1.5.2: Category update errors...

gdinari

I am not sure what is causing my recent problem and would appreciate some feedback from the community.

The problem is that whenever I try to update a category I get a server 500 error. It doesnt matter what I want to update (category name, category image, etc.) my browser [chrome 18] always gives me the server error.

This is weird because I am able to create new categories but to update existing categories are unsuccessful. I turned on the "display error" option in the config file but I still get just the original server error that Ive been receiving.

In the error description below it includes the url related to the error:

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost/gizmotrims152/gt_admin/index.php?controller=admincategories&submitAddcategory=1&token=0b1046d3400ba857525fc4804c4cee77. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Does anyone know what the problem and a possible solution?

Edited by gdinari (see edit history)

I have found a solution to my problem not sure if it will fix the original post. Some of the categories when uploaded through the CSV had a creation date of 00000 etc. This is a problem apparently. If you go into the DD and change the date to a correct format it works.

Hope this fixes you problem gdinari

Hello gdinari, please keep up updated about how you are solving this problem. If possible, check your database errors if there are any, that will give you more information. Also, I would try to import your CSV and try and update a category, without updating the theme. Use the base theme and see if you can import the CSV again and successfully update a category.