Yotpo

[Free Module] Product Reviews - Dramatically increase your reviews

I got one translated, but the "Please verify your review" is still in english, and another question, I upload my shop logo in the configuration, but I don't receive it in the email.

I kindly ask your product manager to reconsider because I think many shopowners agree with me when i say that a product with 100 reviews and 4,9 avarege score will be much more interesting to most customers than a product with 1 review and 5 average score.

I have spoken to him about this and he informed me that we will add more controls in the future.

I got one translated, but the "Please verify your review" is still in english, and another question, I upload my shop logo in the configuration, but I don't receive it in the email.

The translations of Yotpo are handled by our support team so I recommend emailing them (support@yotpo.com) with an explanation of which text you can't translate. The shop logo will appear on the landing page after a customer writes a review. Showing the logo in the email is a premium feature. If you are interested in adding this feature to your store then please mention this in your email to our support.

Special thanks to all our customers from the forum for helping us reach 25k customers, you guys rock!

25k.jpg

Special thanks to all our customers from the forum for helping us reach 25k customers, you guys rock!

25k.jpg

Congratulations guys, now look forward to doubling that number!

btw. hard working guys in the background ;) where the girls!? :P

Congratulations guys, now look forward to doubling that number!

btw. hard working guys in the background ;) where the girls!? :P

Thanks vekia:) The girls are also hard at work just not in the picture. What you see in the picture is only a section of our office in Tel Aviv.

Too bad, I wanted to see the girls not the men ! ( sorry ) :D

Edited by KevinNash

More seriously, " the Reviews Tab " is also shown on mobile devices, it shouldn't, it hides a part on the web page  :( 

hi 

that is nice modules 

haha

but i have little problem

how to modify box witdh??

i want modify box size

please help me 

post-727402-0-90733100-1384416390_thumb.jpg

More seriously, " the Reviews Tab " is also shown on mobile devices, it shouldn't, it hides a part on the web page  :(

Hey Kevin,

Please check out the following guide which should help you with this - http://support.yotpo.com/entries/23417457-Disabling-Testimonials-on-Mobile.

hi 

that is nice modules 

haha

but i have little problem

how to modify box witdh??

i want modify box size

please help me 

Hey mousepen, 

Please check this guide on advanced customization of Yotpo with css - http://support.yotpo.com/entries/21630167-Advanced-Widget-Customization-Using-CSS.

Hey Kevin,

Please check out the following guide which should help you with this - http://support.yotpo.com/entries/23417457-Disabling-Testimonials-on-Mobile.

Hi thank you for the help but I don't use a mobile theme at all.

Zopim chat widget for example adjust itself when it is viewed on a mobile.

No way Yotpo can do the same and automatically disable Review Tab on mobiles devices ?

Hey Kevin,

Hey mousepen, 

Please check this guide on advanced customization of Yotpo with css - http://support.yotpo.com/entries/21630167-Advanced-Widget-Customization-Using-CSS.

what is file name???? please talk to me??

what is file name???? please talk to me??

I'm sorry but we don't know off hand which file is related to your mobile theme. I recommend posting this question in another thread on the forum so a Prestashop admin can help you with this.

Hi

I want place a custom link in product.tpl to open pop up with testimonial reviews. If "Reviews Tab enabled:" is checked in "Reviews Tab" of YOTPO menu then the next code works:

<a data-toggle="modal" id="yotpo_testimonials_btn" href="#yotpoTestimonials" style="color:#005696">SEE BEST COMMENTS</a>
but I don´t know how display this personal link without REVIEWS blue button and If I uncheck the field "Reviews Tab enabled:" then my personal text with link don´t work. 

Do you could say me what js code I need add in product.tpl ??

best regards

Hi

I want place a custom link in product.tpl to open pop up with testimonial reviews. If "Reviews Tab enabled:" is checked in "Reviews Tab" of YOTPO menu then the next code works:

<a data-toggle="modal" id="yotpo_testimonials_btn" href="#yotpoTestimonials" style="color:#005696">SEE BEST COMMENTS</a>
but I don´t know how display this personal link without REVIEWS blue button and If I uncheck the field "Reviews Tab enabled:" then my personal text with link don´t work. 

Do you could say me what js code I need add in product.tpl ??

best regards

Hey seog, thanks for the question but unfortunately we do not support adding a separate link to open the reviews tab and don't recommend modifying the javascript as this may create conflicts and result in Yotpo failing to work as expected.

Solved enabling Reviews Tab enabled:  and adding style with display:none.

regards

Solved enabling Reviews Tab enabled:  and adding style with display:none.

regards

Happy to hear seog:)

All the best with your online business over the holidays. If you need anything else, please let me know. 

Hello, Yotpo 1.3.3 is out, what means " Load yQuery asynchronously " in the changelog, already optimizded ?

