Yotpo

[Free Module] Product Reviews - Dramatically increase your reviews

What is your module version and Prestashop version ?

PS 1.6.1.4 with yotpo module version 1.4.0

Thanks

You use a very old and outdated module version who doesn't work with the actual widget.

Please download correct module 1.4.2 here https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/prestashop-installing-yotpo

Thanks Kevin, now it works! 

Take note that on yotpo Dashboard, under Tools -> On Site -> Star Rating there is still the old module link for download: https://s3.amazonaws.com/yotpo-presta-shop/yotpo.zip

Best regards,

Simone

Damn it was just that ! I'll told them about it :P

Finally we succeed, very Glad to help :)

How did you do to have that nice green color on Yotpo stars ? I am interested ;)

Hello Kewin 

since I was member Bricofera we updated the modue we now see the comments, everything is perfect !!!! many thanks !, but there 'a problem .........
we no longer receive any comments, we change the order status, and after five days it should get the email, but it is not brought anything to the customers
if I do the TEST test works, but customers do not get anything
it may be that the code that we have copied the old MODULE is different from that of the new module or there may be another problem
Many thanks for your help !

Did you set the email trigger status in yotpo module config ?

If yes, I suggest you to fully uninstall/delete the module and do a brand new installation, you won't loose any review.

After that, you can use the " submit past orders " button in yotpo module config and see if the emails are sent :)

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

If yes, I suggest you to fully uninstall/delete the module and do a brand new installation, you won't loose any review.

After that, you can use the " submit past orders " button in yotpo module config and see if the emails are sent :)

this is a page but is impossible save the mail info.png

Like I said the mail after purchase trigger is in the yotpo module setting, not the yotpo dashboard :

attachicon.gifYotpo.png

everything was perfect
the email text works, but does not reach the customer when we change the order status
abbWe set that mails are sent seven days after we've changed was working, but not really anything to get email neither

everything was perfect
the email text works, but does not reach the customer when we change the order status
abbWe set that mails are sent seven days after we've changed was working, but not really anything to get email neither

no, also the test tmail does not send any email, is a disaster  :)

Weird :(

Do you see a number of emails sent on your dashboard https://yap.yotpo.com/#/tools/legacy_dashboard ?

I advise you to contact yotpo support, they can give you a file with all the email sent with the dates.

thanks for the reply

8 mails were sent in November when we had installed the old module that sent the email but did not display the comments on the web

now with the new module we see the comments but were never sent more email, are missing at least 200

there is the possibility to send them manually via a link

we contacted the support but not respond to us

thanks for the reply

8 mails were sent in November when we had installed the old module that sent the email but did not display the comments on the web

now with the new module we see the comments but were never sent more email, are missing at least 200

there is the possibility to send them manually via a link

we contacted the support but not respond to us

I have no words, they replied from assistance and tell me that the basic plan are not sent more than 50 mails per month, but if they have posted a total of only 8 and processed orders are + 200, other 42 email what happened

How can you know they didn't sent the 50 emails ?

I think they did, that's not because 50 customers receive review request that you will have 50 reviews, that would be too easy.

If you got 8 reviews on 50 emails sent, that's a very good rate ;)

They can send you a .csv file with the emails they sent, please ask it to support.

I spent several hours trying to install on my theme leotheme game gear ... but I did not succeed in any way.

I made changes to the product.tpl file of theme, but to no success as well.

PLEASE if anyone can help me, my website is: www.infoservs.com.br

Hi,

I see a review here http://www.infoservs.com.br/teclados/113-teclado-multilaser-slim-standard-usb-preto-tc065.html but it isn't a yotpo one.

I also don't see any yotpo related code in your source code ?

Did you installed yotpo module ? What changes did you made in your product.tpl ?

I uninstall the module today because I could not get it to work.

but when i install leotheme game gear ... dont work

I'm going to install again right now.

OK ...

846ce608b33744f19f3dc8f0394733bb.png

07c081b9f2334c6d8d5ee096fea0d83c.png

Sorry.... This comment has been made no module Product Comments

I do not understand why the productqna module made by nemo appears, but the yotpo module does not appear at all

when i try manual code at product.tpl  nothing happens again

When i use "default theme" prestashop 1.6   yotpo  works perfect... i tested yesterday 

but when i change my theme to leotheme gamegear .... i try everthing but yotpo was the only module i can´t did it work at my website http://www.infoservs.com.br/

and i did a lot of things... i have installed XAMPP ... installed prestashop at my localhost ... same things everytime

i really think the problem was the theme my store use leotheme game gear

Edited by Fábio Vieira (see edit history)

Hummm I think so too.

