Please test my site and tell me how much seconds takes to load

Novakeys

Nova,

There are two metrics to determine why your site is loading slow. One is the compile time, the other is the download time. If your site takes 10 seconds to compile and 2 seconds to download, it will take 12 seconds to load. No matter how many optimizations you do, you will never be able to get the 10 seconds down, it will always be overhead. You can use the debug console in prestashop to find out what your compile time is. Having a good host is the key to getting your compile time down. I use compile loosely, because it is actually the time it takes your server to execute the site.

Nova,

There are two metrics to determine why your site is loading slow. One is the compile time, the other is the download time. If your site takes 10 seconds to compile and 2 seconds to download, it will take 12 seconds to load. No matter how many optimizations you do, you will never be able to get the 10 seconds down, it will always be overhead. You can use the debug console in prestashop to find out what your compile time is. Having a good host is the key to getting your compile time down. I use compile loosely, because it is actually the time it takes your server to execute the site.

Thanks for the answer. Can you please tell me how much it takes for you? ;)

Hello guys, this is my store: http://novakeys.org/ can you please tell me how much seconds it takes to load? its a bit slow and i dont think how to fix the lag..

Great looking site indeed! It took me 3-4 seconds which is Ok if not great in my world. For all others wondering about speed try using free online tools such as pingdom tools.

The total size of index is approx 700kB large and it takes 3-4 seconds to load which is pretty good!

Nice work

Edited by mobilskal (see edit history)

That is actually a mistake, the firs tool you should use is the console window and see what the time is from there. that is the server execution time and that is the main hold up with sites. That is the hold up with this site also.