Also fo yo uhave some news about upcoming powerful features ? ;)

I have to disable Yotpo Module unfortunately, with Yotpo Enabled my page loading time in Google Analytics is 3X more slower, the page loading time in products or categories with Yotpo enabled pass to 8 seconds instead of 2.5-3 seconds.

Anyone know how to solve it? There is any solution?

I can pay a fee to someone that can help us in this case.

Kind regards,

Hello, Yotpo 1.3.3 is out, what means " Load yQuery asynchronously " in the changelog, already optimizded ?

Also fo yo uhave some news about upcoming powerful features ? ;)

Yes, this means that the Yotpo code is already optimized for speed and performance. Kevin, you are welcome to send an email to sales@yotpo.com explaining your interest in learning more about our premium features.

I have to disable Yotpo Module unfortunately, with Yotpo Enabled my page loading time in Google Analytics is 3X more slower, the page loading time in products or categories with Yotpo enabled pass to 8 seconds instead of 2.5-3 seconds.

Anyone know how to solve it? There is any solution?

I can pay a fee to someone that can help us in this case.

Kind regards,

Hey Rogerio, 

I would very much like our support to investigate this for you because our system should not be affecting your loading time like this. Could you please send an email to support@yotpo.com and explain the issue and show any stats you have on loading time. Our support will need you to reactivate Yotpo on your site in order to investigate but they will explain everything to you.

I would love the function to also send out review request automatic to my customers after 3 days or so.

Someone or somebody that has succeeded to get the yotpo badges implemented on their site translated? There doesn't seem to be a danish translation available to the yotpo badges.

Hi!

We have a problem with the reviews tab. When I choose "Left" or "Right" as a position, the tab does not show on our page. The reason is this:

<div class="yotpo-testimonials yotpo-testimonials-btn" style="-webkit-transform: rotate(270deg); top: 1991px; left: -8px; z-index: 10000;">★ Suosittelut</div>

How can I fix the code? It's too far from top as you can imagine... :)

Thanks,
Petteri

I would love the function to also send out review request automatic to my customers after 3 days or so.

You can set up a separate Mail After Purchase that is sent out after 3 days or simply change the time frame from 14 days to 3.

Hi!

We have a problem with the reviews tab. When I choose "Left" or "Right" as a position, the tab does not show on our page. The reason is this:

<div class="yotpo-testimonials yotpo-testimonials-btn" style="-webkit-transform: rotate(270deg); top: 1991px; left: -8px; z-index: 10000;">★ Suosittelut</div>

How can I fix the code? It's too far from top as you can imagine... :)

Thanks,
Petteri

Please send an email to support@yotpo.com with a full description of the issue and our support team will work with you to get this issue resolved.

Thanks.

Sorry, that was not what i meant..

I mean that it would be awesome to send out shop testimonials requests automatic after 3-4 days or so :-)

Sorry, that was not what i meant..

I mean that it would be awesome to send out shop testimonials requests automatic after 3-4 days or so :-)

This is a nice idea Napz, would you mind visiting http://yotporeviews.uservoice.com/forums/232842-feature-requests and adding it as an idea. We are using this portal from now on for feature requests and for ideas for other changes to our product.

hi, yotpo 1.3.3 PS 1.4.x

still slows down the order status change...

30 seconds is not normal

what's the problem and how to solve?

if it's a problem with communication to your server you have to change method to do it:

e.g. your module for every order can write the status change (if needed) to xml, then in a specified folder with a cron it can transfer to your server at a later time, in such a way that the procedure of order status change was not affected...this is only one of the possible steps

you can't slow down our back offices for a review service...easy

thanks

p.s.:

public function hookpostUpdateOrderStatus($params)
	{
		if (in_array($params['newOrderStatus']->id, self::getAcceptedMapStatuses()))
		{
			$data = $this->prepareMapData($params);
			if (Configuration::get('yotpo_app_key') != '' && Configuration::get('yotpo_oauth_token') != '' && !is_null($data))
				$this->httpClient()->makeMapRequest($data, Configuration::get('yotpo_app_key'), Configuration::get('yotpo_oauth_token'));				
		}
	}

you can't do that in this way if a "shipped" or a "delivered" order status change can take 30 seconds...

please accept my advice and change this properly

as already explained you have to transfer the order status info at a later time, not immediately when the admin changes the order status...it's not good this way

e.g. the client has to quickly store the info in a separate file, then with cron it can transfer the info to your server in background, so the admin does not notice anything strange or slow and does everything as fast as usual. The client just has to give write permissions to this file...you can state this on your update readme/changelog and site and forum or everywhere else...

you can even let the client choose the old way OR the new way (much faster)

then, also on your control panel you should make it easier to find the update link to the module...e.g. in settings tab

bye

Edited by mmsh

Hello,

There is a guy who actually spam my website with fake and rude reviews, using fake emails of course.

When will we able to delete reviews or at least impose email verification ( without disposables emails adress of course ) ?