Just try to do thhis simple test :

Choose footer in Yotpo module configuration, try default theme and try the leotheme gamegear.

If you see the Yotpo widget on default theme only, that means the leotheme somehow hide yotpo widget.

If you want to join it on a post here I can take a look at your product.tpl and see if the manually added yotpo code is at the right place.

Hummm I think so too.

Just try to do thhis simple test :

Choose footer in Yotpo module configuration, try default theme and try the leotheme gamegear.

If you see the Yotpo widget on default theme only, that means the leotheme somehow hide yotpo widget.

If you want to join it on a post here I can take a look at your product.tpl and see if the manually added yotpo code is at the right place.

Yes i did. I choose footer.. and default theme PERFECT ... when i choose leotheme game gear again... yotopo somehow hides

i put a copy of leotheme game gear product.tpl  at my host, if can help "where" i can put yotpo code... i ll be happy

http://www.infoservs.com.br/softwares/product.tpl

5110d61e5e7b4b769a4bedfe89b08aa0.png

ffcd287f5ca64e8f9fa98ee896ea2d34.png

I already tried to move the yotpo hook to other columns, but it is impossible. What I find incredible is that the nemo module prestaqna is in the correct position.

Edited by Fábio Vieira (see edit history)

Try to add yotpo code kust after the following lines in your product.tpl :

</div> <!-- end primary_block -->
    {if !$content_only}
    {/if}

Final code should be :

{if !$content_only}
{/if}    

<div class="yotpo yotpo-main-widget"
data-product-id="{$yotpoProductId|intval}"
data-name="{$yotpoProductName|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-url="{$link->getProductLink($smarty.get.id_product, $smarty.get.id_product.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-image-url="{$yotpoProductImageUrl|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-description="{$yotpoProductDescription|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-lang="{$yotpoLanguage|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
{$richSnippetsCode|escape:'UTF-8'}
</div> 

If that doesn't work, you should contact leotheme maker to ask why it stops external js call.

Try to add yotpo code kust after the following lines in your product.tpl :

{if !$content_only}
    {/if}

Final code should be :

{if !$content_only}
{/if}    

data-url="{$link->getProductLink($smarty.get.id_product, $smarty.get.id_product.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
</div> 

If that doesn't work, you should contact leotheme maker to ask why it stops external js call.

Thanks Kevin! I ll try now... if don´t work... i ll give up leotheme and back to default cause i really need an automatic review system

I tired, I did everything I could do. I pasted the code everywhere imaginable. Uninstalled, Installed multiple times.

Summary: default theme perfect ... leotheme does not work.

I will stay with Yotpo, as it is a matter of need and evaluation of my catalog. I'm a small merchant, but I need product reviews. I really thank you very much for your quick support Kevin. You're to be congratulated!  :)

You are very welcome Fabio :) I wish you all the success you deserve  :) 

You won't be disappointed with Yotpo, I use it for more than 3 years now.

The mails after purchase settings are very powerful and Yotpo support is really awesome.

You are very welcome Fabio :) I wish you all the success you deserve  :)

You won't be disappointed with Yotpo, I use it for more than 3 years now.

The mails after purchase settings are very powerful and Yotpo support is really awesome.

Thanks Kevin! The Website now is perfect ... i back to default theme cause i really need Yotpo .. i read a lot of good reviews about yotpo module

I also need a system that automatically sends emails to buyers, before I did it manually, but it is very tiring for me

I really liked this forum, I'll do my best to participate and present here my experiences in prestashop

Thanks for all Kevin ... 

• Like 1

Hey!

I'm working on Prestashop 1.7.0.6

However, when I am going on a page of my product i got "500 server Error"

And when  I change the widget location Other instead of Footer, the page is working but I don't have any modules of Yopto.

What do you think about this problem?

When you choose other, to see yotpo widget, you must add the following code in your theme product.tpl :

</div> 
  • Like 1

Hey! :)

I used the classic theme of Prestashop version 1.7.06, I add Yotpo, the code in the product.tpl for the classic theme but I didn't have the module :(

Someone help ?

What is your Yotpo module version ?

Can you add the code with the yotpo module activated and share your website url so I can take a look ?

Hi! Sorry I was in holidays.

The last one, I downloaded on the Yopto website.

Done. 

Code added in Product.tpl in theme classic.

http://frenchfoodworld.x10host.com/en/home/30-mont-d-or-aop.html

I have Yotpo in the code, I try to order and I am waiting the mail of Yotpo to let a reviews but I never receive a mail ._.

