modification of the code

zwora

Hello. I would like to run the shop with roller blinds and I need to add to my product description two textboxes (input type="text") so the customers can put the width and height of the blind in there and the price is calculated based on that. I thought that I could modify existing part of the prestashop code but I encountered the problem with locating the suitable file. If I use the search text in files function (both in linux and windows 7 with indexing on and off) I get no results. I created the attribute with the unique name using back office and it is visible in the front office, but it cannot be find with searching program. It is really astonishing. Can anyone explain why does it happen?

Another way to do what I want to do is to create a module which would modify the look of product description adding the new stuff, but it would require recalling the suitable hook. Is there any map of hooks location on the shop layout? Or any good hooks list with the information about their location?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Ok I've got other questions:

1. Where to hook my code, so two text boxes appear in the place where the product attributes go (i.e. color, disk space in fresh prestashop installation)? The productActions hook is not good for that because new stuff comes underneath the price.

2. How to modify the price (what object and method should be called to update the price)?

3. How to add a new attribute category to back office?