Default Theme - problem with img as background and container for shop element.

Hi Newbie here - so sorry if I'm asking dumb questions but I've searched the forum and can't seem to find the answer to my problem!

I am using the default theme and would like to set an image as the background to the page but yet still retain a white container for the shop area.

I've set the global.css to:

body{

background:url(../img/background.jpg) top left repeat;

font:normal 11px/14px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;

color:#222;

}

This has resulted in the image showing but I cannot seem to find the 'container' for the shop area.

There has recently been a thread relating to this problem and in this it mentions changing the following:

.page {width:910px; margin:0 auto; background:#FFF}

Now, try as I might, I cannot find .page in the Global.css of the default theme - am I getting something wrong here and missing the obvious?

Your help would be much appreciated - thanks.

Edited by Funky Budgie (see edit history)

OK, so I now have a nice background image that is tiled across my site, the shop container now has a white background and it looks fine but I would like to 'float' the container 10px from the top of the page and 10px from the bottom.

If I add 'margin-top: 10px;' to the .container_9, the whole of the page shifts 10px down, leaving a white bar across the top of the background image also!

I wonder if anyone could be so kind as to offer me a solution, I have tried allsorts using firebug but I'm getting nowhere fast.

Once again, thank you in anticipation.

Michael