Before I dump prestashop can anyone help me?

PEJ33

I have been trying to make prestashop work for two weeks now and I have just about had enough. There are so many problems and none of the solutions on the forums work. Before I give up can anyone persuade me to stay and help me to fix these problems...

Cart will not remember items (chrome only)

Cannot login (chrome only)

Some images do not show (IE only)

Only one item in viewed box, only first one viewed

Viewed box not showing on some browsers

Plus a host of other issues that I could probably solve myself but there is no point working on them if the one thing you must have (a shopping cart) does not work!

Is it a fresh install of 1.5.2? I upgraded from 1.5.0.7 to 1.5.2 and my cart works fine in Chrome and I can log in on Chrome. Have you made any modifications to the tpl or css files?

Which images aren't working in IE? Everything works fine in IE for me except that my rounded edges and css fading effects don't work cause IE sucks.

To fix the viewed items box, follow this fix. This is a known problem.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/174942-last-viewed-product-not-working-updating/ post #3

Yes, it is a fresh install. I am a first time user.

In IE the images that don't show are the ones on the featured product box and the category page.

Yes I have made changes to the CSS but only font colour changes, stuff like that. I inserted some html in to footer.tpl because it was a complete disaster area in the first instance.

The problem must surely be with the cookies not the CSS or .tpl files?

I should say that I am using the free christmas theme from Prestashop but when I switch back to default theme all the problems still exist.

I followed the advice in the thread you posted and like all the other "fixes" on the forum it did not work.

:(

Hi PEJ33, I think there could be a way to solve some of these problems.

in 1.5 You need to delete the three lines below in your file classes/shop/Shop.php

// Optimization - don't redirect and allow WS and other script to work

if (!$id_shop)

$id_shop = Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');

(and of course clear your browser cookies a last time )

Let me know if this helps.

Hi PEJ33, I think there could be a way to solve some of these problems.

in 1.5 You need to delete the three lines below in your file classes/shop/Shop.php

// Optimization - don't redirect and allow WS and other script to work

if (!$id_shop)

$id_shop = Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT');

(and of course clear your browser cookies a last time )

Let me know if this helps.

I read all those threads and tried that "fix" but it did not work.

Hello,

I have been trying to make prestashop work for two weeks now and I have just about had enough. There are so many problems and none of the solutions on the forums work. Before I give up can anyone persuade me to stay and help me to fix these problems...

Cart will not remember items (chrome only)

Cannot login (chrome only)

Some images do not show (IE only)

Only one item in viewed box, only first one viewed

Viewed box not showing on some browsers

I want to stress I do not have any of the above problems on any of the browsers you mentioned + a couple of others. So whatever it is, it is likely related to some changes you made locally. Because I have not fixed any of those problems to make them work on my shops.

For your cart problem which is by far the most important one, have you messed around with any of the cart files (classes, controler, blocks...) to change things?

Cheers.

For your cart problem which is by far the most important one, have you messed around with any of the cart files (classes, controler, blocks...) to change things?

Cheers.

No. The only changes I have made have been to the css.