Redirect within the same server

Hi there, I've been working on my shop and finally finished it. It's directory was www.mysite.pl/shop. Now the thing is I've got a second domain mysite.com, and I want it to be my shop's url. I've changed the domain redirect settings in the domain;s control panel, but when i type in mysite.com i get mysite.pl/shop in the address bar, can I make mysite.com work as a separate site?

you must edit settings of your shop in configuration file / database. It depends on prestashop version that you use.

if you're using 1.4 it's simple and you can do it in configuration file, if you're using 1.5+ you must also edit configuration in database

I've got presta 1.4 and I've changed both PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL in the database to the new domain but it resulted in a completely broken front office. What configuration file do I have to modify then? is it config/config.inc.php?

so you:

1) setup the domain parameters in database to new value (new domain)

2) change the __PS_BASE_URI__ in settings.inc.php file

if it doesnt work properly, maybe it's domain issue? how you set it up? it's redirection to old domain?

Still no dice, done everything as specified by you (big thanks for help btw), changing database entries now makes the mysite.com return a 404, I also contacted server provider support, techs said everything is set up correctly with the domain. Maybe it's an .htaccess issue?