A fast answer would be very appreciated.

hi, yotpo 1.3.3 PS 1.4.x

30 seconds is not normal

if it's a problem with communication to your server you have to change method to do it:

e.g. your module for every order can write the status change (if needed) to xml, then in a specified folder with a cron it can transfer to your server at a later time, in such a way that the procedure of order status change was not affected...this is only one of the possible steps

thanks

p.s.:

{
		{
			if (Configuration::get('yotpo_app_key') != '' && Configuration::get('yotpo_oauth_token') != '' && !is_null($data))
				$this->httpClient()->makeMapRequest($data, Configuration::get('yotpo_app_key'), Configuration::get('yotpo_oauth_token'));				
		}
	}

you can't do that in this way if a "shipped" or a "delivered" order status change can take 30 seconds...

as already explained you have to transfer the order status info at a later time, not immediately when the admin changes the order status...it's not good this way

e.g. the client has to quickly store the info in a separate file, then with cron it can transfer the info to your server in background, so the admin does not notice anything strange or slow and does everything as fast as usual. The client just has to give write permissions to this file...you can state this on your update readme/changelog and site and forum or everywhere else...

then, also on your control panel you should make it easier to find the update link to the module...e.g. in settings tab

bye

Thanks for sending me this mmsh, I've forwarded your message to our Prestashop expert and will write back to you once I hear back from him.

Hello,

There is a guy who actually spam my website with fake and rude reviews, using fake emails of course.

When will we able to delete reviews or at least impose email verification ( without disposables emails adress of course ) ?

A fast answer would be very appreciated.

Hey KevinNash, you have the option of archiving reviews within the moderate section which is the same as delete. You can also turn off the auto publish option and only publish reviews that you want to show on your site.

since the release of this comment module there has been some advancement in comments 'free' offerings

pretty popular and recommended by many

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/social-commerce-facebook-prestashop-modules/7366-yotpo-social-reviews.html

Thanks for the mention:)

hi, yotpo 1.3.3 PS 1.4.x

30 seconds is not normal

thanks

p.s.:

{
		{
		}
	}

bye

Hey mmsh,

I heard back from our Prestashop expert and he told me that he checked our logs and 99% of all these requests went through within 30ms. He believes you made this action when we were experiencing some technical issues. He asked me to check with you if this issue is happening to you constantly or only during this one time?

We will also look into the technical changes you suggested.

Thanks.

Hey mmsh,

I heard back from our Prestashop expert and he told me that he checked our logs and 99% of all these requests went through within 30ms. He believes you made this action when we were experiencing some technical issues. He asked me to check with you if this issue is happening to you constantly or only during this one time?

We will also look into the technical changes you suggested.

Thanks.

yes, always... with "shipped" and "delivered"

yotpo disabled 2-3 s

yotpo enabled 28-30 s

....  ;)

but your server is on Amazon or Godaddy ?

maybe this your CIDR 107.20.0.0/14 ?

i don't want any Amazon service on my website...

i have this on my iptables...

-A INPUT -s 107.20.0.0/14 -j DROP

let me know if i can unban this CIDR or your exact IP from which you provide your service...

thanks

edit: re-tested reviews and they're working fine...(in the writing/sending phase) maybe not for the notification service by email after the sales (infact my already served customers are not sending feedback...)

so it's not registering the sales on your control panel...

last 7 days not even a sale (so it's wrong)

order status change is a different service and different IPs ...? and reviews are OUTPUT only?

edit2:

const HTTP_REQUEST_TIMEOUT = 30; 

inside your YotpoHttpClient

so i think that the problem is certainly that...

but your IP is dynamic? i would not put the entire CIDR in whitelist...

please let me know ASAP

Edited by mmsh

I installed Yotpo yesterday and it killed my shopping cart (based on default theme), I actually lost at least a sale because of that.

After customer click on check out the cart is empty.

Also registered customers can't login anymore.

I uninstalled the module just now and everything is back to normal. Too bad because it looked like a nice tool.

Edited by claybourg

OK, i did this (hope it helps for someone who wants to block other unwanted services... scraping etc... )

iptables now are....

-A INPUT -s 107.21.23.113/32 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 107.21.18.137/32 -j ACCEPT

works fine this way... bye for now

Edited by mmsh

Hello,

Me again :)

I just saw that the reviews tab on my website only show a few reviews on one page now.

Before there was many pages with page choice at the bottom of the first one.

Same thing on Facebook reviews tab, only few reviews and no page.

Can you check and enable the pages for customers see all the reviews please ?

I have more than 200 reviews at this time and the reviews tab only show 5 of them :unsure:

Edit, another thing, Yotpo dedicated page html code doesn't work at all on PS 1.5.4.1 :

<script>
var yotpo_app_key = "KevinNashAPIkey";
</script>
<div class='yotpo testimonials'
id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'
data-lang="{$yotpoLanguage|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"></div>

Edited by KevinNash

I installed Yotpo yesterday and it killed my shopping cart (based on default theme), I actually lost at least a sale because of that.