Edited by Hawklyy (see edit history)

Hi, I like your shop, I am french ;)

I suggest you to ask Yotpo support to be sure it is compatible with PS1.7 but I think it isn't :(

On my side, I tried for you on a fresh PS 1.7.1.0 install, nothing appear if I add the code in the product.tpl and the product page crash if I choose footer in Yotpo module configuration.

Sorry to not be able to help more :unsure:

Hey! Ahah "Vive la France!"

Yes it is exactly this problem I have when I put Footer. But when I put other with the code nothing appear, but I can write the reviews and the reviews are on Yotpo dashboard...

I will ;)

Many Thanks ;) 

Sorry I would like to said Other not Footer. With Footer I have an error. 

when I put other with the code nothing appear, but I can write the reviews and the reviews are on Yotpo dashboard...

Where do you write the review ? I don't understand how you can write a review if the widget doesn't work ?

Hey!

I am writing the reviews thanks to the Email sent by Yotpo.

I can read the reviews on the Yotpo dashboard but I can't see them on the product page

Hello!

I just install the Yotpo free module on my PrestaShop (1.6.1.13) Warehouse theme, and I'm facing with the folowing problems: why the 5 stars on the review tab (on product page) are red and not yellow, and the other thing... why they appear under the product picture and not on the right side of the product picture? I attach a picture to figure out what I am tring to tell you. Thank you! 

post-1084394-0-11782700-1493837838_thumb.jpg

I removed the (5 red stars review) from the bottom of the product picture, but I dont know how to add the module on the (displayProductButtons) Did I miss something? Please help me. Thank you, yours Alexandra.

Edited by Alexandra-Ionela (see edit history)

Hello,

For the red stars, I am not sure, do you use custom css in Yotpo dashboard ? If you PM me your website url, I can take a look ;)

To move the stars bottomline location, go to yotpo module configuration and try to choose Right column setting to see if it is correct for you.

If it is not correct for you , please select Other and add the following code ( don't use the code provided in the module, mine is an updated one ) to your product.tpl, at the place you want the bottomline to be :

<div class="yotpo bottomLine"
data-appkey="{$yotpoAppkey|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-domain="{$yotpoDomain|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-product-models="{$yotpoProductModel|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-url="{$yotpoProductLink|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-bread-crumbs="{$yotpoProductBreadCrumbs|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
</div>

Hello,

For the red stars, I am not sure, do you use custom css in Yotpo dashboard ? If you PM me your website url, I can take a look ;)

To move the stars bottomline location, go to yotpo module configuration and try to choose Right column setting to see if it is correct for you.

If it is not correct for you , please select Other and add the following code ( don't use the code provided in the module, mine is an updated one ) to your product.tpl, at the place you want the bottomline to be :

<div class="yotpo bottomLine"
data-appkey="{$yotpoAppkey|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-domain="{$yotpoDomain|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-product-models="{$yotpoProductModel|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-url="{$yotpoProductLink|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
data-bread-crumbs="{$yotpoProductBreadCrumbs|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"
</div>

I am not using any custom css code on Yotpo dashbord. I tried to move the stars on the right column but I didn't notice any change. Can I put the code in te custom CSS theme field, the warehouse theme gives me that option. The site is in maintenance mode, even if I give you the site link you will not be able to acces the site. Thank you for trying to help me.

Hello,

you are welcome :)

The code must absolutely be in your theme/product.tpl file, that's not css code.

That way you can choose the exact location for the bottom line on your product page.

I suppose your custom theme must override the yellow stars color by a red one.

If you want me to take a look, I can PM you my IP so you can add it under maintenance mode settings.

Hello,

you are welcome :)

The code must absolutely be in your theme/product.tpl file, that's not css code.

That way you can choose the exact location for the bottom line on your product page.

I suppose your custom theme must override the yellow stars color by a red one.

If you want me to take a look, I can PM you my IP so you can add it under maintenance mode settings.

You were right, the custom theme overridees the color of stars to red, I found that option in the theme settings. I was surprised to find out that the theme have the option in the theme settings to show the rating stars on product list pages (see the picture bellow) so I don't need that code to put it in the product.tpl file. In other words my problem is solved. thank you for your help, yours Ionela.

post-1084394-0-47410900-1493882943_thumb.jpg

Another thing, when I click on the number of reviews (the one located under the product name on the product page, why it didn't automatically open the product reviews tab? From what I've noticed if I setup to open the Yotpo widget location in the page footer it opens it but when I setup in Tab it didn't opens it. Can someone help me with a custom code ?

post-1084394-0-05198300-1493884214_thumb.jpg

Hello,

The prestashop review tab can't be opened by clicking on the stars bottomline, the reviews must be visible on the product page.

