How to add space between F.O. modules/blocks?

D-Zs

Hi guys

I need to add some space between 2 modules that I have on the webshops FO.

Its the editorial and home feautered products modules that I need som space between. Im guessing i need to add some margin somewhere, but I cant figure out where.

its on this site: www.cyklerogfritid.dk

the modules are in danish, so they're called:

VELKOMMEN TIL CYKLER & FRITIDS WEBSHOP

FREMHÆVEDE VARER

I have tried adding margin to the bottom of the block that is on top but then it just expands the background of that block. I also tried padding which gave the same result. I even tried putting an extra div tag between them with a height of 100 px but it also just expands the background on the block... is there really nobody who can help with this?!

Hard to help when the modules in question have been disabled/deleted. I just looked at the store (BTW, it took over 30 secs. for the store to load) and the FREMHÆVEDE VARER module was not there.

Marty Shue

Hi Marty

The module was disabled due to troubleshooting, I have reactivated it now.

As for the loading time, I have no idea why its that slow... I havent disabled smarty cache or enabled force compile so it should load faster... Maybe I should speak with my host about it...

The module was disabled due to troubleshooting, I have reactivated it now.

Ok, thanks.

The reason you are not able to do what you want is because both modules are wrapped in a div (e.g. div#center_column_inner) and this div has an image for the background that is positioned at the bottom of the div. Additionally, the center_column div has an image for the bg with #fff as bg color.

You will need to redo all of the above to get the spacing you want without the white background. It really shouldn't be too complicated or time consuming.

Marty Shue

• Like 1

Ok, thanks.

The reason you are not able to do what you want is because both modules are wrapped in a div (e.g. div#center_column_inner) and this div has an image for the background that is positioned at the bottom of the div. Additionally, the center_column div has an image for the bg with #fff as bg color.

You will need to redo all of the above to get the spacing you want without the white background. It really shouldn't be too complicated or time consuming.

Marty Shue

Thank you for the fast reply Marty! :)

Well, the only problem is, that I dont know how to do it because my html/css skills are very limited to be honest.

I understand what you mean, and it makes perfect sense but I just don't know where or how to change it.

I will check it out, thanks Marty.

If anyone else stumbles across this topic and you want to lend a helping hand, it would be much appreciated, as I am not in a position where I can pay for the services of an expert, who can solve the problem for me.