After customer click on check out the cart is empty.

Also registered customers can't login anymore.

I uninstalled the module just now and everything is back to normal. Too bad because it looked like a nice tool.

Really sorry to read this claybourg. We take our integrations very seriously and I want to get to the bottom of this so that you can use our service. Would it be possible to send us some log files and a description of the issue to support@yotpo.com?

Hello,

Me again :)

I just saw that the reviews tab on my website only show a few reviews on one page now.

Before there was many pages with page choice at the bottom of the first one.

Same thing on Facebook reviews tab, only few reviews and no page.

Can you check and enable the pages for customers see all the reviews please ?

I have more than 200 reviews at this time and the reviews tab only show 5 of them :unsure:

Edit, another thing, Yotpo dedicated page html code doesn't work at all on PS 1.5.4.1 :

<script>

var yotpo_app_key = "KevinNashAPIkey";

</script>

<div class='yotpo testimonials'

id='yotpo-testimonials-custom-tab'

data-lang="{$yotpoLanguage|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"></div>

Hey Kevin,

I have checked this on other sites and it doesn't seem to be effecting other users. Can you send me a link to your store so I can look into this. I will speak to our R&D regarding the dedicated page issue.

Does it come with Italian templates? Or is it, at least, possible to set up a customized set of messages?

Thank you!

Does it come with Italian templates? Or is it, at least, possible to set up a customized set of messages?

Thank you!

Hi e-piazza,

Yotpo is available in Italian! Check out this page to see how you can set your Yotpo to different languages: http://support.yotpo.com/entries/21861473-Languages-Customization-. If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to contact support@yotpo.com.

OK, i did this (hope it helps for someone who wants to block other unwanted services... scraping etc... )

iptables now are....

-A INPUT -s 107.21.23.113/32 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 107.21.18.137/32 -j ACCEPT

works fine this way... bye for now

Hi mmsh,

I do not want either cloudfront! Which file to place these codes please? ...

I have inserted the Embedded Widget to show Top Rated Products on my site.

If you click on products reviewed it directs you on the product page except in one of them, probably because something changed on my side maybe, is going nowhere, the rest product links work fine.

How can i fix that?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Hi mmsh,

I do not want either cloudfront! Which file to place these codes please? ...

I have inserted the Embedded Widget to show Top Rated Products on my site.

If you click on products reviewed it directs you on the product page except in one of them, probably because something changed on my side maybe, is going nowhere, the rest product links work fine.

How can i fix that?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Hi yanc, Hi shams,

Hope you're having a great start to 2014! As far as your questions, I recommend you contact our brilliant and friendly tech support team at support@yotpo.com.

Hey all,

Just wanted to share the good news about Yotpo raising $10.7 million in funding. Check out our blog post about it here.

With all this money, I suggest you to add premiums features for free and have a lot of users this way ;)

Edited by KevinNash

Hi!

Thanks so much for this wonderful module.

I can not access the translation at the bottom of this page. Can you look at this? I'm talking about to translate into Swedish.

regarding : This email was sent from

regarding :  To unsubscribe from this list click here.

Hej {user},
Vänligen fyll i formuläret nedan och skicka in din webbplats recension, det skulle vara mycket uppskattat.
[spam-filter] ★★ ★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★
Write your review's title here
Write your review here *
Tack så mycket och vi hoppas att se dig snart igen :)

- {store_name}
This email was sent from {store_name} by Yotpo.
To unsubscribe from this list click here.

best regards

MacRoy

Hi yanc, Hi shams,

Hope you're having a great start to 2014! As far as your questions, I recommend you contact our brilliant and friendly tech support team at support@yotpo.com.

Problem solved by support, thanks guys!

Edited by yanc

would this replace the standard presta customer comments module? or would they coexist?

my dash board is external at Yotpo?

do the reviewers personal icon pictures get pulled from my database?

jh

Edited by nayll

With all this money, I suggest you to add premiums features for free and have a lot of users this way ;)

Hey KevinNash!

:D This money is going to let us continue to offer an excellent free app as well as add awesome new features to our Premium service.

Hi!

Thanks so much for this wonderful module.

I can not access the translation at the bottom of this page. Can you look at this? I'm talking about to translate into Swedish.

regarding : This email was sent from

regarding :  To unsubscribe from this list click here.

Hej {user},

Vänligen fyll i formuläret nedan och skicka in din webbplats recension, det skulle vara mycket uppskattat.

[spam-filter] ★★ ★★★ ★★★★ ★★★★★
Write your review's title here

Write your review here *

Tack så mycket och vi hoppas att se dig snart igen :)

- {store_name}

This email was sent from {store_name} by Yotpo.

