I am working on creating a app, where ebooks will be sold on my website and will be automatically available to read on the iOS and android app, custom created by my company.

While talking to Developers they mentioned webservice, I said my cart provides that feature, however when I showed them, they said we are used to links where we use the link and tell the database what action to do and know what will come back as a result.

Can someone explain if webservice feature available by prestashop can be used to connect to a App and will that allow sending links to the downloadable files, and sychrozing login credentials with the app.

Detail information will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are trying to access webservices in XML format. We started off with the example pretashop php file for Customer List and executed it as it was. In the result, it was giving us HTML formatted table with only customer numbers (but not the customer names). We want the complete data in XML format, for which we modified the CustomerList.php so that it returns XML file (even the customer ids only), we tried to achieve that but still it is returning it in the form of Objects but not in XML format.

If anyone have any idea how can it return complete data in the form of XML from that CustomerList.php file, do let us know.

This is related to same app that We are working on, and need the API's to work so order info can be relayed to the app

• 2 years later...