bigger images in featured products

Go to the preferences tab and select images. There you will find the default image sizes and you can change them. Keep in mind that you still must keep the sizes compatible with the layout. I think you will want the homedefault pics. When viewing your shop just right click the image source and see what the default image size is. Your source pics need to relate to the aspect ratio to look right. Going too large will mess with your theme layout, but I also increased the size of my pics too. They were pretty small to start with IMO.

Hello,

I am also having the same problem. I would like to resize the featured products image size and delete the short descriptions.

I modified the homefeatured.tpl as specified on another thread and created another image folder..

image folder: featured_default image size is 210x250

To delete text:

<!--<div class="product_desc"><a href="{$product.link}" title="{l s='More' mod='homefeatured'}">{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:65:'...'}</a></div>-->

I tried to comment out the description but that did not work in homefeatured.tpl

I am using the latest version.

A read something about changing the BO Performance/force compilation.. I turned FC to ON. No changes noticed. When I edited the HTML directly in the browser, the text was gone? Not sure why when I upload changes in homefeatured.tpl to site it remains the same with text...thx

Thx

Edited by Miss_J (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

I wanted to use larger images so I've set the size to 200x200 the way as mentioned above by Sages Outdoors

The thing is that in my home featured module they become too big to look nice. Is there a way to display images in home featured module in the previous size? I've tried to set the size of displayed images in homefeatured.css and it worked halfway - the frame was 124x124px as I have set but the actual picture didn't resize to fit in so I wonder if there is a piece of a code that would make them fit.

Mark

The images must be compatible to the size your using. On my site 99% of the product images are 600x600 and Prestashop does fine putting them in various size thumbs.

Each product has a 600x600 minumn because I like that size for customers to enlarge and not be too huge for quick viewing. The square format woks with my theme. If your theme has small images or maybe it doesn't work with your stock images, I just pick a theme with a design that will rather than tweaking something and having to make it look right.  If the theme uses a certain product size in the largest size, use that size or slightly larger for all product thumbs. I just choose a base size I like and stick with it in my lay out or pick a theme that uses the sizes I like.

If you have to use a certain theme, then change the stock image size to work with it. 600x600 is really small these days, pick a size and stick to it so your shopping cart will look consistent in the small, medium and large thumbs. They all have to be of the same aspect ratio.