To unsubscribe from this list click here.

best regards

MacRoy

Hi MacRoy,

I recommend you contact our great and helpful support team at support@yotpo.com. They will be happy to help you!

would this replace the standard presta customer comments module? or would they coexist?

my dash board is external at Yotpo?

do the reviewers personal icon pictures get pulled from my database?

jh

Hi Nayll,

1. Yotpo will replace the standard Presta comments module, but it is possible to import reviews (contact support@yotpo.com to find out how).

2. Some parts of Yotpo can be configured through the PrestaShop admin. There is also an external Yotpo dashboard, easily accessible from the Presta Admin.

3. Reviewers personal icon pictures will not get pulled from your database. In order to show a personal picture, a reviewer must link their Yotpo account to a social network like Facebook.

Hi everyone! Sorry for my bad English ;) but I've to ask a little question:

could you please tell me how to enlarge the "Reviews" button wich leads to the Review Tab? my webmaster put it on the right, in the home page of my website, but he couldn't modify the size of this "button" in any way through the code...also in the Yotpo Dashboard, we couldn't find the relative option, if you go in the "Reviews Tab" section there is only the possibility to change color and position, but not the size..Thank you very much in advance for your support and for the beautiful work done since the release of this widget! :)

Carlotta

Hi everyone! Sorry for my bad English ;) but I've to ask a little question:

could you please tell me how to enlarge the "Reviews" button wich leads to the Review Tab? my webmaster put it on the right, in the home page of my website, but he couldn't modify the size of this "button" in any way through the code...also in the Yotpo Dashboard, we couldn't find the relative option, if you go in the "Reviews Tab" section there is only the possibility to change color and position, but not the size..Thank you very much in advance for your support and for the beautiful work done since the release of this widget! :)

Carlotta

Hey Carlotta,

First of all, your English is great! Unfortunately, there is no way to enlarge the reviews tab button. If you'd like it to stand out more, try playing with the color or opacity/transparency. If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to contact our amazing and clever support team at support@yotpo.com. 

We love hearing from our users and often implement their suggestions, so go here to let us know what you want to see from Yotpo.

Thanks for the love!

Thank you very much fo your kind suggestion! :) I'll try to play with the colors and the opacity, I hope to make a better job! 

Best wishes,

Carlotta

i installed this module yesterday and was going to activate Riche snippets but the option under SEO Tricks missing. I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday when i installed module but it's not there anymore

Edited by SeVi

Hi SeVi,

Thanks for installing Yotpo!

We will have Rich Snippet support for PrestaShop stores ready in the next few weeks. Then it will be available as part of our Premium packages which include alot of other great stuff like Commenting on Reviews, Social Q&A and even further Google integration.

If you're interested, please e-mail danna@yotpo.com or PM me here and I will have someone reach out.

Hello can you explain better this Rich Snippet part please ?

I hope I do not understand well ;)

Rich Snippet is already ready for Prestashop stores and run very well on free Yotpo plan, you just need a lot of reviews to see them in Google, a few isn't enough for Google.

To be honest many user thinked that " Yotpo is too good to be free " and were afraid to pay for using it later.

So I really hope you won'y switch free features like Rich Snippets to the paid plan :(

So it was disabled in the latest version? Because i remember seeing it in my settings before. 

Hi SeVi,

Thanks for installing Yotpo!

We will have Rich Snippet support for PrestaShop stores ready in the next few weeks. Then it will be available as part of our Premium packages which include alot of other great stuff like Commenting on Reviews, Social Q&A and even further Google integration.

If you're interested, please e-mail danna@yotpo.com or PM me here and I will have someone reach out.

On my side, I already see the Rich Snippets option, last 1.3.5 module version  ;)

Try to uninstall and reinstall maybe ?

Edited by KevinNash

i tried resetting module but didn't help. Maybe need to reinstall it. Here is screenshot, it supposed to be under SEO Tricks?

DIckMuS.png

On my side, I already see the Rich Snippets option, last 1.3.5 module version  ;)

Try to uninstall and reinstall maybe ?

On my account, it is another SEO category, under the SEO tricks, I hope that Yotpo didn't remove the free feature to make it paid at this time

hy73.jpg

Edited by KevinNash

On my account, it is another SEO category, under the SEO tricks, I hope that Yotpo didn't remove the free feature to make it paid at this time

I hope they will bring it back. I haven't even tested it rich snippets yet, so  idk if having reviews in search results will get me more sales.

Hi SeVi, Hi KevinNash

Just spoke to our Head of Product and CTO and they confirmed we are working on fixing the issues with rich snippet support for PrestaShop. I'll keep you posted here.

Hi, great module thanks!

I'm having trouble with the coupons for the Mail After Purchase emails. The vouchers I create in Prestashop show up in my customers accounts, with the coupon code:

from the moment I create the cart rule it will appear in the customers "My Vouchers" section.  How can I create a cart rule for a yotpo coupon (that is, a code that can't be used until leaving a review)?  

