Preferences Store contacts not saving main email HELP PLS 1.5.2

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on my first prestashop site and everything was going smoothly until I decided to change the Preferences-Store contacts- Shop Email from the default ([email protected]) which was my signup email to my new dedicated email for the site to: [email protected]

No matter what I do it says saved then when leaving the page and returning it reverts to old email.

I have read every post I could fine on this and tried all suggestions including, turning of cache, force recompile, deleting cache folder and smarty/compile folder contents, clearing browser cache & trying diff browsers and whatever else I could find but it still won't change.

Just so we are clear I am running latest version 1.5.2, and what I want to change is Preferences-Store contacts- Shop Email (Displayed in emails sent to customers)

Please can anyone on this forum help? I've been stuck on this for days now and don't want to continue working on shop if I can't fix this problem.

Best Regards

Dion

Hi I was having the same problem.

It is a fault caused by changing something!!

I fixed it by editing directly in the ps_configuration file in the database. I can't find any other way!!

This can be risky back up your database first.

Log into you cpanel >>phpmyadmin> your database name> Search> type in your email that you want to change>

highlight PS_configuration> ... it should find it ... > edit > change your email then save by pressing the go button > then press> home (top left) close it up and test it.

It isn't the "correct" way to fix it, but it will let you grow some more hair, if you have been pulling it out for a few days.

Hope this helps

Cheers

ace mcputer

Edited by Ace mcputer (see edit history)

Ahhh Ace,

Thx so much for the suggestion! I will definitely give it a go tomorrow when I get a chance, at this point anything's worth a try I say.

When you say back up the database, you mean the standard way through PS shop Back Office right? Haven't does this yet as yet also and I guess now would be as a time as any.

Lol, hopefully this will save some hair!, and if it's the case let me know if you need any in the future (hair that is) :D

Again, Thanks for the input!

D'

Hey Barney,

Yeah very frustrating to say the least, especially since I opened a Bug report on it the same time I posted and ofcourse no one from PS has bothered to answer or acknowledge it.

Personally I have no idea why it happened..?

Oh well no thanks to PS support but big props to Ace and the provided solution.

Hey Thatsme,

That is rather frustrating, seems like input from the BO (shop email address) is not passing any new data over to the database.

One other thing I noticed in my e-mail prefs, it refuse to save "use my own SMTP", onces saved , it reverts back to "use php mail". Maybe these 2 errors got something in common, since they bot use the email module ?

Broomer,

Your right! I had the exact same problem when trying to setup the SMTP email settings- It wasn't really something that really bothered me at the time as the default email settings were/are working fine for me.

But yes whenever trying to change them it says it's been saved though it isn't the case. Oh well another bug hopefully PS Dev's can get this sorted out too in the future.