as I work on my first PrestaShop project.

Like darnux, I've been having this issue with friendly urls: turned off, my site works perfectly; turned on, each page loads correctly but I get the popup error message as above. It had been driving me crazy!!!

After much reading and trial and error I figured out what was causing the error on my site. Currently I have a live site running PrestaShop v1.3. I have two domains related to the store - a .com and a .co.nz  The live site is on one webhost and directly linked to the .co.nz domain. At another hosting company I have the .com domain redirecting via an index.html page using meta refresh to the .co.nz site.

A couple months back, I decided to upgrade to the then latest version of Prestashop (1.5.6.1). I plan to use the .com domain as the main one with the .co.nz domain being redirected. Anyway, not wanting to mess with the live .co.nz site. I backed up and move the old site to the folder for the .com domain and starting my upgrades there. That's where I've been having the issue when the friendly urls are turned on.

It seems that the redirection in my index.html file was causing that parsererror. When I removed the index.html file the error disappeared, when I put the file back the error returned. Now I know the source of/solution to MY friendly url problem. I've turned off friendly urls for now and left the index.html file in place until I'm ready to make the site live.

Hope this can be of help to someone else. :)

Thank you for your comments! 

The proyect where I had the problem was cancelled, so I didn't go deeper. But there were redirections involved too.

Good to know for future projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes the cause of a problem is in another place than where you are looking. I had the same message when adding a carrier.

TECHNICAL ERROR: 

Details:

Found out I cannot use a equals sign (=) in the field where you fill in the description for the delay. Replacing the equals sign with a minus sign (−) solved my problem.

God ways are mysterious, so are Prestashop ways.

• 4 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem with one of my sites NSFW, http://www.cutenkinky.com but not two others. Running 1.6.0.8 and the site would not allow anyone to add items to the cart. Other two sites were working just fine. Upgraded to 1.6.0.9 and it fixed the problem, for a day. Now it's back and I am out of business right before Christmas. ARGH! I have read everything here, looked for every fix and they do not apply to v1.6 apparently.

This is a huge problem. I do have parked domains on this site but I have parked domains on the other two site and they work just fine.

Any help, PLEASE! Have tried error console and all that. I don't see anything

Impossible to add the product to the cart.
textStatus: 'error'
errorThrown: ''
responseText:

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

I found a solution. At least it worked for my client shop.

In FrontController i changed this code:

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : ''),

to this code:

'base_uri' => $protocol_content.Tools::getHttpHost().__PS_BASE_URI__.(!Configuration::get('PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS') ? 'index.php' : '').$this->context->language->iso_code.'/',

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Can any one please help me I am not able to add any products to cart on my website www.kiranadukaan.in 

I get the following message:

Impossible to add the product to the cart.
textStatus: 'parsererror'
errorThrown: 'SyntaxError: Unexpected token <'
responseText:
{"products":[],"discounts":[],"shippingCost":"0 Rs","shippingCostFloat":0,"wrappingCost":"0 Rs","nbTotalProducts":0,"total":"0 Rs","productTotal":"0 Rs","freeShipping":"1,500 Rs","freeShippingFloat":1500,"hasError":false}

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I've tried multiple proposition to solve it but anything work.

When i try to read the code and find some error about translation, I found anything.

I'd like to give my website link in private message if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Pyssou