Slider not working

It seems like the image is not being correctly referenced. have you tried uploading other images/resetting/uninstalling the slider?

If you did, check that the modules folder has 755 permissions

Yes I have tried uploading other images, and yes, the permissions are set to 755.

I see.

Activate the smarty debugger (advanced parameters, performance, debug console) and look for this variable:

$homeslider_slides.

Copy the content here

I'm afraid I cannot find it anywhere? I've enabled Smarty, but I can't find the $homeslider_slides section.

Well, yes, of course. Can you post the code here? Just to know if those variables are empty. Also, did you ever modify the module?

All I modified was the images in the backoffice.

This is what shows after I've put in the code you wrote above

LHKnx.png

I see. It looks like the image link is not being stored in the database. it's hard to tell what's going on from an external point of view. Can you check if the "image" field is actually empty in the database? The table name should be homeslider, and related ones

I see. It looks like the image link is not being stored in the database. it's hard to tell what's going on from an external point of view. Can you check if the "image" field is actually empty in the database? The table name should be homeslider, and related ones

I have no idea how to check that... Is it possible for you to send me your Skype username, and then I can share my screen.

I'm off to bed now, so I'll check this as the first in the morning.

• 4 months later...

Here is some help, it is free, but if you prefer to get if for paid, please send a message to ok @ infos7.org to make a donation of 2o usd / eur for some subject of common interest of your choice.

This is from my own internal protocol file of configuration history:

<li > 2013-04-21 Homeslider / how to fix it / how to "patch" the data (because CONFIGURR does not save the admin's input)

<br/> --- Go into the file directory of your server (typically for shared hosting: via CPANEL).

<br/> --- Walk into the directory: /modules/homeslider/images/

<br/> --- If you like: save the current images sample-1.jpg .... -5.jpg into something like sample-orig1.jpg etc..

<br/> --- Then upload your wanted new 5 images and name them to sample-1.jpg ... up to ...5.jpg --- this wlll overwrite the past 5 images.

<br/> --- Test on your shop: They will properly display.

<li> -- The next problem is: The links / clicks do not go to your domain.

<br/> --- Go via CPANEL into phpMyAdmin (for the data base administration).

<br/> --- if you have more than 1 DB: Click on that for the prestashop.

<br/> --- check the table khl_homeslider_slides_lang ("khl" or some other prefix). There is probably a domain name which is not your shop.

<br/> --- Klick on the top menu: +++"SQL". Into the input field for SQL commands type the following:

UPDATE khl_homeslider_slides_lang SET url='http://myshopname.com';

<br/> --- You may perhaps have to replace "khl". You surely will have to replace with your own domain name.

<br/> DONE. Please be aware: All such interventions are on your own risk. If you are not familiar with it, please ask somebody to help you. I do not garantee that by some faulty command your web site might explode or the whole universe. Hoipeful that at least Paris (and me) will survive.

Edited by 4Laura (see edit history)