PayPal Amount Different From Cart Amount w/ Specific Pricing

I have an issue where the total amount in my cart differs from the total amount of the PayPal payment screen.

The cart has two items at $13.65 each and 8.25% tax will be applied. After shipping the total charges come out to $37.35 (at least that's what's stated in the cart). When I click to pay with PayPal the total comes out to be $37.33. It appears that the issue is that the amounts for each item with tax applied are not being rounded up when they are passed to PayPal. $13.65 * 1.085 = $14.776 which should round up to $14.78; however Prestashop is sending $14.77 to PayPal.

I'll include some images so you can see what I'm referring to.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

UPDATE: The confirmation email displays the same amount as the Cart (no surprise there) but this could be confusing for customers who just paid less than the confirmation email indicates.

post-405153-0-44315200-1354322866_thumb.jpg

post-405153-0-02460400-1354322867_thumb.png

post-405153-0-28775600-1354328117_thumb.png

Edited by elameno (see edit history)

I decided to change my rounding mode to inferior for a temporary fix but now the problem has inverted. Now the Prestashop cart and email display $37.33 and the PayPal cart displays $37.35. It seems that somewhere in the code someone got their if then conditions messed up. I'll probably dig around later on when I have more time, but if someone else can find the spot and comment with a fix I'd MUCH appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm further narrowing the problem. It appears that this is a problem only for products that have a Specific price set. In my case, one of the products I'm selling has been reduced by 30% which brings the final price to $13.65. The discrepancy between the cart and PayPal occurs for these products.

I set a different product to a regular price of $13.65, tested the checkout process, and all went smoothly. I still can't find the offending code, but I'm digging. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I had a similar problem with specific prices. I am on 1.4.7.2 My [spam-filter] did the setup and had the error so I didnt do the hands on.. but what she reported was that with specific prices and a discount the amounts in the cart and paypal were different..and then paypal choked and failed saying the amounts were not the same.. We were in the middle of a sale and crunh time so we removed the specific pricing and it cleared up. FWIW.. we dont charge tax so it wasnt a rounding issue. It seemed to be the combination of a 50% voucher with specific pricing.

• Like 1