Yotpo

[Free Module] Product Reviews - Dramatically increase your reviews

I don't know why this module include the review in the categoy list and the product short description because the module is great, this is a little comment.

Regards.

Hi, (#8182 Conflict with Cardsave Payment / Orders not working) Could you please look in to this. There are other people on this thread with the same problem with different payment modules.

We are aware of the conflicts we have with certain payment modules and always trying to solve these conflicts. Unfortunately it is not possible for us to support every single payment module that has a conflict with Yotpo.

Hi, I have installed Yotpo review module latest version in my PS 1.5.3.1. It has so nice UI and very user friendly. However, there is some alignment problem that I couldn't get rid of. In product page, the product description and youtube video blocks are running over review block. Ideally it should start only after product description block. Can anyone help me. Thank you.

Please send an email to support@yotpo.com with screenshots and a detailed explanation of this issue so our support team can assist you with this.

This is great for the category pages but how do we add the bottom line to the product pages? And make it clickable so that it opens the tab with the yotpo reviews? And is there a way to remove the amount of reviews? I just want to show the stars. Thanks!

You can simply move the code to the desired location on the page. Unfortunately it is not possible to make it open a tab, we have designed it to take the visitor straight to the widget. Unfortunately it is not possible to remove the text showing the number of reviews.

I have attached the screenshots for my problem..Can anyone help me to figure it out..

Please forward these to support@yotpo.com with the ticket id of the issue that you would have received when emailing our support. If you have yet to email our support about this issue then please send all the relevant details to support@yotpo.com.

Thank you.

I wish these guys would check this thread more often or turn on email notifications or something.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post. I do however recommend emailing support@yotpo.com with any urgent or technical related issues.

hi i tried to upload it but it says "Error while extracting module (file may be corrupted)."

i tried the file from this forum and from your site, but both have this problem. plz help

i'm using ver 1.4.6.2

It's Okay now. It was showing error, but it was there in modules. i installed it and now it's okay. thnx anyways. will try it out.

Edited by YouSt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi.

I have 2 questions.

1) I case that I decide to quit Yotpo. Will it be possible to obtain an extract (for free) of my reviews ?

2) Is there a simple way or module to export my current reviews (with the prestashop comment module) in Yotpo ?

Thanks for your answer.

Finally got the Yotpo module running on my site now, www.bioaquatek.com.

No more problems with orders not being successfully placed, all thanks to the great Yotpo support staff.

I have the star rating on my home featured, product list and a tab on the products page. I also have it linked to my facebook!

Very good module! Thanks!

NOTE: Product with review to view http://www.bioaquatek.com/en/104-reactors-and-media?p=2

Hi.

I have 2 questions.

1) I case that I decide to quit Yotpo. Will it be possible to obtain an extract (for free) of my reviews ?

2) Is there a simple way or module to export my current reviews (with the prestashop comment module) in Yotpo ?

Thanks for your answer.

Hey Sam,

You can export your reviews from Yotpo at anytime by using our export tool in the settings section of your Yotpo admin.

I'm not aware of any easy way or module to export your reviews from the reviews solution you are using, you should check this with the developer of the reviews solution.

Finally got the Yotpo module running on my site now, www.bioaquatek.com.

No more problems with orders not being successfully placed, all thanks to the great Yotpo support staff.

I have the star rating on my home featured, product list and a tab on the products page. I also have it linked to my facebook!

Very good module! Thanks!

NOTE: Product with review to view http://www.bioaquatek.com/en/104-reactors-and-media?p=2

Glad to hear you are finding it useful.

i am able to view the side tab only on the product page but not on other pages. can someone provide a solution for that.

Could you please send an email to support@yotpo.com with a screenshot showing the issue and any other details you think are relevant.

Hey Sam,

You can export your reviews from Yotpo at anytime by using our export tool in the settings section of your Yotpo admin.

I'm not aware of any easy way or module to export your reviews from the reviews solution you are using, you should check this with the developer of the reviews solution.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I am on Prestashop.

I can expor manually my reviews, but what is the mapping of the csv file ?

Is there any solution to use it on category page with layered navigation. After sorting reviews stars are gone

Hi,

Please send an email to support@yotpo.com and we will investigate the issue you reported.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I am on Prestashop.

I can expor manually my reviews, but what is the mapping of the csv file ?

