[tutorial] Remove shop name from meta title tag

vekia

I've noticed that many of prestashop forum members don't know how to remove shop name from page title. I decided to write step-by-step tutorial about removing shop name from meta title tags. You can read it here:

How to remove shop name from pages title in prestashop?

In this paper, we will write step by step tutorial about deleting shop name from page title. It's one way to enhance / change SEO of your shop. We also assume that if you've come here you probably already know something about "SEO" and editing prestashop template (.tpl) files. If not - don't worry - we will clearly describe each steps in this paper... click to read

I also attached overrided meta.php class file, read carefully instructions in article. Hope it helps for all of you

seo-title-metaoverride.zip

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I've noticed that many of prestashop forum members don't know how to remove shop name from page title. I decided to write step-by-step tutorial about removing shop name from meta title tags. You can read it here:

How to remove shop name from pages title in prestashop?

In this paper, we will write step by step tutorial about deleting shop name from page title. It's one way to enhance / change SEO of your shop. We also assume that if you've come here you probably already know something about "SEO" and editing prestashop template (.tpl) files. If not - don't worry - we will clearly describe each steps in this paper... click to read

I also attached overrided meta.php class file, read carefully instructions in article. Hope it helps for all of you

Hello Vekia thanks for a great guide...

I did follow this guide... 

But i have still some problems with the "ps_shop_name" in the meta title :o(

but ONLY AT the categories of the products ... 

i cant see what should be wrong with the code.... 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post vekia but it doesn't work for me, i have prestashop 1.6.1.0.

By reading your tutorial i read that i have to open file override/classes/Meta.php but that file doesn't exist by default in my prestashop version....

No matter, i tried creating a new file, named it Meta.php in override/classes, pasted all from tutorial but...... my website won't load anymore...

am i doing wrong something?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Witam,

mam pytanie odnośnie zmiany tagu title dla kategorii w Meta.php. Mimo zmian w pliku nie wyświetlają się w przeglądarce. Czy coś nie tak robię? Bardzo proszę o pomoc.

Pozdrawiam,

Łukasz

----

Problem rozwiązany :)

W momencie dodania filtrów do kategorii zmienia się sposób ładowania produktów w danej kategorii oraz prezentacji ich linków. Rozwiązaniem rozwinięcia tagu title dla stron kolejnych danej kategorii jest edycja linii ~3126 w pliku blocklayered.php i wstawienie numeru strony w tag title. U mnie zadziałało. Czekam na aktualizację w Search Console i wyniki tej zmiany na SERP ;) Mam nadzieję, że również to pomoże innym.

Pozdrawiam,

Łukasz Gabrysiak

Edited by gante (see edit history)