[1.5.x] overriding backoffice template and purpose of "/override/controllers/admin/templates"

Lotti

hello there! i'm doing minor tweak and integration to prestashop using overriding method.

First: what is the purpose of "/override/controllers/admin/templates" directory?

Then, I have to add some html to back office template (this is the file /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/prices.tpl). Is there a way to override just the prices.tpl? maybe using the path in the title? and how?

Another option will be make a copy of default backoffice template and do the modification there. but this requires to copy the entire file set (losing what is really modified and what no (well i have versioning but it's not so fast as "look at files")) and to change template value on all and every new employee accounts.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by Lotti (see edit history)

well i haven't figured out how to override that specific file. i think it's possibile to override just the helpers :\

if some accomplished extend / overwrite a not helper tpl (like /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/prices.tpl) please tell me how :) thank you.

Hi Lotti,

I have followed http://doc.prestasho...office+template and I have overrided /admin/themes/default/templates/controllers/products/informations.tpl

As you say I have copied the core file to /override/controllers/admin/templates/products/informations.tpl then I have edited the file in the override folder and it works but I have lost all the translations for the strings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm trying to override this file: prestashop15\site-admin\themes\default\template\controllers\orders\_customized_data.tpl

and I have copied it into this path:

prestashop15\override\controllers\admin\templates\orders\_customized_data.tpl

but I can't see any changes, could please tell me the right way to do this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello I'm trying to override this file: prestashop15\site-admin\themes\default\template\controllers\orders\_customized_data.tpl

and I have copied it into this path:

prestashop15\override\controllers\admin\templates\orders\_customized_data.tpl

but I can't see any changes, could please tell me the right way to do this?

Did you find a solution ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...