The csv mandatory fields to import your reviews to yotpo are as follows:

Product ID/SKU

product_title

product_url

review_content

review_score

review_title

display_name

product_image_url

date

Edited by Yotpo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

Please send an email to support@yotpo.com and we will investigate the issue you reported.

Did you find the solution for that issue?

Hi,

I've installed your module and changed language to pl, but it does't change everything to polish. Name of tab is still reviews

The csv mandatory fields to import your reviews to yotpo are as follows:

Product ID/SKU

product_title

product_url

review_content

review_score

review_title

display_name

product_image_url

date

Thanks a lot.

What is display_name ?

Hi,

I've installed your module and changed language to pl, but it does't change everything to polish. Name of tab is still reviews

i think that you have to edit it manually under localization > translations > module translations

i think that you have to edit it manually under localization > translations > module translations

I used this drop-down menu. I don't see appropriate name to change. It looks like it is translation of back-office terms.

Thanks a lot.

What is display_name ?

Display name is the name of the person who submitted the review

• Like 1

yotpo, still love your module but realized that since you offer shop reviews, too, via burst emails you should separate product reviews from shop reviews. Means you should offer 2 different text strings for proper translation; MAP would refer to product reviews whereas BURST would refer to shop reviews. Whereas 'review' may make sense in English language for both purposes, MAP and BURST, there are delicate differences in languages likes German when the MAP would translate in Produktrezenzion (product review) and BURST into Shop Rezension (shop review). Right now you just use 'review' the German translation is Produktrezenion which is wrong if that is sent via BURST which refers to the shop rather than the product. Hm, hope you get what I mean. 

Much more appreciated would be if you just let me/us translate really the whole email content freely without your predefined wordings; I mean there are parts/strings I cannot access and change directly, e.g. in case of the BURST emails the wording

This email was sent from {store_name} by Yotpo.
To unsubscribe from this list click here.

I would really prefer if I could also change them, Of course you could leave your Powered by Yotpo still there.

Thanks

Phil

EDIT: as another example I just realized by checking yet another BURST test email that you add a string to the very end which is not even seen in the preview on the dashboard: "If you find this email inappropriate..." and I cannot even find this in getlocalization...

Edited by Pippo3000 (see edit history)

EDIT: Some good news. Our QA just gave us the green light to share version 1.3.0 with you all. If you have had issues with version 1.2.9 then simply override that version with our latest version which can be downloaded from the link below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/yotpo-presta-shop/yotpo.zip

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we are sorry for any inconvenience that was caused as a result of this issue.

Hello, i've noticed that one merchant has got weirdy issue with yotpo module:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274388-yotpo-129-problem/

Thanks for pointing this out. Prestashop released a new version which is causing conflicts with our system.

yotpo, still love your module but realized that since you offer shop reviews, too, via burst emails you should separate product reviews from shop reviews. Means you should offer 2 different text strings for proper translation; MAP would refer to product reviews whereas BURST would refer to shop reviews. Whereas 'review' may make sense in English language for both purposes, MAP and BURST, there are delicate differences in languages likes German when the MAP would translate in Produktrezenzion (product review) and BURST into Shop Rezension (shop review). Right now you just use 'review' the German translation is Produktrezenion which is wrong if that is sent via BURST which refers to the shop rather than the product. Hm, hope you get what I mean. 

Much more appreciated would be if you just let me/us translate really the whole email content freely without your predefined wordings; I mean there are parts/strings I cannot access and change directly, e.g. in case of the BURST emails the wording

This email was sent from {store_name} by Yotpo.
To unsubscribe from this list click here.

I would really prefer if I could also change them, Of course you could leave your Powered by Yotpo still there.

Thanks

Phil

EDIT: as another example I just realized by checking yet another BURST test email that you add a string to the very end which is not even seen in the preview on the dashboard: "If you find this email inappropriate..." and I cannot even find this in getlocalization...

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm forwarding this to our head of product so we can start working on a solution.

dear @Yotpo

can you please check this thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274388-yotpo-129-problem/

several users have got the same issue

We are aware of a conflict between a new Prestashop version and our system. We are investigating this.

Hi Yotpo

Do you plan to have some evolutions ?

- Give the opportunity to modify costumer reviews (in order to rectify gramatical mistaches for eg)

- Give the opportunity to answer to a review

- Send email after the "delivered" status in prestashop and not after order (because it mays present some problems when the is a delay before shipping for eg)

I have noticed that in the french template of email after order, there is a sentence that is not translated ( "Our Top Selling Products" )

Thanks for your answer

Sam

We are running ps 1.4.8

We have 2 issues when trying to share reviews with facebook:

• The translation does not work. There is some introductary text to each review and although we have yotpo Swedish language installed the text is in english and we find no place to edit it.

