Unable to register an account or add products to cart

TSM

Hi all,

im having a major problem before my site was about to go live!

1. when i use chrome, it doesnt allow me to register an account, it states the Technical Error: unable to save account.

2. when i use IE, i try to add product and then checking it out, it just goes to the page which says that shopping cart is empty..

i have tried clearing my cache but nothing seems to be working.

however, safari is working properly...

anyone has got any suggestions?

my url is www.thesartorialistsmarket.com

Hi, I have just tested in Chrome, and I have no problem registering. Do you still have the issue in Chrome?

i just tried to register and apparently it works now.. i wonder what went wrong..

however, my IE still doesnt work.. any idea?

this is weird. im unable to register again... keeps showing HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request. on chrome..

still my IE9 browser still cant add items to cart. keeps showing shopping c art empty!

help!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi again TSM.

Just looking through my previous posts, and saw this. Have you solved the issue?

I have just tested in IE, and it seems to be working fine.

On a sidenote, I would recommend that you include this META tag in your header.tpl, so you force IE to render your page correctly:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/>
Edited by Carlsen (see edit history)

Its working fine for me. Clear your cookies, browser history and cache etc.

Every time I've had that issue it was old cookies or cache. Or maybe a security token, just got to clear the browser temp files 100%.

Never had any trouble with Chrome though, clearing the browser history for the URL does the trick. FireFox has the site preferences cookies and cache to clear. Don't forget the site preferences.... IE9 has temp form data, cookies, temp internet files etc....