Shipping problems

Hi.

I have 2 groups of products:

Small ones which are delivered free, and larger ones which we charge £5.00.

We also have another option where a user can choose to pay £7.50 for next day delivery for all products.

To achieve this I set up 3 carriers: Free shipping, standard shipping (£5) and next day shipping (£7.50)

All works well until someone puts a free delivery product AND a standard delivery product in their basket. When they do this, the only shipping option displayed is next day delivery (£7.50).

What it should display is £5 delivery (standard) with the option to upgrade to next day delivery if they wish.

Thanks for any help in advance

Mike

This sounds like an out of range behavior and is most likely the result of having a different carrier set up for each type or wieght ranges with gaps.

The easiest way to do this is to have two carriers one set for free and 5.00 and the other set for the 750.

Set the first carrier as default and the other will display in the shipping section as an option.

(example only)

First carrier - Std Shipping

weight range price

0.00 - 0.01gr = 0.00

0.01 - 1000gr = 5.00

Then set all products that are free shipping to 0 weight and all others to 500gr

Second carrier - Next Day

0.00 - 10000 = 7.50

Give it a try and see if it works for you, I set another clients like this and worked great.

This sounds like an out of range behavior and is most likely the result of having a different carrier set up for each type or wieght ranges with gaps.

The easiest way to do this is to have two carriers one set for free and 5.00 and the other set for the 750.

Set the first carrier as default and the other will display in the shipping section as an option.

(example only)

First carrier - Std Shipping

weight range price

0.00 - 0.01gr = 0.00

0.01 - 1000gr = 5.00

Then set all products that are free shipping to 0 weight and all others to 500gr

Second carrier - Next Day

0.00 - 10000 = 7.50

Give it a try and see if it works for you, I set another clients like this and worked great.

Worked like a treat!!!

Thanks very much, this was driving me crazy. Bit late I know, but happy new year to you.

Thanks again

Mike