SOLVED: In Yotpo account under "Modorate" pane the following text is found in left top corner:  "Click here to Set up "Smart Auto Share" to maximize the social reach of your reviews". When following that link the facebook sharing text can be felly customized.

• It is not clear how you set it up for the company page rather than your private facebook page. In the end we got it correct, but it was a lot "exipired tokens" and confusion before it turned out correctly. So some instruction concerning this would likely help others in the future.

We have 1 issue with rating display on category page:

We would be grateful for any help concerning this.

Edited by MacMaster (see edit history)

Is it sure that the Rich snippets really work ?

Because I have no rich results in Google for my part....

You can test them here http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

I saw mine here but not in the search results, I don't know how many time it takes before Google show them.

I have tested but it does not seems to work with notation.... and neither in the google results :(

Of course, I have activate the rich snippet in the Yotpo administration panel.

You must activate them in the Yotpo panel and also in the module.

For testing with Google, you must put a product url with a Yotpo review in the test field.

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you !!

I think that in fact, there is a bug in the prestashop module.

When rich snippet are selected, it does not work.

And when non selected, it works...

strange :wacko:

You're right that's strange, on my side this is correct, snippets are activated if selected in the module.

Arf ! I just saw on your website that you are french like me and we talk here in english ;)

Dear Yotpo. Saw recently that you offer Badges now. While the idea as such is good and appreciated I urge you to correct the typo. It should read certified and not certefied reviews.

Thank you !!

just realized that snippets are not working for us either. Whether activated or not. Will update to v1.3 and see then again

just realized that snippets are not working for us either. Whether activated or not. Will update to v1.3 and see then again

v1.3 does not work either. Snippets I mean...
  • Like 1

Dear Yotpo. Saw recently that you offer Badges now. While the idea as such is good and appreciated I urge you to correct the typo. It should read certified and not certefied reviews.

Thanks for fixing this. Now, how can I translate the badge for non english sites / users?

hi yotpo,

i have a problem that the module is displayed only on the product page and not on any other pages in my store. 

website url:  http://www.thelaptopcare.in

i tried to contact you via email but no response. 

Hey Ruchit.devil, 

Our widget is designed to only appear on product pages. Which part of our service isn't appearing on your other pages?

Hi Yotpo

Do you plan to have some evolutions ?

- Give the opportunity to modify costumer reviews (in order to rectify gramatical mistaches for eg)

- Give the opportunity to answer to a review

- Send email after the "delivered" status in prestashop and not after order (because it mays present some problems when the is a delay before shipping for eg)

I have noticed that in the french template of email after order, there is a sentence that is not translated ( "Our Top Selling Products" )

Thanks for your answer

Sam

hey Sam59,

We aren't planning on providing a edit option anytime soon but are working hard on a new commenting feature which will allow store owners to respond to reviews. Yes, we are improving our logic engine so that emails will be sent after delivered and not after order, this feature will take some time though.

To help us translate a language please visit http://support.yotpo.com/entries/23734928-Adding-or-Updating-a-Language-in-Yotpo

We are running ps 1.4.8

We have 2 issues when trying to share reviews with facebook:

• The translation does not work. There is some introductary text to each review and although we have yotpo Swedish language installed the text is in english and we find no place to edit it.

SOLVED: In Yotpo account under "Modorate" pane the following text is found in left top corner:  "Click here to Set up "Smart Auto Share" to maximize the social reach of your reviews". When following that link the facebook sharing text can be felly customized.

• It is not clear how you set it up for the company page rather than your private facebook page. In the end we got it correct, but it was a lot "exipired tokens" and confusion before it turned out correctly. So some instruction concerning this would likely help others in the future.

We have 1 issue with rating display on category page:

We would be grateful for any help concerning this.

Thank you for your feedback. I understand from your edits that all your issues have been resolved. If this is not the case then please let our support know via support@yotpo.com

Is it sure that the Rich snippets really work ?

Because I have no rich results in Google for my part....

You can test them here http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

I saw mine here but not in the search results, I don't know how many time it takes before Google show them.

I have tested but it does not seems to work with notation.... and neither in the google results :(

Of course, I have activate the rich snippet in the Yotpo administration panel.

Thank you !!

