Shipping + Multi carriers Service

I use UPS and Royal Mail for my shipping, and both companies offer different services.

For example:

UPS Express

UPS Express Plus

UPS Express Saver

RM 1st Class

RM 2nd Class

RM Special Delivery

So that 6 services across 2 carriers. How on earth do I get these into my shop?

I calculate my shipping cost based on over all weight, but the weight can fall into 4 of the 6 types of service.

Thanks for looking

regards

J@MT

I just set up a carrier for each service. Set the weight ranges like you need. Make sure the zones are correct. I find its best to set up your own custom zones. I'm in the US, so I broke up North America by separating out the USA into it's own zone. Mexico and Canada are left in North America together since the postage is the same for me. I used the other zones unchanged.

My cart shows the options based on price as default and you put a shipping time on each carrier so they can choose on price or time.

I prefer weight based shipping with a shipping module. I use modules from Presto-Changeo which are much more flexible than the free ones. They work very well with my USPS Mail options as long as the zones and states are all properly set.The paid shipping module I have allows price changes based on carrier, so you can add a % or fixed amount for the EU or Asia etc.

So, I have a carrier set up for one service, and then another for a quicker service and such. If two are in the same weight range the cart shows both options. My shipping module creates the carriers and then you use the shipping tab to edit them for weight or price, zone etc..The Changeo modules also work in the cart and have buttons for shipping quotes that can be used without a signed in customer. So, they can see the actual shipping by just putting in the zip and country.

Hope that made sense. It works for me. Regardless, you can set up the carrier for each service type and use a flat rate or a module of some sort to calculate. Shipping modules vary in what they can do from the free options to the paid.

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)