How to Removed Tax included from Product Pricing - 1.4?

[sOLVED]

I have set up a nice shop, and love it. Only problem: My products display with 'tax incl.'

I'm using 1.4 version

I want taxes added in the cart, NOT displayed with product pricing.

--------------------

I have read about 20 different postings, many include vat, gst, or something else. Or, they want the tax to behave a certain way. There is nothing simply put on how to make it work the way I want to - unless it hasn't come up from my search.

I hope someone responds soon.

Thanks.

Edited by orangeblossom (see edit history)

Let me repeat:

My product shows (even by inputting the PRE-TAX price)

the retail price with 'tax included.'

When I send it to cart, NO tax shows. This is NOT logged in.

When I LOG in:

I get doubled taxed. It shows TAX included, but TAX in the cart.

What I need, is to REMOVE the Tax included from product. THe customer is FORCED to log in, and there the tax will display properly in cart.

thanks.

OK....according to my theme I've used (or perhaps it is due to something else), tax is NOT added until final part of the order. In other words, one doesn't see it until they go to submit final payment info.

So, thanks, it does what I need. It is there that the tax pops up.

It does what I want it to do, plus no tax on the shipping. I love things short and sweet!

I appreciate such a quick response! Have a great day tdr170!

--------------AS A RECAP---------------

To Remove the Tax Included with product:

Go to "customers"

Got to "groups"

Click on edit "default"

Change the tax to 'excluded'

Go back to product, enable your state tax on the product (that you set up under taxes).

Next, if it doesn't show, proceed to check out all the way to the end. It should show up there.

This whole concept permits products to be displayed without taxes, and then adds it at the end of check out; plus, it doesn't add any tax to shipping.

I appreciate tdr170 for helping me out on this...how this re-cap aids someone else in distress.

Yes tax will not be added to cart intill customer has registered or entered an address. otherwise how would Prestashop know what tax to charge.

Have a great one, to add [solved] go to your first post click edit then use full editor, then add [solved] in front of the title.