If you have correctly set up the rich snippets and see results via http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets than it can take 24-72 hours before the results appear in Google search results. You are always welcome to email our support and they can double check everything for you.

Sam59 - Would you mind emailing support@yotpo.com with screenshots and a description talking about the bug with the rich snippets only working when it is not activated in the Prestashop admin.

Thanks.

Fixed.

v1.3 does not work either. Snippets I mean...

Hey Pippo3000,

Please send an email to support@yotpo.com with the URL of your site, the login credentials to your store's admin and any other information you feel may be useful to them to investigate this for you.

Thanks.

Thanks for fixing this. Now, how can I translate the badge for non english sites / users?

We are working on adding badges in other languages, this will take some time though.

I agree with this option, would like to see too that a MAP is sent once I changed the status of an order to delivered.

ALSO and VERY IMPORTANT for someone from the EU: spamming is prohibited in many if not all countries in the EU and penalties are high and hurt. In Germany e.g. spamming includes per latest court decisions also emails which are sent with the intention to gather reviews. So it would be VERY helpful if you could make an option that MAP emails are sent only to those customers who ticked the checkbox (when creating an account) that they agree to receive newsletter/promotions etc. That would then also include MAP emails...

• Like 1

Hi everybody

Here is a small contribution from myself

This is a module that display the badge of yotpo into the right or the left column

below is how it looks like after installed (it use the default css of your theme)

yotpo.png

This module works on 1.5 it was not tested on other versions.

yotpobadge.zip

Hi,

I created an account to help translate french language, as KevinNash_fr.

There's no green spreadsheet button next to the languages, if I clic on french link a page open but there's nothing to translate in.

How can I do ?

Hi,

I created an account to help translate french language, as KevinNash_fr.

There's no green spreadsheet button next to the languages, if I clic on french link a page open but there's nothing to translate in.

How can I do ?

Hi Kevin,

I don't see that you have an account with http://www.getlocalization.com/yotpo.  To add a new language or update an existing one, please follow this guide: http://support.yotpo.com/entries/23734928-Adding-or-Updating-a-Language-in-Yotpo

Hi,

Yes I created an account this morning and I can log in with the name : KevinNash_fr

You must see it on your side.

Like I say earlier, there's no green spreadsheet button next to the languages, if I click on french link a page open but there's nothing to translate in.

I agree with this option, would like to see too that a MAP is sent once I changed the status of an order to delivered.

ALSO and VERY IMPORTANT for someone from the EU: spamming is prohibited in many if not all countries in the EU and penalties are high and hurt. In Germany e.g. spamming includes per latest court decisions also emails which are sent with the intention to gather reviews. So it would be VERY helpful if you could make an option that MAP emails are sent only to those customers who ticked the checkbox (when creating an account) that they agree to receive newsletter/promotions etc. That would then also include MAP emails...

I don't know the rules in other country, but in france, you can send emails relatives to an order without agreement of the costumer. And Yotpo emails are considered as emails relative to the order ;)

Yes, it´s important the first option: "sent once I changed the status of an order to delivered."

Regards!

Hi Kevin,

I don't see that you have an account with http://www.getlocalization.com/yotpo.  To add a new language or update an existing one, please follow this guide: http://support.yotpo.com/entries/23734928-Adding-or-Updating-a-Language-in-Yotpo

Hi so far so good, I can translate now :)

I have a question, on the bottom line where there is the stars, here for example http://test2.nashkevin.zz.mu/musique-ipods/1-ipod-nano.html we can click on the stars, as a link.

The link click do nothing, it just add #yoReviews at the end of the url in the browser, what is that for exactly ? It would be nice if that click open the review tab instead of doing nothing ;)

Its a bug, it is supposed to open the reviews section below but it does not. I dont use it anyway.

Just wanted to say ... this free review module looks, acts and is too good to be true! It is an amazing module, just wanted to say many thanks! Works fine with 1.5.5.0, although I still didn't receive the test email that the customers will receive after placing an order.

So in fact, I have solved my problems with the rich snippets.

It works correctly on the google test page

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freestyle-creation.com%2Faltimetres-et-altisons%2F67-altimetre-viplo-ft50.html

But since more than one week of waiting, the rich snippet are not still visible in the google resutls

https://www.google.fr/#q=altim%C3%A8tre+viplo+ft50 (on 3rd position in the results).

Do you think I have missed something ?

