Missing "upload an image" button

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wooooeeehoeeeee....dear people. I have got the answer. It has cost me an entire webshop...3 weeks work...but I got it!

You have to change the language of the backoffice back to default (english) and voila...the button is back!

this doesn't work for me. I've got two fresh installs of presta 1.5.3. The problem is in both. Does anyone have any other ideas?

• 9 months later...

I had the same with Prestashop fresh install 1.5.6.0. This happened after a failed automatic update. The "upload an image" button disappeared sometime after this. I deleted the admin directory and uploaded it fresh from the Prestashop install. It worked! The button reappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooeeehoeeeee....dear people. I have got the answer. It has cost me an entire webshop...3 weeks work...but I got it!

You have to change the language of the backoffice back to default (english) and voila...the button is back!

hiii

i am also having the same problem

can you please help  me find and correct it ?

that will be very nice of you :)

• 4 weeks later...

Solved! I have renamed the js/tinymce.inc.js to tinymceinc.js and changed every links in prestashop for this file for the new name. (5 or 6) 

my setup in already in English,  that doesn't appear to fix the problem.  I also recopied in the Admin files, that also did not work.

last step is maybe to change the file above but what were the other files you changed please?

Update 2/7/14:  I have not yet fixed the problem but have found a work around.  while in the images tab, click on "save & stay",  this refreshed the page and like magic you're now able to upload an image, but you'll have to navigate off the tab to any of the others to get the "save" button back.

I've seen this error posted just about everywhere - it would really be beneficial to hear from someone with Prestashop about a fix.    

Edited by raine0001 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I was also missing the file upload button for products, but it was only missing in Chrome and Firefox. The button was there when I used IE 11.

This was a new install with no modifications made before checking if the button showed up. Curious that works in IE but not the others.

I was also missing the file upload button for products, but it was only missing in Chrome and Firefox. The button was there when I used IE 11.

This was a new install with no modifications made before checking if the button showed up. Curious that works in IE but not the others.

looks like it's not individual issue,

can you show contents of your browser error log (firefox/chrome)

in chrome press: ctrl+shift+j and reload product edit page,

any errors appear in console log?

I had the same issue after a few hours of looking through code... I realized that if I saved the product on the image page (after selecting the image tab bringing up the non existent button error) it magically appears of PRESTO.. or should I say PRESTA... you can upload the imaged.. kinda odd.. but it works... Just save before uploading which is probably a good idea anyway...

*tips his hat*

ZeropopulaR (the easy way!) 

• 2 months later...

Hi from Spain.

I got this error two months ago.

I've made in Chrome Ctrl+Shift+j and this is the result.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL /js/fileuploader.js:1074
Attr.specified is deprecated. Its value is always true. jquery-1.7.2.min.js:2
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery-1.7.2.min.js:3
  1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/plain: "https://jsl.infostatsvc.com/?PageVisitCounter_1=PBG_WiseEnhance|,|93dd8112-afe7-4d15-9248-2f63ce38b19e". gscs:3

Can you help me?.

Thanks in advance.

post-705974-0-18895800-1398693349_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tengo el mismo problema, el boton subir imagen y el boton subir archivo CVS no hacen ninguna accion

I have the same problem, the upload image button and the button to upload CSV file make no action

I resolved the problem of the buttons, reinstalling Prestashop from 0

resolvi el problema de los botones, reinstalando Prestashop desde 0