Yotpo

[Free Module] Product Reviews - Dramatically increase your reviews

Hi!

thankyou for this module! it seems to be very helpful :)

I have a question about it, how can I put product reviews on the left column (home) of my ecommerce?

cheers

Who is it for me to install this module ؟؟؟

i install , config and no working in my shop ! ps 1.5.4

i need this plugin for under product detail comment

plz help me ...

thx my friend ....

Who is it for me to install this module ؟؟؟

i install , config and no working in my shop ! ps 1.5.4

i need this plugin for under product detail comment

plz help me ...

thx my friend ....

I just did the yotpo installation for you at your shop like you wanted :)

• Like 1

I just did the yotpo installation for you at your shop like you wanted :)

Very Very THX MY BRO

U Best Kevin ...

why can not I get the embed code and yotpo review does not work in my store ?

Please help Me

im prestasho 1.6 11

To zolijared :

Hello,

You must use Yotpo embedded widget html code, you can find it in your Yotpo dashboard :)

Here's a guide on that widget http://blog.yotpo.com/2014/03/13/embedded-widget-complete-guide/

You can use Vekia free htmlbox to add the code on your left column https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/246765-free-html-block-module/ :)

Premium Yotpo plan is needed for embedded widget.

To zolijared :

Premium Yotpo plan is needed for embedded widget.

thanks brother

honest . I hope I can make yotpo review was on the side of the page Store I

I may not maybe I can buy with that money ..

I store the new I create predictably difficult and all are free

www.murahbingits.com

Hi,

I'm using your awesome module, it works fine but i like to add the last 5 or 10 review on homepage.

I modified index.html adding this lines ( as suggested : https://support.yotpo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204101446-How-to-add-Yotpo-Reviews-to-a-dedicated-page-in-Prestashop ) :

<script>
var yotpo_app_key = "***MY APP_KEY HERE***";
</script>
<div id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'
data-lang="{$yotpoLanguage|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"></div>

But nothing is showed.

Can you help me !

Regards,

Amar

Hello Amar,

You must use Yotpo embedded widget html code, you can find it in your Yotpo dashboard, it is a premium feature :)

Here's a guide on that widget http://blog.yotpo.com/2014/03/13/embedded-widget-complete-guide/

You can use Vekia free htmlbox to add the code on your left column https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/246765-free-html-block-module/ :)

Hi,

I've installed the latest Yotpo module and having a few problems with the Reviews tab displaying.

Take a look at this product that has a review:-

http://www.bbqs2u.co.uk/home/344-weber-q1200-bbq-stand-mega-bundle-51010374.html

If you hover the mouse over the 'product reviews' tab you'll see there seems to be TWO tabs above each other.  Clicking the top tab display the Yotpo info.  Not sure why this is happening.

Note i'm using a module to display my tabs like the old version of PS called "Responsive Product Tabs & Accordion".

I'm using PS 1.6.1.1, does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi, I guess it is because of your tab module :(

I think it is better for you if you choose " page footer " instead of " tab " in Yotpo module configuration.

That way your customers see the reviews directly under the product description, better than in a tab in my opinion ;)

I Dont Have Credit card .

how so that I could get a premium ?? I own a new build my website for free :(

www.sepatucoris.com

Hi

I find YotPo pretty good overally but i just don t understand why i should pay 699 US$ just to be able to comment on people reviews. It s a ridiculous pricing. My business just cannot afford it. 

Any alternative or workaround?

Hi,

Sorry for my english. I have a problem with this options of module. In the product.tpl adding the code: 

<div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">
<span itemprop="ratingValue">{hook h="yotpoProductAverageScore" product_id=$product->id}</span>
    <span itemprop="ratingCount">{hook h="yotpoProductReviewCount" product_id=$product->id}</span>
</div> 

But the structured data testing tool i had the error of the raitingvalue because is empty. The ratingCount is correct but the ratingValue not.

• aggregateRating [AggregateRating]:
  • ratingCount:
  • El campo ratingValue no puede estar vacío.

Thanks for all.

Hello,

There must be a mistake in your tpl code, I can only see ratingValue in your source code but no ratingCount.

Did you validate rich snippets in your yotpo account AND prestashop module configuration ?