Thanks for your help.

Hi Yotpo,

I do not understand.

Will the rich snippet be only available with the premium version, and not in the free version ?

For the moment, it still does not work correctly on prestashop. Do you have some news about this ?

I have presta 1.5.6.2, and i install this great module.

My problem is, all my old orders, made before i activate this module, is empty, i can't see the ordered products.

I see all other details of the orders.

Thanks.

Hi, great module thanks!

I'm having trouble with the coupons for the Mail After Purchase emails. The vouchers I create in Prestashop show up in my customers accounts, with the coupon code:

from the moment I create the cart rule it will appear in the customers "My Vouchers" section.  How can I create a cart rule for a yotpo coupon (that is, a code that can't be used until leaving a review)?  

Thanks for your help.

Hi LBPC,

When you use Yotpo coupons, your customers will not get the coupon code until they leave their review--this is automatically built in to our coupon feature. 

If you are having any issues, please contact our awesome support team at support@yotpo.com.

Hi Yotpo,

I do not understand.

Will the rich snippet be only available with the premium version, and not in the free version ?

For the moment, it still does not work correctly on prestashop. Do you have some news about this ?

Hey Sam 59,

We will have Rich Snippets working for PrestaShop in the next few weeks. It will be available as part of our awesome Premium packages along with features like Social Q&A and Commenting on Reviews. 

I have presta 1.5.6.2, and i install this great module.

My problem is, all my old orders, made before i activate this module, is empty, i can't see the ordered products.

I see all other details of the orders.

Thanks.

Hi levviking,

I recommend you contact our super support team at support@yotpo.com

Thanks!

Not sure if any one has asked this before but it would be nice to add this to the module  just to warn i dont know how to edit tpl files. I how I can follow directions so if i was told how i can.

This is  Great module i love it. but i think it needs to be a bit more visible on the product page then their is no reviews. This is my idea  

the Product comments is lacking where this module picks up its slack 

rev.jpg

EDIT  If their is a review have the text change from :

Be the first to review this product To  Write your review 

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by projectpb

Hey Sam 59,

We will have Rich Snippets working for PrestaShop in the next few weeks. It will be available as part of our awesome Premium packages along with features like Social Q&A and Commenting on Reviews. 

So bye bye the rich snippets in the Free version :(

Will probably return on the native prestashop comment function... :wacko:

Not sure if any one has asked this before but it would be nice to add this to the module  just to warn i dont know how to edit tpl files. I how I can follow directions so if i was told how i can.

This is  Great module i love it. but i think it needs to be a bit more visible on the product page then their is no reviews. This is my idea  

the Product comments is lacking where this module picks up its slack 

rev.jpg

EDIT  If their is a review have the text change from :

Be the first to review this product To  Write your review 

Thanks

Jeff

Great idea, Jeff! I will pass this along to the product team. If you ever have any more suggestions, please feel free to submit them here--We love hearing from our users about ways to improve the product!

So bye bye the rich snippets in the Free version :(

Will probably return on the native prestashop comment function... :wacko:

Sorry to hear that, Sam--We'll miss you!

Sorry to hear that, Sam--We'll miss you!

Unfortunalty, I have no choice, because have no budget for the comments for my part. So I have to keep on a free solution.

• Like 1

It is completely ok to make new cool features and charge for them.

However, it is generally a very bad practice to first lure gullible webshop owner into using your "free" module and then suddenly start charging for core features after the user have already invested both time and money into setting up and integrating your module.

I think you will lose all credibility if you suddenly start charging for core features which previously have been free. Webshop owners will not trust you anylonger and will not be willing to invest further on a module for which you can not foresee the future evolution and cost. 

• Like 2

Hi,

I've recently noticed a change in the embedded widget on my website.

A Yotpo star was added in the title and now it's a little crooked in Firefox.

When I disable "float: left" and "display: inline-block" in the browser editor it looks normal again.

Any idea?

yotpo.jpg

It is completely ok to make new cool features and charge for them.

However, it is generally a very bad practice to first lure gullible webshop owner into using your "free" module and then suddenly start charging for core features after the user have already invested both time and money into setting up and integrating your module.

I think you will lose all credibility if you suddenly start charging for core features which previously have been free. Webshop owners will not trust you anylonger and will not be willing to invest further on a module for which you can not foresee the future evolution and cost. 

MacMaster,

You bring up a really good point, and it's something that we are very sensitive to at this stage. We are doing our best to keep as much of Yotpo free as we possibly can, while still providing significantly increased value to our paying clients.

It's not easy, and it's honestly great to hear constructive feedback like this, because it lets us know what we're doing wrong and right. The moment I saw your comment I forwarded it to the CEO, CTO, CRO, Head of Product etc--just so you know your feedback didn't go unheard.

