How to increase limit of meta keywords

hammad-seo

<p> </p>

<div>The word limit will display a description of the site, try to focus on the top, either closing sharply efficiency, but also ensure that important messages appear in the Result Search Engine Search Engine.</div>

<div>The different the Seach Engine interested Meta descriptions of words have different restrictions, we recommend:</div>

<div>Meta description in 125 words or less (including punctuation, spaces) - the same as in English (English letters when a word count)</div>

<div>Meta keyword will not have SEO a big help, suggestions or the added Network World, Search Engine search method is ever-changing, into the future eventually.</div>

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I don't recommend to use meta keyword because your competitors can find keyword you like to rank higher in search engine.

Build better category meta descriptions, category descriptions, write good information about product, add pictures and videos, allow your customers add reviews and so on...

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Try to use variation in content and try to give full information about your product and services by optimizing all the words in content (I am asking about keywords stuffing), but you need to put all your words in content and metas it will ranks automatically instead of focusing meta keywords. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Matteo,

Do you know how to do this for CATEGORIES? I've been trying to find that information in the TPL's, but didn't find the right one.

Best regards.

Hi,

using prestashop 1.6 you can edit the max-length of SEO editing

{your_admin_folder}/themes/default/template/controllers/products/seo.tpl

and change all the data eg.

maxchar=260
maxlength=260

Matteo

For categories, you have to edit differently.

1. Locate to /classes/Category.php

Locate to this line of code and change 255 to a bigger number.

'meta_keywords' =>        array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 255),

2. Alter table category_lang, field meta_keywords in your database.

I suppose that you know how to "alter table column size in mysql" or at least google for that :)