Your code looks right, I use the same :

<div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">

<span itemprop="ratingValue">{hook h="yotpoProductAverageScore" product_id=$product->id}</span>
        <span itemprop="ratingCount">{hook h="yotpoProductReviewCount" product_id=$product->id}</span>

</div>

Hi,

I'm using your awesome module, it works fine but i like to add the last 5 or 10 review on homepage.

I modified index.html adding this lines ( as suggested : https://support.yotpo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204101446-How-to-add-Yotpo-Reviews-to-a-dedicated-page-in-Prestashop ) :

<script>

var yotpo_app_key = "***MY APP_KEY HERE***";

</script>

<div id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'

data-lang="{$yotpoLanguage|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"></div>

But nothing is showed.

Can you help me !

Regards,

Amar

That should work, is not a premium feature.

The problems with that code at the moment are 2:

1) The data-lang is not recognized by yotpo, it always retrieves the lang from the account...so it's useless.

2) Even if on control panel you set eg. 5 reviews per page, with yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab you're forced to see at least 10 reviews per page

p.s.: index.html ? So, an external page? On a generic page (.html) you need to use another code

https://support.yotpo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204100946-How-to-add-testimonials-on-a-dedicated-page-on-a-generic-site

I sent a ticket to yotpo, we'll see what they do...

bye for now

Edited by mmsh (see edit history)

Hello,

There must be a mistake in your tpl code, I can only see ratingValue in your source code but no ratingCount.

Did you validate rich snippets in your yotpo account AND prestashop module configuration ?

Your code looks right, I use the same :

</div>

Yes, I validated rich snippets in the two sites but It's don't work. Can you think of anything else that could be? My version of prestashop is 1.5.4.1

Thanks.

Humm very weird, I use the same PS version as you 1.5.4.1 and no problem at all.

I suppose you use last Yotpo module version 1.4.3 ?

Humm very weird, I use the same PS version as you 1.5.4.1 and no problem at all.

I suppose you use last Yotpo module version 1.4.3 ?

Yes i used version 1.4.3

Can you send me your product.tpl file in private message ? I will try it on my own website and see if that works on my side.

How is possible to have the subcategory images big same as that website ? Where i can edit the size of the subcategory images ?

In what file ?

Thanks

hi yotpo team

i installed the yotpo for my store version 1.4.11 and have enabled it but its not showing the widget. the review tab is there but the widget is not there. any idea

Hi dorje,

You must use Yotpo embedded widget html code, you can find it in your Yotpo dashboard, it is a premium feature :)

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

hello Kevin

how do i allow to place reviews for just who bought the product. bcz peoples are asking questions instead of write a review. im really bored to answer to them. :D

Regards

Matt

Hello ps3z,

Please forgive my late answer, I was sooo busy since a week ;)

I am not sure to correctly understand if your customers ask questions in the product review or if they use only the question part of the widget.

I'll help you in both case  :P  :

=> Everybody can write a review, you can't force only product buyers to do so.

But you can untick auto-publish review ( see attachment ), so if there is question instead of a review, just don't publish it and answer privately to the customer with the email you see in Yotpo dashboard :)

=> If you are bored with too many questions, simply disable the question part of the widget ( see other attachment ) ;)

post-603134-0-16025400-1453418419_thumb.jpg

post-603134-0-51944500-1453418534_thumb.jpg

Hello :)

The code given in Yotpo tutorial isn't 100% accurate, please use this one :

<div id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'> </div>

It should works like a charm ;)

Thanks KevinNash. I tried that too but nothing changed. In fact when I entered that into the source code, it was automatically changed to the original <div id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'></div> that I tried befoe

Yes, that's normal, you add that code in an empty cms page ( in html ) :

<div id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'> </div>

After saving it must become :

<div id="yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab"> </div>

If that doesn't work,you can give me your dashboard access by PM, I can take a look if you want :)

Thanks a lot, PM sent. I tried that and it also didn't work. Hopefully you can find what is wrong.

Hi,

I don't see any picture when I click on the link.

Can you attach the picture to a post here ?

Hello ps3z,

Please forgive my late answer, I was sooo busy since a week ;)

I am not sure to correctly understand if your customers ask questions in the product review or if they use only the question part of the widget.

