Hi everyone,

I update the PayPal plugin on my ecommerce website from an version that I don't remember (maybe 2.8) to the new 3.3, and since that update, there is a lot of error code in 70% of the transaction ! I mean, 70% of the transaction cannot be completed (see the image).

When I go see the errorcode, it's the 10417 one, OR the 10729 one. So I search for both of them on the web, and what I found is that the customer does not have a valid credit card, etc. But I look with all my customers and their credit card is working fine. Or the other error code says, that the shipping address state is empty, this is not true, I try to buy something on my store, and it's says that.

So I just have a question. How can we fix that ? Do I have to downgrader the PayPal plugin to an older version (like 2.8), do I have to fix somethings, ect.

Please someone reply asap because one transaction it's a lot for me.

--------------------

Error code :

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2012-11-26T13:46:43ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

AND

26T22:32:57ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

post-439334-0-67502900-1354049425_thumb.png

Same error here. Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

or

10417L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction cannot complete.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

anyone got a solution???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error ERRORCODE0 -> 10729. I'm losing business daily and spending a ton of time fielding questions from customers. I can't have this continue. I would upgrade to the new PayPal mod but that doesn't work either!

Someone from Prestashop needs to come up with a fix for this or stop releasing mods that are this buggy.

Yes what i did, at every user profiles i made sure state apears. I mean: go to Customers--> Addresses --> Check user-->on right side choose edit--> and make sure state present, if not put by yourself.

And do it with every user, in that way next time user will be able to purches the goods. But it s ofcourse temporary solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BUMP

To bump this one, and raise attention that MANY people running into the same problem / error messages...

Express checkout isn't collection ALL PP account details!

I mean common.., you are aware of this problem for quite a long time and didnt come up with a solution?

And no, the customers didn't put in wrong details..

Please also see the PayPal forum

Edited by vinatec (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Same error, only for Canadian customers.. so weird.

Anyone had any luck fixing this? I can't find anything on fixing it.

• 2 months later...

I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1 and paypal module 3.5.0.

I have tried to buy a test product with express checkout but I got this error:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-05-21T15:45:53Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

http://www.kado2iran.com

If you search test, a test product is there with price of 0.1 CAD.

I really appreciate if you could do a test and help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I just disabled express check out.

At least my customers can pay me now!

Edited by mojtabam (see edit history)