Need to hide price, keep add to cart, and send email

MohammadAmine

Hello everybody,

plz i'm new to prestashop, and want to do several things, i have an online store in which i want to hide prices, keep add to cart button, but when client add 1 or more products to panel, i want him to send me an email instead of proceeding to payment.

e.g:

1- client browses the store without seeing prices (no prices at all).

2- client adds 3 products to panel.

3- instead of checkout process, client clicks on a "ask for price" button.

is it possible somehow ? i don't want to buy modules

Thank you very much :)

Well the answer is simple: you can't :) Or you can, but with lots of custom work!

In a simple way, the most you could do is to hide the price field with CSS, but in cart or on overview page, prices will be visible. So you change text accordingly, like saying this is informative price.

To achieve what you want, try 2 options:

1) HARD but FREE

- hide the prices with CSS from every single page

- change text on buttons (too many to list), on pages (checkout, product lists, product detail, specials, viewed, new, home, order hstory, order details etc etc etc) and on sideblocks (cart, viewed, new, specials) to reflect the informative status of the client actions

- HARD: you must edit a payment module too. Cash On Delivery would be eprfect as it lets you submit orders without any questions or payment invite

- edit the emails related to orders, and remove price + change text to say you will call them back

- you will see all submitted orders in back office and you can email or call clients to arrange payment or bargain or whatever

Cons:

- all ordering process is affected so you cannot have orders and quotes

- there is a huge chance that you will miss a page or module and clients will be faced with a price

2) EASY but NOT FREE

Purchase a Quotation module, like this one here (developed and supported by us):

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/3725-Ask-for-a-Quote-module-for-PrestaShop-devis-.html

Pros: way too many, read the feature list

Cons: price only (well actually this is no costrary, but in your case could be as you are not willing to pay).

But remember: you want a shop (even if is just a presentation website in the end), which is a gateway between you and your clients, and in the end, this platform/website reflects YOU, and MUST show trust. If it's not done properly, you will loose lots of potential clients. So the question stands: FREE solution is more important than loosing clients?

Think about it! :)

BTW: good luck if you choose solution nr. 1

Regards,

The Presta FABRIQUE team

• Like 1