PrestaShop mobile theme: feedbacks after update

Hi PrestaShop Community,

We would like to get feedback from the users who have updated their Mobile Theme since December 3rd.

If you could, please let us know in this topic everything that may be of interest for us to know.

Thanks a lot. :)

Update :

Here is the link to the mobile theme :

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/mobile-iphone/6165-prestashop-mobile-template.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed the mobile theme in my upgraded PS 1.4.6.2 a few days ago (therefore newest version), it loads categories nicely but the contents (products) are a blank page. It was tested only in my Xperia android mobile phone. I couldn't find solution information in the forum. I am really looking forward for information for this.

Bjr,

Pour ma part le thème mobile ne fonctionne pas sur mon site presta1.4.9, la page d'accueil s'affiche correctement mais lorsque je clic sur un produit j'ai le message d'erreur " error loading page", si vous avez une solution pour régler le pb je suis preneur.

Merci par avance

Edited by machpro (see edit history)

Je viens de recevoir un mail dans ma boite pour donner mon avis sur ce thème.

Ce message m'a bien fait rire (mais un peu jaune tout de même).

Pourquoi.

Simplement parce que depuis 6 jours j'ai contacté le service clients de Add on pour leur faire part du non fonctionnement de ce thème et que depuis j'ai eu 0 réponse.

Thème gratuit, oui. mais qui ne fonctionne pas. Donc pas très utile. Et avant de penser à l'améliorer au niveau graphique ou autre déjà faudrait-il qu'il fasse le minimum (permettre aux clients de consulter le site et de passer des commandes).

A votre dispo pour faire suivre le message à quelqu'un qui serait intéressé pour y répondre.

Cordialement

Christian

Edited by Elteor (see edit history)

I have installed mobile theme version 0.4.1 (can check inside file mobile_theme.php) in my PS 1.4.9.0.

First impression: good

In the iPhone screen shown when you configure the theme in the back office you can check tour front office live.

I use a third party theme and in the beginning it took some pages from this theme instead of the mobile theme. After making sure the cookies and other temp browser files have been deleted it looks better. Only the pages to log in or creat account after adding a product to the cart is still using some layout from the full size theme which makes it very messy.

I have opened it on an Anroid (Samsung) phone and had some problems with black pages. I have checked on an iPhone it this was perfect all the way to the payment confirmation.

I use only one payment method: i use cashondelivery and translated it to work as paying after receipt of the delivery.

Inside the theme folders there is an Prestashop_mobile folder and there are modules for chqeue, bankwire and paypal. These are the only payment methods redesigned for these mobile device screen size. I have to find out now how to redesign the "cashondelivery" module (anyone?).

Major problem I have is translation of the theme to my language (dutch).

I have done this through backoffice translations installed modules but eventhough there is a nl.php file now in the mobile_theme folder, most of the screens show english text.

In the folder prestashop_mobile there is only a fr.php file. I have looked at it and see it is the same as the themes\prestashop\lang folder. So I have copied it to the prestashopo_mobile folder, but still most text is shown in english. I think the only text in dutch is the used from other modules.

My opinion: a mobile theme should be standard part of PS as many people (customers) use a tablet or mobile phone to browse.

However the themes looks very nice but does not 100% sure.

Will this theme be updated?

On 1.4.9, it installs fine, but when I try to enable it I get the following message at the top of the Back Office:

The Mobile Theme has been disabled, click here to re-enable it

No matter how many times I click to re-enable it, the message remains. It shows as enabled in the back ofifce, and I can click on Configure and edit the settings for it. However mobile devices aren't redirected. I tried it on another shop that also has 1.4.9 and it works fine.

Is there at least a way to find out what's preventing it from enabling?

Edited by ingenium (see edit history)

Hi, I am novice in e-shop. Just installed Prestashop version: 1.5.2.0. I would like to check PrestaShop mobile Tamplate 1.4. Trying to add new theme from admin interface. But only can download it. Please help - send a link how to change theme or give step by step instruction.