As far as your specific complaint, Rich Snippets is the only formerly free feature that has been added to Premium plans. Everything else (Mail After Purchase, Social Push, Coupon etc) will remain free.

So thanks for speaking up, someone's gotta say the stuff that's hard for us to hear.

Hi,

I've recently noticed a change in the embedded widget on my website.

A Yotpo star was added in the title and now it's a little crooked in Firefox.

When I disable "float: left" and "display: inline-block" in the browser editor it looks normal again.

Any idea?

yotpo.jpg

Hey Christiaan,

I recommend contacting our awesome support team at support@yotpo.com--this is just the sort of thing they'll be able to help with.

Thanks!

As far as your specific complaint, Rich Snippets is the only formerly free feature that has been added to Premium plans. Everything else (Mail After Purchase, Social Push, Coupon etc) will remain free.

Hello, I don't want to be rude but that is just a shame IMHO.

Are you kidding us ?

We were all afraid that Yotpo was " too beautiful to be true ", I read that on many places. Afraid that Yotpo trap us and become not so free.

I remember myself write " don't worry guys, they are serious and they'll never fo that ", free features will remain free at least.

Sadly, you proove us to be right, give a such nice free feature like rich snippets and switch it after on a paid plan.

To be honest I am really disappointed and I feel cheated, like many others I am sure :(

Like Sam59 I can't afford to pay for your plan so what can I do, go elsewhere and loose all my reviews or be forced to pay to keep my snippets ( who works very well by the way ) ? During this time that I trusted you, I just waste my time and reviews ?

I really hope you will change your mind quickly because if you don't you will very soon become untrustable all over the internet.

Add features to premium plan is logical, remove free features is shameful.

Edited by KevinNash
  • Like 2

Hello, I don't want to be rude but that is just a shame IMHO.

Are you kidding us ?

We were all afraid that Yotpo was " too beautiful to be true ", I read that on many places. Afraid that Yotpo trap us and become not so free.

I remember myself write " don't worry guys, they are serious and they'll never fo that ", free features will remain free at least.

Sadly, you proove us to be right, give a such nice free feature like rich snippets and switch it after on a paid plan.

To be honest I am really disappointed and I feel cheated, like many others I am sure :(

Like Sam59 I can't afford to pay for your plan so what can I do, go elsewhere and loose all my reviews or be forced to pay to keep my snippets ( who works very well by the way ) ? During this time that I trusted you, I just waste my time and reviews ?

I really hope you will change your mind quickly because if you don't you will very soon become untrustable all over the internet.

Add features to premium plan is logical, remove free features is shameful.

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the delay in responding--This issue has been bounced around by all the big guys at the company since you brought it up.

First, the resolution: Current Yotpo users on PrestaShop will keep free Rich Snippets, but with limited support for the feature. 

Second, I want to explain the logic behind why we cannot continue to offer them for free.

Here's the deal with Rich Snippets: In alot of cases, our solution works out of the box and there are no issues or need for support. But when this doesnt happen, it is a *really* support-heavy feature. There is no general solution or automation when it comes to Rich Snippets--someone from our support team needs to actively work on each store, understanding the structure of the shop and applying the necessary mark up store-wide. So the simple truth is, if we want to continue to offer it, it needs to become a part of our paid packages.

I want to repeat what I said to MacMaster above, which is that we are really thankful for this sort of feedback. We want to hear directly from you guys what we're doing wrong or right, so we appreciate it. I hope the resolution we have come up with shows we're listening.
Edited by Yotpo

Here's the deal with Rich Snippets: In alot of cases, our solution works out of the box and there are no issues or need for support. But when this doesnt happen, it is a *really* support-heavy feature. There is no general solution or automation when it comes to Rich Snippets--someone from our support team needs to actively work on each store, understanding the structure of the shop and applying the necessary mark up store-wide. So the simple truth is, if we want to continue to offer it, it needs to become a part of our paid packages.

I want to repeat what I said to MacMaster above, which is that we are really thankful for this sort of feedback. We want to hear directly from you guys what we're doing wrong or right, so we appreciate it. I hope the resolution we have come up with shows we're listening.

Honestly, I personally find this a poor excuse. If you at least had admitted that you have concluded that rich snippets is among the most valued features and now you want to charge for it because you are in it for the money......

However, if indeed what you say are true then the logic would be that rich snippet say free and you cover your heavy support cost by paid for support agreement to the once who need and request it. That how normal software companies deal with advanced in-depth support.

Honestly, I personally find this a poor excuse. If you at least had admitted that you have concluded that rich snippets is among the most valued features and now you want to charge for it because you are in it for the money......

However, if indeed what you say are true then the logic would be that rich snippet say free and you cover your heavy support cost by paid for support agreement to the once who need and request it. That how normal software companies deal with advanced in-depth support.

Dude, stop whining. They just offered to release the rich snippets for free again.

