Dont charge tax to wholesale accounts and Set Product Specific Prices discount pre-tax

Hi Awesome Presta-ers,

Here is my issue. I am trying to create a fully functional wholesale login for our site. I need these users to see a different price than our standard retail users and not be charged sales tax regardless of where they are located in the world.

First problem I run into is that when the user is in the same state as us (CA - USA) they are still being charged sales tax even though I set their group to not show sales tax. This problem is huge because I feel fixing it will actually fix my second problem.

Second problem is that when I set a Product Specific Price it only subtracts the value after tax is calculated so for example if I have a $30 product and reduce it $15 the total prices in cart shows as $16 and change rather than $15.

Can someone please help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

I also would like to know how to easily and simply make a customer group tax free for our wholesale customers. So that those customers in the wholesale group are not charged tax regardless of their location. Would be a great feature to add the the groups or individual customer properties.

A crappy work-around is to give a group a % discount of the same tax rate if they are in the same state and none to those who are not, so you end up with two wholesale groups - but this is still very crude workaround and confusing to the wholesale customers to see they are adding tax even if you are offsetting it.

Here is this forum I've come across that seems to be most useful.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/153596-tax-exempt-accounts/

Has anybody else successfully tried this code modify?

Edited by dsgnmind (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reps responded to me via facebook and asked me to call in. I will post on here if I find anything useful out. It seems confusing though that we have the option to display pricing "Tax Excluded" but then it still charges tax in the cart and during any discounts. Hopefully the call tomorrow goes well.