Updating inventory based on reference number only

I get a LARGE inventory feed from my supplier, and the feed is pretty generic - their name, etc. I am looking to use a CSV import to update JUST the price and inventory levels, without updating the name - their name is "Item 1" in their format, and I have it customized to "Item 1 for X". I have the import template mapped and it will update if I include the product name, but then it will over-write "Item 1 for X" with "Item 1" again.

Is there a way to import updated quantities using the reference as the unique key?

Thanks!

Bob

OK, additional question - I am getting my feed where each combination is in fact a separate line - they each have unique reference numbers and unique UPC's, but different names. I am trying (above) to mass update the combination quantity and price based on this feed. If there is an easier/better way, I am all ears :)

In my case I get my feed daily from my supplier, and this feed is 3300 items - so I have to manually go through each item to customize it the way we need it, but then want to just be able to mass update qty, price, etc daily.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Bob

• Like 1

Hello,

If I understand your question correctly you need just to update inventory regularly, you do not need to update all product data. In this case Automated Product Import addon will save you lot of time as it allows you to import few fields from .csv file and skip other data.

Also you can automate this time consuming task if you receive the file regularly from your supplier.

In your case you have to determine product ID, Quantity and Price fileds in order to update the price and inventory levels. I'm not sure that this is possible only with reference as the unique key. You must know that this Addon requires Store Manager for PrestaShop.

In my case I get my feed daily from my supplier, and this feed is 3300 items - so I have to manually go through each item to customize it the way we need it, but then want to just be able to mass update qty, price, etc daily.

Just download Store Manager for free, connect to your database and then choose the products, right-click, there is the feature to mass change the products. Then you can look for more features, there are other ways to change your products at ones

I propose you paid solution but if you buy this software - you pay only once and get the live-time license without having to pay additional fee as most online services do.

Edited by Smichot (see edit history)