And of course they are in it for the money. That's why we are all here. Ecommerce. Business. Making money. You'd rather be grateful for having free reviews emails, rich snippets, coupons from Yotpo.

I haven't seen a large company responding so directly to customers (who are mostly non-paying customers) as Yotpo.

They just offered to release the rich snippets for free again.

Not exactly Christiaan, it stay free for current PRestashop users only

Congratulations Yotpo, good explanation and good solution IMHO.

I think you are right, those who had the feature for free before must keep it but with a limited support, very good idea.

It is also interesting to learn that this damn snippets are so time consuming on your side.

Just a tip about that, when I had my first review, I submitted the url on Google Webmaster Tools and the day after, the snippets were on Google results for this review, but after some days, the snippets disappear, very frustrating.

Now I have more than 300 reviews and snippets work like a charm so I think there is secrets Google parameters for snippets, a few isn't enough in my opinion.

I think that Google, to avoid to have stars everywhere on search results just show those who have many snippets for a while.

Just my 2 cents ^_^

Edited by KevinNash

Not exactly Christiaan, it stay free for current PRestashop users only

Correct. But everyone complaining in here is already a Yotpo user.

My snippets never worked though...

Hello, 

I have installed and it was working right, then I edited the yotpo.php, the objective was that when the order status is "preparation" then trigger the email, but product page didnt display because I had an error on line 83 of yotpo.php. So what I did was uninstall the module and reinstall. And at that moment in the BO I had an error saying "module was not installed properly"

How can I fix it? Because it's a very good addon!!

Regards

Hello, 

I have installed and it was working right, then I edited the yotpo.php, the objective was that when the order status is "preparation" then trigger the email, but product page didnt display because I had an error on line 83 of yotpo.php. So what I did was uninstall the module and reinstall. And at that moment in the BO I had an error saying "module was not installed properly"

How can I fix it? Because it's a very good addon!!

Regards

Hey Agustin.allera,

Your best bet is to send an email to support@yotpo.com with all the details of the issue including log files and screenshots. This sounds like a specific issue related to your setup so our support may have to work with our R&D team to resolve the issue so please send them as much info as possible.

Again a problem with Yotpo!

Several customers gets a mail with the wrong product. Everytime it is the same wrong product.

Hello Yotpo team

is Yotpo compatibile with 1.6 ?

Again a problem with Yotpo!

Several customers gets a mail with the wrong product. Everytime it is the same wrong product.

Hey DorkV,

Please contact our awesome support team at support@yotpo.com. Include as much info as you can (with screenshots, if it's possible)--they will be happy to help!

Hello Yotpo team

is Yotpo compatibile with 1.6 ?

Hey vekia!

Yotpo will create a version compatible with 1.6 as soon as the final version is released.

• Like 1

I have the review tab positioned Left. Is it possible to raise the position up or down a few pixels? I have another tab competing for the same spot.

I have the review tab positioned Left. Is it possible to raise the position up or down a few pixels? I have another tab competing for the same spot.

Hey Bill,

You can move the Reviews Tab up or down using CSS. If you're having trouble, reach out to our support team at support@yotpo.com for some help or advice.

I'm sure some of our members here would like to know the answer to this question, seems like useful info that from my efforts to find the solution is not readily available. So why not just share the info here?

I'm sure some of our members here would like to know the answer to this question, seems like useful info that from my efforts to find the solution is not readily available. So why not just share the info here?

Hey Bill,

Good point! I spoke to support and got the following answer for you:

The css rule is:

.yotpo-testimonials.yotpo-testimonials-btn { 

top222px !important; 

}

Where top is the relation point in window, in this case the top left pixel; can be switched to bottom.
Where 222 is the number of units, can be any number including negative values.
Where px is the units, alternatively you can use '%' and 'em'.

Examples:
top: 50%;  // place element in the middle of the page, bottom: 50%; is technically the same
bottom: 120px; // from the bottom count 120 pixels and put the element there

top: 3em;  // em is a unit that derives it's value from the font-size, so if font size is 12, this means place the element 26px from the top.

Things to keep in mind:

- some tabs may use different units or logic for placement, so completely preventing overlapping may be harder than it seems.

- not all users' browsers/window size is consistent, I may use a 1920x1080 with Firefox and someone else may use 800x600 with Internet Explorer 7 with many toolbars installed (so a rule like top: 600px will display in about 2/3 from the top for me, it may be off screen for the IE user).

- Yotpo is using a dynamic rule that changes the position to ensure compatibility, we generally recommend not overriding the position unless really necessary. 

* Resize the window a couple of times to ensure consistency of your rule and make it as compatible as possible.

Hey thanks, wish I could say that worked, but I placed it in the only css file the module has, form.css, and I tried placing the code in my themes global.css. No luck.

Thank you for trying. I can usually figure things out and I'm amazed that when I do an Internet search ... NOBODY ... is trying to move that button. I'm the only one that wants to move it. :)