My rich snippets aren't showing either. PS 1.5.5 Yotpo 1.3.1 (and previous versions as well).

Other question for which I'm here:

There's an article on the Yotpo site on optimizing the speed of the Yotpo module.

One example in the article is to change:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js"></script>

to

<script type="text/javascript" src="//www.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js"></script>

However, I can't find this piece of code in the Yotpo module.

Anyone any idea on where this can be found?

Thanks

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freestyle-creation.com%2Faltimetres-et-altisons%2F67-altimetre-viplo-ft50.html

But since more than one week of waiting, the rich snippet are not still visible in the google resutls

https://www.google.fr/#q=altim%C3%A8tre+viplo+ft50 (on 3rd position in the results).

I don't think so, there is a problem, I don't know if it is because of Yotpo or bacause of Google and Bing.

Do you remember my example some days ago ?

• Like 1

Hey Pippo3000,

Because our emails are directly related to the purchase of a product there is no issues with breaking of spamming laws. In addition to that, we also allow your users to unsubscribe from Yotpo which will prevent them from receiving our mail after purchase emails in the future. 

Hi everybody

Here is a small contribution from myself

This is a module that display the badge of yotpo into the right or the left column

below is how it looks like after installed (it use the default css of your theme)

yotpo.png

This module works on 1.5 it was not tested on other versions.

This is amazing ghost4life!! Thanks for sharing.

Just wanted to say ... this free review module looks, acts and is too good to be true! It is an amazing module, just wanted to say many thanks! Works fine with 1.5.5.0, although I still didn't receive the test email that the customers will receive after placing an order.

Thanks for the kind words dolphspeed99. Can you try the test email again and if you don't receive it within a few minutes then please send an email to support@yotpo.com as you are meant to receive this email right away.

https://www.google.fr/#q=altimètre+viplo+ft50 (on 3rd position in the results).

I have doubled check and everything is set up correctly. It usually takes a day or two before the results appear in Google but I recommend that you wait a few more days and if they still don't appear then try posting this issue in a SEO forum as it might be related to the SEO of your site.

Hey Pippo3000,Because our emails are directly related to the purchase of a product there is no issues with breaking of spamming laws. In addition to that, we also allow your users to unsubscribe from Yotpo which will prevent them from receiving our mail after purchase emails in the future.

Sorry, not in Germany. Trusted Shops sends such emails too, asking for shop reviews. Latest court decision ruled that review requests may only be sent to customers who agreed to receive advertisements/newsletter. Review request emails were clearly defined to be spam otherwise.

Sorry, not in Germany. Trusted Shops sends such emails too, asking for shop reviews. Latest court decision ruled that review requests may only be sent to customers who agreed to receive advertisements/newsletter. Review request emails were clearly defined to be spam otherwise.

Hey Pippo3000,

What we recommend is seeing if there is a way to set up your account to only send us orders from customers which have checked that box. Unfortunately we don't have this option as part of the Yotpo solution. If this is a major concern for you then you can turn off the mail after purchase email and manually send requests to customers that have checked the box via our Burst Emails feature. The problem with this solution is that Burst Emails are only for site reviews and 97% of all product reviews come from the Mail After Purchase.

Hi. Nice module, but i cant get the widget translatet. I want the "you" "write you review" "review" and "post" translated to danish, but the "da" code doesnt do the trick, any1 can help?

I really don't understand why Rich Snippet does not work on my website :(

Could someone confirm me that rich snippet works well with prestashop 1.5.5 or 1.5.6 ?

I think it's Google related but I don't know why.

When I have new reviews, my snippets appear after some days but... after more days, the disappear forever :unsure:

What´s the changelog of version 1.3.2?

Regards!

would love to see that too, I once asked for it and they said they implemented it into the module zip file (there actually IS a changelog file) but so far there are no changes logged and the dates are fun, too, all from 2012...

What´s the changelog of version 1.3.2?

Regards!

would love to see that too, I once asked for it and they said they implemented it into the module zip file (there actually IS a changelog file) but so far there are no changes logged and the dates are fun, too, all from 2012...

Our Prestashop developer is currently on vacation, he will be back next week. Once he's back I will ask him about the changes for version 1.3.2.

The year in the changelog is wrong, it should read 2013, we only released our integration with Prestashop this year. 

Hi. Nice module, but i cant get the widget translatet. I want the "you" "write you review" "review" and "post" translated to danish, but the "da" code doesnt do the trick, any1 can help?

