{Solved } Categories box menu - not showing submenus

Categories menu in the top of left column : used to have a small x box icon on the side showing there were sub-categories and then it would show the sub cats when clicking on it - but for some reason its only showing the top category no sub menus and no icon ... I'm sure I clicked on somewhere to show at least 6 sub cats (can't remember where I saw that now) , it showed up once from memory, but now it's disappeared again-- anyone know why this would be please..

Added info: version 1.5.3.1 default theme.

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

I can only assume since you did not post your version that you upgraded to 1.5.3.1, go to Modules, Categories block and click on reset and see if the menu is correct if not un-install and re-install the block.

Reset worked for me.

• Like 1

Sorry, yes, ver 1.5.3.1 and no upgrade - new install.

Resetting the module first, then using Live Edit to place into correct position (for my layout) , made it work like it should.

Also did a reset on the information block as was having issues with newly created cms pages not showing in the list - so thanks for the tip on resetting, was too scared to use that in case I well & truly mucked something else up :)

Issues solved

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

• 3 months later...