UPS module showing Free! at checkout

I have version 1.5.2 installed and I'm using U.S.P.S. and UPS modules on my site located in the US. When I add an item to my cart and then got to checkout, U.S.P.S. is showing up with the 3 selections I've kept and all have a price. However, the 3 I've kept from the UPS module just says "Free!" No matter what I seem to change, it always just says "Free!" UPS module is installed correctly (no errors or warnings), and all shipping types say "Available" though I'm only using 1 day, 2 day, and ground. Yet at checkout time... U.S.P.S. have a price and all UPS options say Free! Did I miss something here?

I was starting to wonder if this may have anything to do with me testing on a temporary address and not my real address, but I thought UPS said that was ok when I signed up for my API key. Has anyone actually solved and is using default UPS module with 1.5.2 cart? I've seen quite a few people with my issue with my google searches but have yet to find a solution.

My 1.5 UPS module seems to work fine, usually this is a settings issue edit one of the carriers and make sure that Apply shipping cost is checked.

You can also look at the carrier list and make sure that under Free Shipping that both carriers have a red X and not a green check mark.

In the modules section take a look at the UPS module and make sure it has a green check and not a yellow triangle, if yellow triangle something is not configured properly.

Install the Shipping Estimator it only requires a state and zip and see if you get a shipping cost. (when not logged in)

That's just it. Everything is a green light with all settings looking perfect. I already have the U.S.P.S. module set up and it's working just fine, but UPS just won't show up. Also I noticed, that in my products/shipping, if I don't highlight any of the shipping options and hit save. Then go to buy that item in the store, the only shipping options are the U.S.P.S. items. None of the UPS items show up, nor does my "pick up in store" custom shipping options I added to carriers. I have to go to products/shipping and highlight everything in order to see it all, but then that is where I see "Free!" for the UPS options. There has to be a setting or something keeping this from working properly, but I can't find what that might be.

• Like 1

Considering this is a thread about it not working at all, I can't rightly say ;) . However, UPS is UPS, and as long as you sign up via your country it should work just fine. When you click the link for the API key, it will take you to a Singapore location address (link ends in loc=en_SG). You will need to change this to loc=en_gb to properly log in.

• 3 weeks later...

That's just it. Everything is a green light with all settings looking perfect. I already have the U.S.P.S. module set up and it's working just fine, but UPS just won't show up. Also I noticed, that in my products/shipping, if I don't highlight any of the shipping options and hit save. Then go to buy that item in the store, the only shipping options are the U.S.P.S. items. None of the UPS items show up, nor does my "pick up in store" custom shipping options I added to carriers. I have to go to products/shipping and highlight everything in order to see it all, but then that is where I see "Free!" for the UPS options. There has to be a setting or something keeping this from working properly, but I can't find what that might be.

I'm having the EXACT same problem. With a completely fresh install of 1.5.3.1

Anyone figure this out yet? What good is a webshop if you can't calculate shipping?

Edited by theorie (see edit history)

Also having the exact same issue:

• UPS Ground is only carrier. No other carriers exist - Free Shipping X is red.
  • Under Shipping tab, Free Shipping Starts at = $50000/50000 lbs.
  • Range is set to North America - 0-50000 lbs = $0.00 (nothing changes if I put a value here or remove the range entirely)
  • UPS Module Config - Green Check at top - Packing Weight = blank, Handling = blank, Rate Service Group = US Domestic Shipments UPS Ground checked in Delivery Service list, Origin address entered.
  • Product/Shipping tab - If the product has no carriers selected (supposed to use all methods if none selected) nothing shows up in checkout. This feature is flat out broken. It only shows carriers if they are selected.
  • All methods always show as "Free" in checkout - I have never once seen any UPS requested rates display.

The issues with Prestashop that constantly show up in trivial features means that this will likely be the last time I suggest Prestashop as a cart solution to clients. Magento is more stable, more features, better architecture, and without a doubt better support (seeing as the Prestashop support has not once proved useful).

EDIT (Solved?) --

So I've bothered myself to set up some sandbox situations where I can test this. I downloaded the latest (1.5.3.1) version, unpacked the files, and went to look in the upscarrier module folder to see if anything was changed, lo and behold, there is.

