{Solved} Categories & Sub Cat not showing

UPDATE:

Not sure what the problem was, but I amnow able to see all the categories & sub cat. as I put them up... maybe clearing the cache fixed it, but I didn't have to reinstall - for which I'm so grateful :)

-----------------------------------

Hi, real new to this app, spent the last 6 hrs going through all menus in the BO trying to get an understanding of the whole system.... Then created a categories under the root, added a few products and all showed up good on the FO.

After deleting all original cats & products from the demo, and removing of the ones I added to start again., only 1 category is showing up. No matter what I do, no other categores or sub categories show up EITHER in the BO or FO... what am I doing wrong please ??

PS: I'm using the very latest version 1.5.3?

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

Hi nadiap, could you please write your Prestashop version? If your version is 1.5.x, do you have the multistore feature enabled?

The 1 category that is showing is the Home (main) category? IMHO you should check that your newly created categories belong to at least one main category and that they are set to display..

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I've done all that, checked and double checked :( that all is displayed to 'show'.

My version is 1.5.3 (the latest stable version)

Multiple stores has not set (though I would like that option at a later date, but not now).

When I go to Catalog>Monitoring, it shows I have 8 categories with no products... so they've been created, but can only see one category with a sub-cat. This one I've managed to get into the top navigation & it shows correctly... But those others can't be seen in the category list in both BO & FO.

Strange thing in the footer - it shows on of the old demo categories (ipod & accessories), which I deleted but when you click on them it gives a 404 error... so maybe it's a funky install or somethings gone wrong..

Can't believe I've spent hrs on this and haven't got up my categories yet - very depressing lol

**Oh and are sub-categories supposed to show in the list - cause the one that is working - doesn't show in my list at all in the BO

If it helps here's my url:

It's 4am here and really need some sleep, I'll call back in tomorrow and if I have to reinstall, I'll do that and give it one more try --- what do you think?

Edited by nadiap (see edit history)

This is really strange. You should see all your categories in BO in Catalog -> Categories, where the subcategories are displayed by clicking on their superior category. The only thing here that comes to my mind right now is to clean your browser cache and cookies (I had some troubles with cookies in Chrome on my Mac - the product list in BO was not displaying etc.).

If it helps, I can see 3 products in your Mosaic Soy Candles category, and the Test subcategory. I also noticed that the old test non-existing categories are only showing on the homepage in footer.

If you do a fresh install, try to create new categories first before deleting the existing test ones.

• Like 1

Thanks spiritcheer, I've cleared Firefox cache and came here first. Now off to check the BO to see what's up and it hasn't cleared it up, then I'll do a reinstall. So far have found this cart to be easy to set up so that's a huge plus - but the couple of problems I've had are frustrating and can't afford all this time just to get it sorted.. but won't give up on it yet :)