I have just installed the backwardcompatibility module, the most recent Paypal module (3.4.1) and the mobile theme. All has gone well, except that when I attempt to checkout using a mobile device, I am redirected back to the site from Paypal having logged in to Paypal and chosen which card to use. The mobile site then takes me through a 5 stage checkout process which ends up with a screen inviting me to select language and currency. That's where the whole process stops. The site is at www.gedoretools.co.uk - could you shed any light on what might be going wrong? The site is based on Prestashop 1.4.4.1 by the way.

Edited by NeilColeclough (see edit history)

PrestaShop mobile Tamplate 1.4 does not support Version 1.5, the only PrestaShop v1.4.0.0 - v1.4.9.0

Confused a lot.

In PrestaShop 1.5 mobile possibilities looks much simple then in PrestaShop mobile Tamplate 1.4. That is not logical as the number of version is higher. Or I am wrong? Could anybody help how to change the theme from 1.5 to 1.4.9.0 and install mobile tamplate? Or there will be upgrates coming to 1.5? Or it is in not good idea?

Confused a lot.

In PrestaShop 1.5 mobile possibilities looks much simple then in PrestaShop mobile Tamplate 1.4. That is not logical as the number of version is higher. Or I am wrong? Could anybody help how to change the theme from 1.5 to 1.4.9.0 and install mobile tamplate? Or there will be upgrates coming to 1.5? Or it is in not good idea?

1.4 - 1.5 is a big difference so the version is higher than 1.5 is not suitable for the 1.4

Hi, I m using ps1.4.9, and I activated this mobile theme one month ago, it is functional, but at the moment I get the extra long URL attack against this module, I had a lot of requests like this:

http://www.mysite.com/product.html&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1...

so, there is too many &ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1 in the url, and my log file grows very quickly. Is it dangerous? How do i solve this?

best regards

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I've installed this module and configured it to use in both tablets and mobile. however, when the module is enabled, my website is a white blank page on any mobile and tablet. It is fine on the computer. Once i disable the mobile, the website is accessible on mobile and tablets immediately.

Any idea what is wrong or how i can fix it?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have installed mobile theme version 0.4.1 (can check inside file mobile_theme.php) in my PS 1.4.9.0.

First impression: good

In the iPhone screen shown when you configure the theme in the back office you can check tour front office live.

I use a third party theme and in the beginning it took some pages from this theme instead of the mobile theme. After making sure the cookies and other temp browser files have been deleted it looks better. Only the pages to log in or creat account after adding a product to the cart is still using some layout from the full size theme which makes it very messy.

I have opened it on an Anroid (Samsung) phone and had some problems with black pages. I have checked on an iPhone it this was perfect all the way to the payment confirmation.

I use only one payment method: i use cashondelivery and translated it to work as paying after receipt of the delivery.

Inside the theme folders there is an Prestashop_mobile folder and there are modules for chqeue, bankwire and paypal. These are the only payment methods redesigned for these mobile device screen size. I have to find out now how to redesign the "cashondelivery" module (anyone?).

Major problem I have is translation of the theme to my language (dutch).

I have done this through backoffice translations installed modules but eventhough there is a nl.php file now in the mobile_theme folder, most of the screens show english text.

In the folder prestashop_mobile there is only a fr.php file. I have looked at it and see it is the same as the themes\prestashop\lang folder. So I have copied it to the prestashopo_mobile folder, but still most text is shown in english. I think the only text in dutch is the used from other modules.

My opinion: a mobile theme should be standard part of PS as many people (customers) use a tablet or mobile phone to browse.

However the themes looks very nice but does not 100% sure.

Will this theme be updated?

I try to add cashondelivery payment method but I didn't find a solution.

Do you have find it?

• 2 years later...

Hi, I m using ps1.4.9, and I activated this mobile theme one month ago, it is functional, but at the moment I get the extra long URL attack against this module, I had a lot of requests like this:

http://www.mysite.com/product.html&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1&ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1...
so, there is too many &ps_mobile_site=1&mobile_iframe=1 in the url, and my log file grows very quickly. Is it dangerous? How do i solve this?

best regards

hello, anyone who knows the source of this (sometimes in error log...) ?