I'll help you in both case  :P  :

=> Everybody can write a review, you can't force only product buyers to do so.

But you can untick auto-publish review ( see attachment ), so if there is question instead of a review, just don't publish it and answer privately to the customer with the email you see in Yotpo dashboard :)

=> If you are bored with too many questions, simply disable the question part of the widget ( see other attachment ) ;)

its ok :D  my customers are asking question from review sections. they dont know the use review system.  i just would to get reviews who bought my products already. 

Yotpo, will this module check each customer's purchases and if they have NOT made a review, come back in and create that review? We have a customer who ran a CRE Loaded / osCommerce cart and converted to PrestaShop with over 4k customers in history. Many products that did not get a review.

Previous Purchases

Hello,

You can achieve this :

After module installation on Prestashop, you can choose to submit past orders.

In Yotpo dashboard you can pick " least reviewed product " so mail after purchase will go on products with 0 review :)

I attach screen with the options you msut choose to this post

post-603134-0-04289500-1454954070_thumb.jpg

post-603134-0-56216600-1454954077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Multiple Products

What happens when a customer makes a purchase for several products? Many emails?

2nd question, can I continue to use the schema review markup from the theme and populate the database record for recorded reviews?

3rd question, Is the widget required on the theme pages?

1 => Mail after purchase ask for 1 product review, more would be too boting for customers. Of course the customer is free to give other products reviews if he wants to.

2 => Yes you can.

3 => Not sure to understand clearly but the widget isn't a mandatory, you can use it or not, as you want :)

• Like 1

You can't remove that text in the free version.

I think you can hide it on Yotpo premium because you have access to full widget css on premium.

I am on premium and modified mine a lot with success but I let that review number, I like it :)

You can't remove that text in the free version.

I think you can hide it on Yotpo premium because you have access to full widget css on premium.

I am on premium and modified mine a lot with success but I let that review number, I like it :)

im using premium version,may i see your website please

Hi my site won't help you I haven't xhanged that review number.

You must find the css related to this reviews text and use Yotpo premium css editor to remove it :)

hi team

the write a review lis not working in products page. i have enabled in the right block and its showing there but when in click on it doesn't go to the reviews tabs to write the review. but when i m on the review tab it goes over there to write a review. 

its just that wherever we are except the reviews tabs it doesnt work, its just works when we are active on the reviews tab.

can u tell me how to solve it

using 1.5.4.1 and theme megashop

yotpo version also latest

Hello,

That is normal behavior, the purpose of the review widget in the column is t oread reviews not to write them.

You must be in the reviews tab to write a review.

Personnaly I prefer to show reviews in the product footer instead of a tab, that is more visible to customers, you can choose this option in the Prestashop module settings :)

@KevinNash thansk for the repy

actually i wanted to make the column review widget calculable so that if a customers wants to write a review then he or she can be redirected to the reviews tabs to write. 

do you know how it make it like that ?

Hello, you are welcome :)

You can't do that with the review widget, his purpose is to show reviews and redirect customer to the product page when they click on it and buy the product.

Don't forget that the purpose of reviews is not to have more reviews but to have more sales ;)

I see you also use the review tab so your customers can use the tab to put a review when they want :)

hi yotpo team

just want to know that does your seo ticks even work or not

i have enabled the feature have created the minisite and its getting indexed by google too but i cant see any product reviews on google search not its is showing the product rating as well. So what does the seo tricks features does exactly. i dont see any kind of benefit by that feature or trick.

2nd thing

to show the product star review on google search , do i  have to buy that plan or it can be shown just the implenting and enabling the feature both in pretsshop and yotpo .

I have many goods reviews and  i really want to show my product reviews on serp but the pricing plan is too expensive for small business < starter pack > as my site is a small site.

so can i just show reviews  without buying any plans 

Also to show the reviwes do i have to implement this code

</div>

manually even after installing the latest yotpo module. 

- minisite is now obsolete so Seo Trick doesn't have any effect anymore, if you try to add the minisite in Google Search Console it won't work.

I don't know why we still see the option in our dashboards, here's the official answer from Yotpo " Due to the latest changes in the content indexing infrastructure , the minisite feature is now obsolete and has been discontinued. "

- To have the Rich Snippets function you must have a plan who give you the Rich Snippets option under Google in your Yotpo dashboard and yes you have to implement that code in your product.tpl file

@kevinnash

So we must buy a plan to have rich snippet to show them in the google serps? am i correct ?

