Categories block in footer not current - PrestaShop 1.5

Hi,

Is there something that needs to be done so that the Categories block in the footer is updated when your category list changes? When the Categories block is used elsewhere it shows current categories, but the instance in the footer shows categories that were previously deleted.

Thank you

optionally, I'd be okay just removing the "Categories block" from the footer if someone could tell me how to center the remaining blocks - INFORMATION, FOLLOW US, MY ACCOUNT, CONTACT US

I forgot to mention in my initial post that this is the default/canned theme

related to that, I had installed the demo categories/products & then renamed the demo categories to something different to play around with it. the new category names showed correctly in the "Categories block" used in LEFT main body, but never showed in footer's use of Categories block

The other curious thing is that I had added a new category and that did show up in the footer's use of Categories block

A little while ago I deleted all the categories and added 1 new one. Show correctly in the LEFT main body...footer's use of Categories block still shows old/non-existent category names

okay...when i go into admin/back office utility and turn off cache in advanced parameters->performance, the current categories show up in the footer's use of the Categories block

i'll start digging, but it'd be great if someone could tell me how to clear/rebuild/whatever the existing cache info

thanks!

so i found an off-forum post about how to clear cache when migrating to 1.5 and tried "removing" some cache files (to let new ones get generated) and it seemed to work

posting here in hopes of correction, comment or so that someone else might find it useful down the road

i moved the *footer* files from /public_html/cache/smarty/compile AND /public_html/cache/smarty/cache to a tmp directory in case i needed to get at them

i then just reloaded the store and the categories block in the footer was current

(btw, i had enabled "force compilation" in advanced parameters -> performance prior to this and that did not resolve)

i then created new categories, and ran into the same problem (stale category list in footer's categories block)...seems a problem related to category additions/deletions/modifications and cache getting updated...?

don't know if a bug should be filed or not, but maybe someone more experienced with prestashop can provide guidance

thanks!

from,

happy to have current categories in footer guy

the last post doesn't look so good...trying again

so i find an off-forum post about how to clear cache when migrating to 1.5 and tried "removing" some cache files (to let new ones get generated) and it seemed to work

posting here in hopes of correction, comment or someone else might find it useful

i moved the *footer* files from /public_html/cache/smarty/compile AND /public_html/cache/smarty/cache to a tmp directory in case i needed to get at them

i then just reloaded the store and the categories block in the footer was current

(btw, i had enabled "force compilation" in advanced parameters -> performance prior to this and that did not resolve

i then created new categories, and ran into the same problem (stale category list in footer's categories block)...seems a problem related to category additions/deletions/modifications and cache getting updated...?

don't know if a bug should be filed or not, but maybe someone more experienced with prestashop can provide guidance

thanks!

from,

happy to have current categories in footer guy

• Like 1

Hi,

(assuming I understood your post...)

I didn't have luck with just resetting the module after modifying the name of one of the categories.

It still contained the old category name, and moved the block location in the footer. I had to go into modules > positions and move it back where I wanted it, and then had to use the cache file deletion method mentioned above.

If I misunderstood your post, please clarify

thanks!

re-posting due to copy/paste resulting in small font

Hi,

(assuming I understood your post...)

I didn't have luck with just resetting the module after modifying the name of one of the categories.

It still contained the old category name, and moved the block location in the footer. I had to go into modules > positions and move it back where I wanted it, and then had to use the cache file deletion method mentioned above.

If I misunderstood your post, please clarify

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I deleted the originals and made new categories and new pages for articles, products types, CMS etc.

That way you get the layout you want. Once you have your content structured like you want, reset the module for the footer and it will show the new structure. I broke out all the categories, so they don't fall directly under home or information. Didn't like everything branching off home. You can create a new dedicated "Home" by adding a new top link.That way it just a Home/Index button with nothing branching off of it. Then you can adjust the top bar or what ever your using for Navigation and the CMS module to your liking.

Hope that made sense... It works on my live site.

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)