1.5.3 Issue - SEO, friendly URL generation

It seems that the new and fine tuned SEO fixes done to 1.5.3 causes some errors, when editing existing or adding new products, where the name has e.g. Scandinavian letters ä,ö,å, the new SEO friendly URL generator tries to include those to the url and gives error message.

Where as in previous versions it has changes ä -> a, ö -> ö in link, now it gives annoying warning and doesn't allow to update the product anymore, unless I go and remove the ä and ö's. The issue is that I've to do this every time when updating products!

SEO1.JPG

So here's the example of 1.5.2 (production - with some annoying bugs, and I hoped the 1.5.3 to be the fix, but it seems there's even more issues) where you can see that the product name has the Scandinavian letters and the URL doesn't and when editing products the system doesn't prompt with errors to change the URL.

SEO2.JPG

Edited by THM11 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I try your problem on 1.5.3., but I have completely different behaviour. When I write name of product tyynynpäälynen I will get for Friendly URL this: tyynynplynen. It completely remove those Scandinavian letters. I have this same problem with our Czech letters ěščřžýáíéůú :-). That's really annoying.

I try your problem on 1.5.3., but I have completely different behaviour. When I write name of product tyynynpäälynen I will get for Friendly URL this: tyynynplynen. It completely remove those Scandinavian letters. I have this same problem with our Czech letters ěščřžýáíéůú :-). That's really annoying.

But I assume that then the system allows you to actually click "save and stay" button and still continue on working on the product? In my installation the system keeps on putting the letters in to the URL and giving error, so I need everytime change the name of the url if I want to do any changes to the product. Which is killing me, hence without a fix 1.5.3 is not viable for production usage.

• 1 month later...