Sending customer data to external system?

inspiring

Hey Guys!

I'd like to use Prestashop als online shop for offering online content. If a customer buys a product his customer information should be sent to an external system, where he can use it. Is it possible to build such a "connection"?

Thank you!

p.s.: i'm german, so a german answer would be nice :D

sure it's possible but without core modification you can't do this. About which "external" system you talk about? Other prestashop store or completly other soft?

If you aren't PHP developer, I suggest that you need to hire developer - it's not as simple as it seems

It is a creation by my own so i am free to control the income of any data. But my problem is to create the bridge coming from the cms... best would be with xml or any sync going directly to another database if payment was successful..... to control it would be nice.. i hope you understand..

sure it's the simplest solution but also dangerous. If someone get this xml file will know customer personal datas...

In my opinion the best solution is to connect to external software via mysql/postgres/etc (if your soft uses it), you can use paymentReturn hook, and right after payment this feature will add to your soft any data you want

yes, you're right! and its not the best solution for my conscience, too!

i think i'll use a cronjob which sends paid orders including customer data to another database... is the structure of the prestashop database easy to read?

another question is: i found a possibility to use SOAP here

http://code.google.com/p/prestasoap/wiki/README

what do you think? can i use it or would a manual cronjob be the better solution?

you could hook newOrder, and then send the customer information to an external webservice using the php SOAP interface. you would need to create the SOAP service on the external side to accept the information, and just publish a WSDL. If you secure the service using an SSL certificate and also a token exchange, it should be secure enough. If someone can hack through SSL over the wire, they could do the same thing using a database.