This seems like a bug on our end. Would you mind sending an email to support@yotpo.com with a screenshot showing the english buttons on your site and a description of the issue?

Thanks.

We are running PS 1.4.8 and are unable to get the rich snippets working. In rich snippets test page it all look good but it will not show up in real Google search.

First we tested 3-4 weeks with rich snippets activated in both BO and Yotpo admin, as instructed. Now for the last 2-3 weeks we have activated the rich snippets only in BO (since this also give the correct result in test page) but also this fail and will not show result in real Google search.

Advice truly appreciated from anyone who has it working.

Yotpo, just realized (did you mention or promote this somewhere?) that you offer now the 'embedded widget' for reviews/top rates products. nice. But 3 things for your developer, once s/he is back from vacation:

1. please make width adjustable; I e.g. have a left column with limited space and the stars are 'cut off' at the right side when I just tested the widget. I would need to squeeze the widget into my available space by adjusting the width manually.

2. more important, please make the links open in the same window; or at least offer an option for _blank for those who want to use this option. I would use the widget on my shop page and it does not make sense that a product opens in a new window if a customer clicks on a review. he should instead remain on the page.

3. Last but not least, I can set my widget settings and then generate the code. great. But I would also love to actually save my widget settings liks I can do it for other settings. Otherwise if I want to make changes I have to trial and error to find my previous settings.

Thanks for listening and your great module

Phil

Hey Pippo3000,

What we recommend is seeing if there is a way to set up your account to only send us orders from customers which have checked that box. Unfortunately we don't have this option as part of the Yotpo solution. If this is a major concern for you then you can turn off the mail after purchase email and manually send requests to customers that have checked the box via our Burst Emails feature. The problem with this solution is that Burst Emails are only for site reviews and 97% of all product reviews come from the Mail After Purchase.

Hi Yotpo, another possibility would be to send the MAP basically together with the system based delivery or shipped email, i.e. that one which tells the customer that his order was shipped or even delivered. THAT would be truly related to the purchase (but any separate email is not). Please consider whether you can provide some code which I can add to such email which then shows the review mask like in the MAP email. The tricky part would be to determine which product the customer wants to review but maybe a radio button/drop down would work? Anyway, would be great if that could be sorted out for product reviews.

For the site reviews I indeed already copied/pasted the code into the 'shipped' email. And for the MAPs I added a line to our T&Cs and data protection clause, 'warning' customers that they will receive MAPs from Yotpo when they use our page.

Thanks

Phil

Oh, another one since I just added the badge to my page: when I click on the badge a popup opens, showing the actual reviews. fine. but the header of that popup window reads 

THESE ARE REAL REVIEWS 
FROM REAL SHOPPERS

Would not be an issue but my shop is German. Everything else in that popup window is German but that header. So there should be no English wording. Checked with Get Localization, there are no untranslated strings and especially this one IS translated. Why doesn't that show online then?

On a side note. also noticed that when I clicked on the badge there were no product reviews. Though I do have quite a few for my shop. Then noticed that when the badge is clicked while on the home page all product reviews are shown. Whereas when on a specific product page only reviews for that specific product are shown (which was 0 in my case). Is that a 'feature' or shouldn't I see ALL product reviews when I click on the badge (even if I am on a product page)? I mean, the product reviews I have anyway already under each product. So it would be more helpful if the customer sees all (other) reviews when he clicks on the badge even if he is on a specific product page already...

I optimized the Yotpo-module according to this instruction.

The file that needs to be changed for PS is in the Yotpo-module Yotpo.php.

On line 106 change this:

<script src="https://www.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js"></script>

To

<script type="text/javascript">
(function(){function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=!0,e.src="//staticwww.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)}window.attachEvent?window.attachEvent("onload",e):window.addEventListener("load",e,!1)})();
</script>

According to Pingdomtools.com my site is about 0,5 sec. faster, which is quite a big deal in terms of usability and SEO.

Apart from this: I also installed the Embedded Widget.

I just copied the text into one of my blockcategory modules, and it looks fine.

Now all customers can see that recent reviews are generated. Even for products or categories without reviews.

Now every customer has a reference like other paid reviewsystems like Ekomy.

You can see it at my website: Smartphone Cases .

Thanks Yotpo - A very happy user!

Thank you for the informations :)

Why isn't Yotpo module already optimized ?

Or why isn't it an optimized version to download ?

I don't like to change code by myself but everybody wants more speed on their website no ? ;)

Just give it a try. You can backup the original file and restore it if the code doesn't work...

