Fix for Style Theme Template: Homeslider Images Display Vertically in IE

SC3

For those of you with the theme template "Style" here's a fix that might help you out.

I had a vertical slide display ( instead of a slideshow) using the theme template "Style". Their demo has the same issue when viewed in IE, something I only noticed after I saw the problem on the website I'm working on.

The default theme didn't have the same issue, so I knew the problem was in the Style theme template files. Since the theme template developer was unresponsive, I spent a very long time trying everything anyone had mentioned in all the forum topics and from many other places on the web.

Thanks to Andy's blog for the fix!!! The fix is discussed here: http://atulley.wordp...g-errors-in-ie/

Below is what finally worked for me

in the file treeManagement.js

(for me this file is located in the directory public_html\themes\style\js\tools\treeManagement.js at line 46.)

replace this line

console.log($.browser.msie + '=' + $.browser.version);

with the following line

if ($.browser.msie) {console = { log: function(msg) {alert('Debug: '+msg);} [spam-filter];

Exit from Internet Explorer and restart IE before trying your homepage again. A simple refresh didn't show the fix for me; but it was fixed when I exited IE and then tried the site in IE again.