If you choose footer or other location, the click will open the reviews widget.

On my opinion, I advise you to choose footer for the reviews, experience told me that customers don't click too much on tabs ;)

Hello,

The prestashop review tab can't be opened by clicking on the stars bottomline, the reviews must be visible on the product page.

If you choose footer or other location, the click will open the reviews widget.

On my opinion, I advise you to choose footer for the reviews, experience told me that customers don't click too much on tabs ;)

Thank you Kevin! I set it to open in the footer.  ;)

Hiya all!

I got a problem with this modules:

When i click over "submit past orders"  I got only this: "Failure"

In the top left of the module, inside prestashop.

Using PS 1.6.1.9

Can some good boy help me?

Hi as i read on yotpo website

"Yotpo is compatible with Prestashop versions 1.4.0.1 to 1.6.0.11 only."

can i use it on prestashop 1.6.1.x ??? no bugs?

Hello,

I suppose Yotpo website wasn't updated to last prestashop version.

Good news, I tested it for you on a brand new prestashop 1.6.1.14 and it Yotpo works like a charm :)

I suppose Yotpo website wasn't updated to latest prestashop version.

Good news, I tested it on a brand new prestashop 1.6.1.16 and Yotpo works like a charm

I'm having problems with this module.

I'm running Prestashop 1.6.1.11 and I installed Yotpo 1.4.4 but it still won't show up.

The console is giving me this:

"POST http://staticw2.yotpo.com/batch 500 (Internal Server Error)"

Other times it says that yQuery is missing.

I checked the code and in fact, http://www.yotpo.com/js/yQuery.js is missing.

Also tried to reinstall the module. Is anyone having the same problem as me?

Hello,

Here's 1.4.3 module version, maybe it can help, please try it :)

attachicon.gifyotpo1.4.3.zip

It works! thank you.

Though I'm having problems with the module as it keeps hooking on top of everything in the center column of the website that I'm working on. Is there a way to push it down the page? I already tried to create a new hook but it keeps popping top of the banner.

https://ibb.co/gZHVDa

is there a way I can push it down the page?

edit:

Somewhat fixed it but it still prints the testimonials on top together with the testimonials on the bottom.

Edited by antoniopuglisidbcz10 (see edit history)

I cant find prices. I need to send my costumers mails for reviews. Cca 2000 mails per month. Is that included in free module?

Hello,

I think free plan include 300 orders mail after purchase request.

For the price, it is calculated specially for you with parameters like company size, numbers of emails to send...

You can request a free demo here https://www.yotpo.com/pricing/ :)

Hello, Yotpo still support Prestashop.

Rich Snippets need a paid plan at Yotpo, it isn't available on the free plan.

Do you have a paid plan ? In that case you must also activate the Rich Snippets option in your Yotpo dashboard.

​It is the standard vampirism of so many companies nowadays :(

​They start with free conditions. Only after having customers on their needle to tighten conditons for profit. Anyways, we were the first German customer of Yotpo years ago according to their support. Yes! they even called us several times via phone. I was fine with Yotpo since I wasnt with TrustedShop nor Ekomi at that time. SEO and Snippets were promised as free to us. Now, no one can remember any of that on Yotpos side. I will not blame them for that since that is natural :) However, I would like to know now how to migrate back from Yotpo to Presta's own (or any mod of it) product comments/review system. At least Yotpo allows to export reviews via CSV as far as I am aware of. Is there a know or even legal way to manipulate that data into a SQL or so I could import into shops' db?

Hello,

I made some modifications and module from attachment should be compatible with Prestashop 1.7(only 1.7 do not use this version with older Prestashop).

if you instaleld older module version on ps 1.7 uninstall it first and then install versiom from attachment.

yotpo.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was not working. Old version using old hooks name etc.

In fixed version module use prestashop renderWidget method, it allows to show in productFooter or in extraContent(which is usually tab and it is new feature of ps 1.7)

Old version also create new Product object wich is not efficient, modified version base on already passed variables too hook

If you in contact with yotpo team, you can let them now they can use my version or modify it if needed

Hi, 

i was realy delighted to see you made an adjustment to the yotpo module so it would work again on prestashop 1,7
Then after testing I noticed I get an error 500 on the checkout page when trying to pay for a product.

After disabling the yotpo module checkout works again.

The picture is an output after enabling debug mode.

It would be great if you could help me!
Currently I am trying to migrate to 1.7, But want to keep my 1000+ product reviews.

Any help is appreciated!!

Kind regards Dennis

Knipsel.PNG

Hello,

Go to modules/positions and unhook Yotpo module from displayOrderConfirmation and see if that helps.

