List suppliers Logos in center part of page

I'd like to either modify the suppliers block (should be less work?) or create a new module:

For my 1.5.2 shop, I'm not reselling items, so no products are associated with any suppliers - I buy rope, wood, canvas etc and make things...

What I'd like to have is a list of logos between the featured products and the footer. Clicking a logo should open up the corresponding supplier page with address etc.

There are a couple of problems

• The default suppliers block is not working properly
  • How do I insert the logo (what variable do I use, $supplier.image seems to be incorrect)
  • How do I create a new hook in the center part of the page?

Thanks,

/Mats

code for supplier id is:

{$link->getsupplierLink($supplier.id_supplier, $supplier.link_rewrite)}

Not sure what you mean, that's the code in the module, but it directs to the list of items supplied by the supplier, not a page with address etc which is what I want.

/Mats

Got the logos in place instead of the names, but I cannot seem to find the correct css to fix the spacing, see http://mohsart.se/handkraft/index.php

(I may be reconsidering the placement and keep the block on the left, if I can fix all issues with it)

Edit: Fixed the spacing by using .jpg instead of -large_default.jpg

/Mats

Edited by mohsart (see edit history)

Where can I find where $nbSuppliers and $suppliers_list are defined/made available (or should be) for themes/supplier-list.tpl

They are 0 and undefines respectively for me.

Does the suppliers module work for anyone?

Edit: And $supplier->description in themes/supplier.tpl (undefined for me)

Edit 2: Wrong, $supplier->description works

/Mats

Edited by mohsart (see edit history)

Not sure what you mean, that's the code in the module, but it directs to the list of items supplied by the supplier, not a page with address etc which is what I want.

/Mats

Yes, this gets list of items for a supplier. I'll see if I can get code for supplier information