But how about installing their code in our theme manually ?

i did so and the rich snippet tool is showing the review markup with no error at all. 

http://www.kathmanduclothing.com/tunics/400-long-printed-tie-dyed-hippie-top-for-women.html

post-381543-0-63330300-1460954818_thumb.png

But for those products which do not have reviews at all , it is showing some erros < no best or worst rating >

post-381543-0-98789000-1460954896_thumb.pngpost-381543-0-99838300-1460954942_thumb.png

So the problem is now for those products which do not have reviews at all they are showing errors ? So what can be done  ?

So any idea about that ?

Hello,

The tpl modification isn't enough to show the yotpo snippets in serps

You must activate the Rich Snippets option under Google in your Yotpo dashboard, if the option isn't there you must switch to a paid plan. Please contact Yotpo sales, they can do a specific plan for you.

I join you a screenshot where the option is visible.

post-603134-0-55398200-1460968954_thumb.jpg

For the products with no reviews, it is normal to have an error message in the Google rich snippets tools because in that case the worst and best rating values are missing.

Hey 

I have enabled  rich snippet feature in every place where it needs to be enabled  < both in yotpo dashboard and store backend > but still no luck. No reviews in serps for reviewed products. 

The error doesnt show in the products which have reviews , it shows only for those which dont have

So i put the best and worst rating too in the tpl but still facing one error instead of two  "Failed to normalize the rating value." 

I guess they rating value also should be in between 1 to 5 point range else it will show error for products which dont have revies at all .

hence it far away from our hand, The yotpo team should do something to fix it soon

You don't have error in the tool when you have reviews so everything is fine for you :)

You can't fake ratings by adding them in the tpl.

Like I said before if you have no ratings the "Failed to normalize the rating value." is normal.

Be aware that Google show snippets in the serps if he wants too, there's no obligation on that point, that's entirely in Google hands.

I don't know how Google decide to show snippets in the serps, I guess it depends on website quality and visitors numbers.

Hello,

I discovered a bug in Yotpo module yesterday :

For those who use the Yotpo tab, when you click on the " read the terms and conditions " on the shipping page, in the order process, an iframe open with the terms.

The bug is that the Yotpo tab is also visible in the iframe so the customer can't read the terms correctly :

post-603134-0-12506100-1461863746_thumb.jpg

To avoid that, in Yotpo module /views/templates/front/header.tpl

Replace everything with this code :

<script type="text/javascript">
       var yotpoAppkey = "{$yotpoAppkey|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" ;
{literal}   
    function inIframe () {
        try {
            return window.self !== window.top;
        } catch (e) {
            return true;
        }
    }
    var inIframe = inIframe();
    if (!inIframe) {
        if (document.addEventListener){
            document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () {
                var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/" + yotpoAppkey  + "/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)
            });
        }
        else if (document.attachEvent) {
            document.attachEvent('DOMContentLoaded',function(){
                var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/" + yotpoAppkey  + "/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)
            });
        }   
    }   
{/literal}  
</script>

And " voilà " ! Yotpo tab is gone in the iframe but still present on the left of the page :)

• Like 1

I ran my pages through Google Webspeed and I got the report that the Yotpo images are a major obstacle. Problem is that Yotpo uses 640x640px images instead of the usual format in my shop.

post-302430-0-72367500-1465107524_thumb.jpgpost-302430-0-07857300-1465107714_thumb.jpg

Is there any solution for this?

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hi musicmaster, nice to see you here :)

I don't use the Yotpo promoted products, personnally I prefer to use the native prestashop function for this.

I did a try for you on my side and the result is different, the original picture on Yotpo is 150x150 and not 640x640.

I was thinking about one thing : do you use the last widget version ? Maybe old versions use a bigger picture size ?

You can update the widget in your Yotpo dashboard under Tools / On-Site / Reviews Widget, at the top of the page you will see the version you use and what is the next version number.

Try to update the widget and see if the picture original size is better after the update :)

Hi Kevin,

Yotpo updates itself, so I was using the latest version. Maybe there is some setting somewhere but I wouldn't know where.

