CSV image upload problem - no error message in 1.4.9

I've been searching through the forum for any posts to help solve this issue, and where I can normally always find a solution, this problem has left me blank.

I'm pretty experienced with CSVs and MySQL and normally do all my updates directly from Excel into MySQL. However, as prestashop has a complicated method of dealing with images, I've always used the CSV import function to upload images for my 5000+ products.

This always worked fine in older versions of prestashop, but now I am updating to 1.4.9 I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried placing the original images in:

-admin folder /images/myimage.jpg

-root folder/uploads/myimage.jpg

-local folder

-img folder

Unfortunately, none of these places seem to do the trick. The strange thing is, I am not getting an error message when upload the CSV?! Just the familiar 'Import successfully performed in etc'. However, when checking the image table in MySQL there is no line added, and there is obviously no image when looking at the product.

Img/p/ folder and all folders I've tried for uploads all set to 777 for testing and all other functions in 1.4.9 work fine.

Getting a bit desperate here, so any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

I am using version 1.5.2, however this may work for you. I use a CVS import for my products. For the images, I first uploaded the image files to the server using FTP into the appropriate folder. I then used the full address for the images in the CSV file. Such as http://www.yourdomain.com/imgfolder/imagename.jpg.

I found this info helpful:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Understanding+The+Advanced+Parameters#UnderstandingTheAdvancedParameters-Dataformat.

Hope this helps.

Here is another thought. I have had issues over the years with files and images not showing. There are times when you don't realize that you have a problem with using upper and lower case letters in a file name and extension (ie .jpg or .JPG). Depending on your computer system and applications being used you may not even realize that there is an issue with the case. I always use lower case on everything to avoid problems.