Wordpress sync module link to database can not be established

I have purchased Wordpress sync module as I wish to link my wordpress.com blog to my website www.hoursoffun.co.uk

I have installed it,however when I go to configure it I do not know what database information it is asking for. I have copied the relevant section below.

After quite a lot of trial and error and searching for help I am now concerned I can not use this module as my blog is wordpress.com and not locally hosted. I now think maybe I would need a wordpress.org blog instead.

Can anyone help?

thanks lots in advance

rachel

HelpThe Wordpress Sync module allows you to retrieve all your articles/categories from your Wordpress installation.

You can retrieve this data by clicking on the button below, or by configuring an CRON task on the filehttp://hoursoffun.co.uk/modules/wordpresssync/import.php?token_csv=KEBHjbqfQu.

To do so, please contact directly your host.

Note : Currently, Wordpress do not handle the multilingualism (articles / categories in different languages), so Wordpress content will be exported only on the default language of your Wordpress installation.

Database information

Is Wordpress using the same MySQL server as Prestashop ? Yes No

MySQL Server :

Login :

Password :

Database name :

Wordpress tables prefix :

General configuration

Will you use your Wordpress installation to manage your content in the future ? Yes NoIn order to avoid Duplicate Content, please check Yes if your Wordpress installation will remain after importing data

Number of last articles to show in the block "Last articles" :

Show the articles on the following positions :

Left column Right column Footer Product tab (in the product page) Left column (below the product images in the product page) Right column (below the "Add to cart" button in the product page)

CMS Pages translation :

Only fill the CMS page with the default language of your shop (this will hide articles in another languages on the front office Fill the CMS page for all languages

Hi Rachel,

You would need to contact your hosting provider to retrieve the Database Information. You can probably find this information using PHPAdmin or CPanel of your Hosting Provider.

MySQL Server - You can try using "localhost" if not then contact your Hosting Provier

The Login and Password are your credentials to access your Cpanel of your Hosting Provider (usually)

Database Name- If you can access myPHPadmin of your Wordpress site, then you should be able to navigate to mySQL and see the database name.

Wordpresss tables prefix is usually "wp_ " but it may have been changed.

I hope this helps, I think contacting your hosting provider would prove to be helpful as well. Keep me posted, thanks!

thanks for the quick reply.

Wordpress are stating that I can not have the information required as my blog is hosted by wordpress.com and that I would have to move over to wordpress.org where I would then self-host - the idea of this scares me a little! Maybe its time to look into wordpress.org a little futher!

On wordpress.com they advise to make the link between a blog and website using RSS feeds which I dont think the module I have just paid £100 for will do.

I am guessing I will not be able to get a refund, I have contacted the developer through the module page to seek their advice.

Thanks

rachel