Good idea, I will try tonight, thanks for the help.

Your modification is point 3 in the instructions, what about points 1 and 2 is it possible for us Prestashop users ?

Actually it's the three combined. All the changes in the article seem to address one line. I did them all, and then this is the end result, which works fine for me.

OK so I just need to change line 106 like this :

On line 106 change this:

To

(function(){function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=!0,e.src="//staticwww.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)}window.attachEvent?window.attachEvent("onload",e):window.addEventListener("load",e,!1)})();

We are running PS 1.4.8 and are unable to get the rich snippets working. In rich snippets test page it all look good but it will not show up in real Google search.

First we tested 3-4 weeks with rich snippets activated in both BO and Yotpo admin, as instructed. Now for the last 2-3 weeks we have activated the rich snippets only in BO (since this also give the correct result in test page) but also this fail and will not show result in real Google search.

Advice truly appreciated from anyone who has it working.

We are aware that some users aren't seeing their rich snippets in Google search results even though the integration is set up correctly. Our R&D team are investigating this issue and once we have an update I will post it within this thread.

Yotpo, just realized (did you mention or promote this somewhere?) that you offer now the 'embedded widget' for reviews/top rates products. nice. But 3 things for your developer, once s/he is back from vacation:

1. please make width adjustable; I e.g. have a left column with limited space and the stars are 'cut off' at the right side when I just tested the widget. I would need to squeeze the widget into my available space by adjusting the width manually.

2. more important, please make the links open in the same window; or at least offer an option for _blank for those who want to use this option. I would use the widget on my shop page and it does not make sense that a product opens in a new window if a customer clicks on a review. he should instead remain on the page.

3. Last but not least, I can set my widget settings and then generate the code. great. But I would also love to actually save my widget settings liks I can do it for other settings. Otherwise if I want to make changes I have to trial and error to find my previous settings.

Thanks for listening and your great module

Phil

Thanks for the amazing feedback Pippo3000. I have forwarded all these to our head of product and I'm sure we will take them into consideration for version 2.0 of Embedded Widgets.

Hi Yotpo, another possibility would be to send the MAP basically together with the system based delivery or shipped email, i.e. that one which tells the customer that his order was shipped or even delivered. THAT would be truly related to the purchase (but any separate email is not). Please consider whether you can provide some code which I can add to such email which then shows the review mask like in the MAP email. The tricky part would be to determine which product the customer wants to review but maybe a radio button/drop down would work? Anyway, would be great if that could be sorted out for product reviews.

For the site reviews I indeed already copied/pasted the code into the 'shipped' email. And for the MAPs I added a line to our T&Cs and data protection clause, 'warning' customers that they will receive MAPs from Yotpo when they use our page.

Thanks

Phil

We are working on improving our logic so that you will have more control over when the Mail After Purchase emails are sent out. I'm afraid that this will take some time but we are starting to work on it this week. The power of Yotpo is in collecting reviews directly from the Mail After Purchase emails so providing a link just doesn't work as well.

Oh, another one since I just added the badge to my page: when I click on the badge a popup opens, showing the actual reviews. fine. but the header of that popup window reads 

THESE ARE REAL REVIEWS 

FROM REAL SHOPPERS

Would not be an issue but my shop is German. Everything else in that popup window is German but that header. So there should be no English wording. Checked with Get Localization, there are no untranslated strings and especially this one IS translated. Why doesn't that show online then?

On a side note. also noticed that when I clicked on the badge there were no product reviews. Though I do have quite a few for my shop. Then noticed that when the badge is clicked while on the home page all product reviews are shown. Whereas when on a specific product page only reviews for that specific product are shown (which was 0 in my case). Is that a 'feature' or shouldn't I see ALL product reviews when I click on the badge (even if I am on a product page)? I mean, the product reviews I have anyway already under each product. So it would be more helpful if the customer sees all (other) reviews when he clicks on the badge even if he is on a specific product page already...

Can you please send me your website so I can check this issue with our support team. The behavior of the badge that you described is normal and works the same way as the Testimonials tab. I agree with you that it would be better to show all the reviews rather than none when on a page with zero reviews. I will email this suggestion to our head of product.

I optimized the Yotpo-module according to this instruction.

The file that needs to be changed for PS is in the Yotpo-module Yotpo.php.

On line 106 change this:

To

</script>

According to Pingdomtools.com my site is about 0,5 sec. faster, which is quite a big deal in terms of usability and SEO.

