Hi guys,

I have a serious problem with ps 1.5.2, I get a blank page when I try to add/edit a product. I disinstalled and reinstalled the whole prestashop on my domain and it still doesn't work, freshly installed, with no modifications at all.

Firebug gives me these errors:

ReferenceError: $ is not defined

But I have no idea how to fix that, I've searched through forums, but nobody seems to answer to this kind of problems. Could anybody please help?

Thank u in advance

Edited by ckatia (see edit history)

Odd, try turning on the DB debug (line #29) as well as dev mode (in /config/defines.inc.php)

If you still do not see an error, you would have to look into the main server error log and try to see what is going on.

You can also try to view the source of the page, and see what shows at the bottom.

I haven't installed or changed anything, followed the steps before, but the weird thing is there's no error_log file, I've made a search for it, is it possible it's called something else? I've got the latest version of prestashop

The only thing I can think of, is that there is an error somewhere and it is being suppressed (using @)

You can try and do a new installation on the same server in a subfolder, and see if it works there, that should tell us if it related to the PS installation, or some sort of server issue.

• 4 weeks later...

My products page is doing the same thing - problem is I have no idea what and where to find all the php people speak of? Is on prestashop or in my host account? It was all working fine until a person from my host helped me out (because I wanted to change from .com/prestashop/ to just .com) now the products page doesnt work and neither does the customer access part (ie; I cant reply to messages etc) and no one seems to be able to offer any insite :-/