In the meantime it looks like I need to follow your example and disable their promoted products.

B)

Hi,

I learned something today, when using custom Yotpo css like me, the widget doesn't auto-update, I must do it manually.

I didn't see any picture size settings so I really wonder why Yotpo use 640x640 in your case and 150x150 in mine.

Maybe you should try to ask to Yotpo support, they have a really awesome one :)

HI,

I've noticed that email after purchase has links that points to admin language, rather than choosen user language, how can I fix that?

Hi, the header and footer are in the dashboard language.

You can edit the header with the advanced HTML editor function, only the footer with the unsunscribe link can't be edited so it will stay in dashboard language.

Hi, the header and footer are in the dashboard language.

You can edit the header with the advanced HTML editor function, only the footer with the unsunscribe link can't be edited so it will stay in dashboard language.

Hi, thanks for your answer, but the problem is within {product} and {store_name}, they  point to domain/en (language used for admin) instead domain/hr - front end language. Do you maybe now how this can be fixed?

hi team

today i was just configuring my yotpo module and added Authorization accepted from PayPal for mail after purchase. then suddenly the widgets, reviews disappeared . i also added the Embedded Widget but removed it immediately becuase i thought that it created the issue but surprisingly it wasnt

i did reset the module in hope of fixing the issue but it didnt work.

So please hemp me on this. is this issue from yotpo side or it happened in only website.

Also i noticed that yopto is no more in prestashop addons . So is yotpo no longer partner with prestashop., ?

Humm looks to be a local problem, everything is fine on my side.

Did you check if your app key, secret token are still fine in Yotpo module ? Also check your website url in Yotpo dashboard, in the settings part.

Any Users using the free plan? Can anybody give me a review if it works unlimited for free for the features they provide? Also, do these reviews (Collected in the free plan) turn up in rich snippets? I have a PLA campaign going on too, so will they automatically show up in my ads too? 

I've tested the system on my staging site but still not sure whether I should migrate to Yocto or not simply because people have written reviews of it being very expensive over time. Are the free features available for an unlimited period of time?

The free plan is forever free and the reviews are unlimited, including mail after purchase requests :)

For google rich snippets and seller rating, you need the first premium plan, the pro one.

I suggest you to take a look on this page where you compare the plans https://www.yotpo.com/pricings/

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the info! That answers my free plan query! I did look at the page but there's no pricing mentioned there. What is the pro-pricing? And isn't there a way to optimise the reviews coding to make sure it appears on the structured markup testing tool?

Thanks once again!

@kevin

yes everything is added correctly but i cant see my reviews tab in product pages, in home page < left side widget  > and in dedicated reviews page. i dont know what to do all my customers reviews are gone now. and nobody is to help here.not even the yotpo support

i contacted them twice through mail but they didnt reply. usually they used to reply within a day but this time aren't replying

i guess the yotpo team doesnt supports the pretashop any longer. the module doesnt show in the prestashop addon either.

thatswhy they are neglecting the prestashop users. i hope 

post-381543-0-29688100-1469508813_thumb.pngpost-381543-0-15829900-1469508838_thumb.png

Hello,

I recently upgraded my prestashop version and my old testimonial module stopped working, if i install yotpo is there a possibility that i can import those old testimonials as well into yotpo?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Binesh

Hello Binesh,

Yes you can import your old system reviews to Yotpo :)

You must make an import file with the old reviews and submit to Yotpo support, they will import them fast in Yotpo.

Here's the full guide how to do it :

https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/importing-your-reviews-to-yotpo

I worte about three times via support ticket system to Yotpo to contact me since I may want to upgrade the service.

I never got any answers nor they tried to contact me via phone.

This is very annoying since other services like Ekomi and Trusted Shops call me unwanted to sign up their services though I never invited them to do so.

So, Yotpo how can I contact you?

i just installed the lite version of this module but the reviews are not showing on the product page. any guidance how to activate, add or fix this. 

i just have installed the lite version of this module but i'm unable to see any reviews options on my product page. is there any way to add, activate or fix this.

Hello,

In Yotpo module configuration, you must choose where you want Yotpo widget to be displayed.

In my opinion " Page footer " is the best choice :)