If it works you will loose conversion tracking on Yotpo dashboard.

Hi,

Unfortunatly that does not work, still the same error.

removed the Yotpo module from displayOrderConfirmation but issue persist!

Kind regards 

Dennis

I'll contact Yotpo about PS1.7 compatibility, I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

At which step exactly do you get the error 500 ?

When you add a product to the shopping cart and hit "Buy", so the content of the shoping basket normaly would display.

So in the first step /cart?action=show

Really need this module to work!!

yotpo issue.PNG

Yotpo stopped supporting PrestaShop midway through last year. There are no plans for a 1.7 version of the module as far as I know. 

I need Yotpo to work or migrate all my 1000+ reviews to another system!
The module provided in this trhead is working, I can see and add reviews.
The only remaining issue is a error 500 on the checkout page.

It must be possible to fix

Edited by dtgmaze (see edit history)

yotpo confirmed to me today that there is no plan for now to support PS1.7.

They still do their best to support versions they had integration module like PS1.5 and PS1.6.

Hello!
I installed the Yotpo module in my Prestashop 1.6.1 and I love it. But I have some doubt.

1. Can I import the opinions that I already have in my store but from another module? Specifically, they are in the module "comment on the product", within Prestashop.

2. I have configured the module so that it sends the request for an opinion to the client when the status of the order is "delivered". In case the client does not leave your comment, can I resend the email again? Individually, deciding which person I ask again.

3. Finally, if I configure the section where I choose in which order statuses to request the opinion of the product, and update, would I send the email again to all orders with that status?

I await your help. Thank you very much!

Hello :)

1. Yes you can import reviews from another system, you must create an import file for that https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/importing-your-reviews-to-yotpo

2. You can configure and send many Mail After Purchase reminders in your Yotpo dashboard. You can't select them individually, it will be all or nothing and will be send to the customer Prestashop email.

3. If you change the order status request, the email will be sent only if you trigger this status in the order.

I hope I helped you a little bit :)

I would advice not to start with yotpo anymore, It had No support or working module for prestashop 1.7 . So if you ever want to upgrade your 1.6 you’re product reviews Will be unusable 

No, they won't be lost at all, you can eventually export Yotpo reviews in a .csv file with a simple click :)

Yes you are right, you can export them. But the yotpo Solution is not future proof for a prestashop owner.

hace 18 horas, KevinNash dijo:

Hello :)

1. Yes you can import reviews from another system, you must create an import file for that https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/importing-your-reviews-to-yotpo

2. You can configure and send many Mail After Purchase reminders in your Yotpo dashboard. You can't select them individually, it will be all or nothing and will be send to the customer Prestashop email.

3. If you change the order status request, the email will be sent only if you trigger this status in the order.

I hope I helped you a little bit :)

Good Morning.

Thank you for responding and offering your help so quickly.

I followed the tutorial to create an Excel file with the old opinions of my online store, and I sent it to the Yotpo technical service to import it into my store. I hope I have done well!

Regarding emails, yesterday I consulted a client and did not receive the email from Yotpo with the request of his opinion. Do you know what the problem may be? It is configured to send when the orders are in the status of "delivered", but apparently do not receive it.

Thanks and best regards.

The mail after purchase is sent after a number of days.

You can modify this number in your Yotpo dashboard, mine is set at 14 days after the shipped status.

En 3/2/2018 a las 6:28 PM, KevinNash dijo:

The mail after purchase is sent after a number of days.

You can modify this number in your Yotpo dashboard, mine is set at 14 days after the shipped status.

Ok, Thanks...

And how many days does the Yotpo team take to meet my request to import my excell file?

I don't know, I never did it myself I am with Yotpo since the beginning.

Yotpo support is really awesome so I guess it should be fast :)

hace 4 minutos, KevinNash dijo:

I don't know, I never did it myself I am with Yotpo since the beginning.

Yotpo support is really awesome so I guess it should be fast :)

Oh, Sorry. Thanks a lot :)

Hello again.

Yotpo's team has already imported the opinions I had previously on my page. But some products that do have a rating of 1-5 stars does not show that in the list of products. Others do, but several of them show zero stars, and when you enter the page of the chosen product you can see an opinion, but not the rating of stars.
Do you know what is the problem or what is the problem? Thank you!

Hello

I just installed the module, looks nice

I've done all the setup, but I have a problem.

It seems the emails to ask a review after an order are not sent. 

After clicking on "submit past orders", I've got a failure notice

What should I do?

Thanks 

Hi, please contact Yotpo support they can tell you exactly how many emails were sent to your customers :)