Should be line #1789 inside upscarrier.php

old code:

$replace = array($p['packaging_type'], $p['weight'], $this->_weightUnit, $p['width'], $p['height'], $p['depth'], $this->_dimensionUnit);

new code:

$replace = array($p['packaging_type'], $p['weight'], $this->_weightUnit, Tools::ps_round($p['width'],2), Tools::ps_round($p['height'],2), Tools::ps_round($p['depth'],2), $this->_dimensionUnit);

I dropped the new code in, refreshed my cart page that already had an order in progress, and voila, an actual UPS rate showed up.

Dear Prestashop,

Thanks for the acknowledgement of a bug fix in changelog! Thanks for the responses on the forum!!!

Geez.

Edited by pspahn (see edit history)

Also having the exact same issue:

• UPS Ground is only carrier. No other carriers exist - Free Shipping X is red.
  • Under Shipping tab, Free Shipping Starts at = $50000/50000 lbs.
  • Range is set to North America - 0-50000 lbs = $0.00 (nothing changes if I put a value here or remove the range entirely)
  • UPS Module Config - Green Check at top - Packing Weight = blank, Handling = blank, Rate Service Group = US Domestic Shipments UPS Ground checked in Delivery Service list, Origin address entered.
  • Product/Shipping tab - If the product has no carriers selected (supposed to use all methods if none selected) nothing shows up in checkout. This feature is flat out broken. It only shows carriers if they are selected.
  • All methods always show as "Free" in checkout - I have never once seen any UPS requested rates display.

The issues with Prestashop that constantly show up in trivial features means that this will likely be the last time I suggest Prestashop as a cart solution to clients. Magento is more stable, more features, better architecture, and without a doubt better support (seeing as the Prestashop support has not once proved useful).

Once again I think its the method as UPS has always worked great on my site.

You say Range is set to, but if using the the module you don't actually set a weight or price range they are handled by the module.

If you set you own range 0-5000=0.00 then shipping would be free.

In my shop when I install the UPS module both weight and price range are auto set to 0 - 10000 I do not set these in any way.

Clear any ranges you have set yourself, Clear free shipping starts at (for now) Uninstall the UPS module and re-install.

Go to Shipping Carriers remove all unused carriers and set default carrier to UPS ground and see what you get when you add an item to the cart.

Also if you are not signed in as a customer you will get Free Shipping as the module has no address to apply a shipping amount to.

I just set up UPS on a fresh install of 1.5 and worked perfectly the first time.

You can remove the free shipping from the cart for non sighned in customers,

Modify ajax-cart.js around line 600

change this:

if (parseFloat(jsonData.shippingCostFloat) > 0 || jsonData.nbTotalProducts < 1)

$('.ajax_cart_shipping_cost').text(jsonData.shippingCost);

else if (typeof(freeShippingTranslation) != 'undefined')

$('.ajax_cart_shipping_cost').html(freeShippingTranslation);

To this:

if (parseFloat(jsonData.shippingCostFloat) == 0 && parseInt(jsonData.nbTotalProducts) >= 0)

else

Then for the cart summery edit Shopping-cart.tpl and change

from this:

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && !isset($virtualCart)}

<tr class="cart_total_delivery">

<td colspan="5">{l s='Shipping:'}</td>

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Free Shipping!'}</td>

</tr>

to this:

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && !isset($virtualCart)}

<tr class="cart_total_delivery">

<td colspan="5">{l s='Shipping:'}</td>

<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='$0.00!'}</td>

</tr>

I just set up UPS on a fresh install of 1.5 and worked perfectly the first time.

Please read my entire post, specifically anything after the "EDIT" bit.

I am guessing you set up a fresh install with 1.5.3.1 - The bug I mention that was quietly fixed was in 1.5.2.0.

Ok first of all I did read your post I have a 1.5.3 test site and just installed the module to see if there was an issue with the module.

I actually have 4 sites from 1.4.7 to 1.5.3 and never had an issue with the UPS module.

At this time I do not have a 1.5.2 site to test on.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)

1.5.3.1 does have a UPS module, but it is not part of the downloaded package, it is installed through the backend.

1.5.2.0 was the same. Not included out of the box, but installed through backend.

This module was not downloaded from anywhere and installed manually. It was installed entirely from the backend of Prestashop from whatever module package is provided.

Exactly what I said, you never stated that you installed the download.

At this time it is a mute point because your fix worked for you.

However for future reference you also could have uninstalled, deleted refreshed the module page and installed the latest version form the Add-ons. (only works with Add-ons module)

Hey I am trying to help here not have an argument. :)

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)