Changing text within the contact block

Hello,

I'm building a bilingual site. French and English...

On the Contact block, it is written that my hotline is available 24/7...

I'm afaraid that is not the case :-D

Diving into the code, I was able to change the text for the French part of the site (by going to the module/blockcontact/translations/fr.php). But however I was unable to locate the English part...

I tried modifying the "blockcontact.tpl" file, that did change the text and I don't quite understand how, it also when over the French text with the result that no matter what was the selected language, it was always the same text in English... I was able to revert to the version before... So no harm was done there...

Anyone can help identify which file needs to be edited?

Many thanks

P.

I'm afraid your answer brings confusion in my mind... What do you mean by "find the text and change it"

Where do I do that... Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my explanations...

I don't want to translate text... I want to modify text... The generic text that comes out after the installation says that "my hotline is open 24/7... That is not true... I want to modify this for a more acurate statement like : "call us during business hours"

As I mentionned. I modified the fr.php file and that worked for the French site, but it did nothing to the English site... Maybe the way I see the problem is wrong, maybe there are other ways of doing what I want but I wouldn't know... I try my best with the knowledge I have... Which is limited...

Is it a little bit more clear on what I want to do?

Thanks

p.

I tried, but I got a php error that I don't understand : "Warning, your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form: 1000 for max_input_vars. Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 1318 at least or edit the translation file manually."

so I guess I need to contact my Hosting provider and ask them to change the settings... No wonder I was lost... Anyhow, When this will work correctly, will I be able to edit my text on my own?

Do I need to restore the fr.php file that I modified manually?

Many thanks

P.

I tried, but I got a php error that I don't understand : "Warning, your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields to post in a form: 1000 for max_input_vars. Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 1318 at least or edit the translation file manually."

so I guess I need to contact my Hosting provider and ask them to change the settings... No wonder I was lost... Anyhow, When this will work correctly, will I be able to edit my text on my own?

Do I need to restore the fr.php file that I modified manually?

Many thanks

P.

you should restore any code changes you made.

having your hosting provider up your limits which will then allow you to mange your text...priceless

good luck!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...