Order confirmation check if product prices were changed

flo_meyer

Dear all,

we use a new PrestaShop (1.5.2) and we use automatic price updates (every 5 minutes because of current spot rates) for our products. This works very well, but we have one question:

If a user added several products to his cart and waits for hours before finally checking out, prices can be much higher than the prices he sees in his cart.

How can we build a check if current prices (while checking out) matches the current shop prices? Is there a module available? What do you recommend (overriding order classes: If yes, which one)?

Any help would be very great!

Thanks in advance,

Flo

Hi Flo,

I would rather override Cart class.

The cart must be updated by prestashop when customer reaches steps to complete order.

Quantity available must be revalidate and so must prices, but this are speculation. I will test.

For personnal knowledge what kind of goods needs prices updated every 5 minutes ?

Best regards

Hi,

thanks for your replies! We want to set up a shop for precious metals, i.e. why we need frequent price updates.

I understand your test, but what if the customer nearly finished his order and waits for hours/days before clicking the "final confirm button", i.e. long time after opening his cart? I think the check has to be implemented at a later stage. What do you think?

Regards,

Flo

Yes, but when you send your customer to paypal and other payment system, you send them with a fixed amount to pay, and they have perhaps 10 minutes to enter their bank account.

Last stage would be payment system choice.

Unfortunatly sometimes you will win on rate, sometimes loose. You will also loose/win when you place your order to your supplier.

But If you tell your customer, that final rate will be fixed during order registration (cart become an order only when payment made,in most cases) you will have to change quantity/weight and prices in order. Does your product allow this ? 1000 grams can be turned in 985 grams ?

Edited by math_php (see edit history)