Custom dropdown fields within new products

Grant Morgan

Hi, I have a potential new customer who has a specific requirement, below is his spec...I have highlighted in BOLD the areas i'm unsure if Preastashop can do?

I used to have a website selling fossils. Was very good and I ran it for ten years but when I stated the enginering business I did not have the time. I now want o re-launch it...

Once an item is added (species name) the only things that will be variable next time are the

item number

size

weight

price

Description

So for example

I have set up category 'Ammonites' and sub category 'British Ammonites'

I have a new species to add.. I go into add new item

I select category Ammonites

I select sub cat British Ammonites

This then brings up a list of previous British Ammonite species I have added... This time I want to add a new species

I click new species button and I get a number of boxes to fill in

Species Name

Period

Stage

Price

Size

Weight

Description

Number of (default of 1 and dose not show on customer size unless more than one)

I fill in these boxes and add upto 4 photos (first one is taken as the thumbnail. Job done

Next time I have this species but it is a different size weight and price

I go into ammonites and then British Ammonites.. I click on that species name ... the following boxes are pre-populated with the first info I input.. the pre-populated boxes will be

Species Name

From

Period

Stage

The others will be blank and waiting to be filled. (I can still edit the pre-populated boxes if i want). The item number is always generated in increasing value every time I add an item. (None of the boxes are mandatory)

If anyone has some suggestions how this is possible please let me know?

Best regards