Apart from this: I also installed the Embedded Widget.

I just copied the text into one of my blockcategory modules, and it looks fine.

Now all customers can see that recent reviews are generated. Even for products or categories without reviews.

Now every customer has a reference like other paid reviewsystems like Ekomy.

You can see it at my website: Smartphone Cases .

Thanks Yotpo - A very happy user!

So happy to hear. If you have any other questions or would like to know how to better use Yotpo then please let me know.

Actually it's the three combined. All the changes in the article seem to address one line. I did them all, and then this is the end result, which works fine for me.

Thanks so much for helping out Christiaan.

Thanks so much for helping out Christiaan.

Yotpo, I trust that you will add those changes to the 'official' code soon so I do not need to mess around with the code myself (which would surely lead to terrific results since I am in no way a programmer). Best, Phil

I use this module from 6 months in my shoe's shop it's very useful. Good job :-) 

Thanks. Happy to hear you are finding it useful. All the best.

Introducing Embedded Widgets

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know about a brand new feature we launched last week called Embedded Widgets. 

With Embedded Widgets, you can show off your top products or most recent reviews in a customizable widget that you can embed on any of your web pages.

Below is an example of such a widget. You can see the widget live here.

embedded-widgets2.png

To embed your widget now, log into Yotpo and click on Customize in the top menu and then on Embedded Widget. 

Let us know what you think and reply with the URL of the page where we can all see your embedded widget/s.

Thank you for the informations :)

Why isn't Yotpo module already optimized ?

Or why isn't it an optimized version to download ?

I don't like to change code by myself but everybody wants more speed on their website no ? ;)

Yotpo, I trust that you will add those changes to the 'official' code soon so I do not need to mess around with the code myself (which would surely lead to terrific results since I am in no way a programmer). Best, Phil

The suggested changes will be incorporated in the future to the original code. We first wanted to make sure that the code is stabilized and only then let all of our less technical customers use it.

• Like 1

Hi,

I tested this widget on my shop. It works well but I have two comments:

1- links to products open in target="_blank"
2- the url to the products are changed: normal url + yotpo  parameters (this can be considered to duplicate content)

yotpo, a feature request for users in germany, at least. per a recent german court decision it is not allowed to offer vouchers in return for customer reviews unless this is mentioned explicitely, see http://www.shopbetreiber-blog.de/2011/09/19/darf-man-seinen-kunden-gutscheine-fur-positive-bewertungen-anbieten/ (though in german, google seems to translate this rather good here: http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.shopbetreiber-blog.de%2F2011%2F09%2F19%2Fdarf-man-seinen-kunden-gutscheine-fur-positive-bewertungen-anbieten%2F).

The court decision in question complained about a shop owner offering 10% vouchers for any review and even 25% for any review which was marked in average as 'helpful' by other customers/visitors. The court ruled that such vouchers cannot be offered unless it is stated explicitely that vouchers are granted for reviews. 

So the feature request is that you offer a tick box in the dashboard which enables some custom text which is shown under the review summary (with the average stars top left), see attached pic.In that text I would then need to state something like "5% vouchers are offered for any review, regardless of the star rating".

This may be a very special feature, no idea how this is handled at least in other countries of the european union but it would help to use the full potential of your yotpo review system at least in germany.

best

phil

post-111175-0-19909400-1382428003_thumb.png

Me again. Just clicked again on our badge which nicely opens and shows - though in English, see my earliest post - the real reviews from real shoppers. But then I realized that anybody can leave a shop / site review. Unlike product reviews via MAP I cannot see verified reviewers. So what is the intention to claim reviews from real shoppers instead of 'Surfers' or just 'People'?

Just asking because in Germany (yes I know, me again) misleading statements can easily result in injunctions and damages and this here indeed seems misleading if anybody can leave a shop review? A competitor of you uses the order ID to identify together with email whether indeed a real shopper leaves a review.

Any comments on this?

Phil

Is the problem with the dutch payment provider already solved?

Hi,

I tested this widget on my shop. It works well but I have two comments:

1- links to products open in target="_blank"

2- the url to the products are changed: normal url + yotpo  parameters (this can be considered to duplicate content)

The change to make the links open the product pages within the same window has been added to our plans for the next version of the Embedded Widgets.

I recommend placing canonical links on all your pages . You can read more about this here - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139394?hl=en, this is a standard SEO practice.