E-mail when order not in "correct" html code

I have a real bad issue now.. The webshop have been running like clockwork for a few weeks, but suddenly now it send rubbish to the customer (order receipt), but the order e-mail sent to my webshop account is displayed correctly.
Also when customer use contact form it is displayed with lot of text with html codes instead of like it should.

Have no idea where to start. This is how it display in my gmail website. Not use e-mail software locally.

-----------------------------------

\n<html>\n<head>\n <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">\n <title>Message from European Airsoft Shop</title>\n</head>\n<body>\n

\n \n

Message from your shop European Airsoft Shop

\n E-mail address: kenneth.*****@gmail.com\n

\n Message: I would like to order parts, but need a test of message first.\n

\n European Airsoft Shop powered with PrestaShop™\n
\n</body>\n</html>\n

----------------------

This is how the e-mail to my shop is displayed.. and here is no error at all. Also using gmail as receiving.

------------------------
eashoporder.jpg

Awesome :-D.. I forced HTML and it works.

A bit strange, because it worked before with BOTH as setting. Maybe Gmail have updated something. I don`t use any e-mail software. I login via browser.

• 1 month later...

I also encountered the same problem as mentioned in the first post above.
After I compared the .html and .txt file in /mails/en and /mails/id sub directory, I found that the html tag in my /id directory is different with the real one in the /en directory. In my /id directory, the tag html has changed... for example: from

< become & lt ; , > become & gt ;

, etc...

So, here is the solution I took:

I copied all files from /en directory to my /id directory (replace all), then I re-translated all the english template language files to my language. Afterwards, everything was work fine. Let's say that this is the main solution.

The second or the alternative solution: you can also replace the html tag such as:

& lt ; become <
 & gt ; become >
 & quot ; become "
 \ n become < br / >

etc...

Please note that I add space among the tag characters above in order to display in this post. ;-)

But, I recommend you to take the main solution rather than the alternative solution. Because, it is faster by translating the words inside the files rather replace and re-format the layout of the file content itself.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers!

• 1 month later...